Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
new2sr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
new2sr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
S14 RB25 Refresh

The story, nostalgia lol. I owned a built S13 SR. Missed it, so I figured I would buy a S14 this time. The S13 was not as street friendly as this build is going to be.

Chassis-S14 240sx SE Pearl White..super clean. Purchased at auction for 2300. Bone stock.

The trunk, doors, quarter panels, and floor have been covered in dyna mat, and 1/2 inch foam padding to fully sound proof the hollow interior.

Wheels- 18x9.5 18x8.5 RO_JA Formula 5 in plus 25 offsets. The rears will probably get a 10mm spacer with extended studs.

Suspension- Megan Track coil overs, Tein camber and toe arms, poly rear sub-frame bushings,

Exhaust- Not decided yet

Engine- S1 RB25 pulled out of a friends running S13 vert.

Fuel- Walbro 255, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive fuel filter.

The engine was pulled about 2 weeks ago and placed on an engine stand. during the pull i noticed something...he had no exhaust gaskets anywhere...

Then after pulling the motor I found that there was no exhaust manifold gasket.

The motor has since been fully cleaned and checked. The head has been rebuilt. The intake manifold is a greddy knock-off. Gotta say, this one was a great knock off, everything matched perfectly, the ports were the same size as the head..no issues. I had it powder coated black.

The throttle body has been replaced with an OEM one due to a cracked IAC. All the gaskets were replaced with Cometic. The turbo that is going on the car is a Garret T3/T4e with an internal waste gate.

The intercooler piping, brackets...will be powder coated gloss black.

I will take a lot more photos soon and keep everything updated as it progresses. This is not going to be a DD car, but is being built as a DD to last.
new2sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links