Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
Feint Of Heart
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Feint Of Heart will become famous soon enoughFeint Of Heart will become famous soon enoughFeint Of Heart will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Powered by MAX coilover users! Need some info

Anyone who has Powered by MAX coils, I'd just like to know your opinion of them and how they are holding up. I'm not asking if they are better than this coilover, or that, just straight up opinions of them. If you've used other coils in the past, say how they compare or whatever. I've looked through the MAX thread and from the little I have seen in there, they seem like a great coilover, but I'd just like to hear from owners themselves. Any info is great, you can even PM it to me, email it, or just tell me on AOL if you want.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Search reveals this and a FS thread.

I'd like to know too.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
I have the coilovers and so far so good, they can go extremely low. My wheels are coming tomorrow so after that I will do final adjustments and other things like that. So far I love them but they are very very stiff I run them all the way soft and they are still extremly stiff. But if you can sacrifice some comfort for handing purposes then these are for you. PM me for any other info you may need. And Dan from the company is helpful too so go to their forums and shoot them whatever questions you may have. www.poweredbymax.net
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
seantwopointone

seantwopointone is on a distinguished road
ive heard nothing but good things as well.
seantwopointone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
kirk, warren, and tommy all have them. if they can survive full throttle the huge dip at nos center, they can survive anything. of course eventually they will need rebuilding (few years), when you just replace the shock-cheaper/faster. i dont haqve any experience with this first hand, but all the guys i listed are very close personal friends of mine, who do sick shit with their car's and they are holding up. stiff as fuck! will turn your lunch into diarhreah in 15 minutes flat. my friend told me about it lol
Old 07-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #6
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
hahah adding on to the stiffness a few rules
1. No drinks in the car ever again.
2. Your car will make noises you have never heard before, I think my sun roof is coming off half of the time haha
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #7
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
powered by max or stance gr+... hmm

does anyone have experience with fitting a +12-15 9.5in wheel up front on s13 with these coils? in other words, how do these compare with other coilovers as far as wheel clearance.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:19 PM   #8
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Max coilovers are stiff as fuck. If you have to ask if they're stiff, they're not for you. I didn't get to drive mine much so I can't comment on its durability but i've heard good things
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #9
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S30Z Bushido View Post
does anyone have experience with fitting a +12-15 9.5in wheel up front on s13 with these coils? in other words, how do these compare with other coilovers as far as wheel clearance.
That should clear any coilover.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:35 PM   #10
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Quote:
Originally Posted by S30Z Bushido View Post
powered by max or stance gr+... hmm

Almost same as my JICs. 17x9+23 had about a 1 mm gap
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
i just picked up a set today for my s14 and all i can say is wow. much better than my old teins and you can go as low as you want!
driftsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:20 AM   #12
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How much were they for s14?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #13
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Contact them
Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #14
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
i'm keeping an eye on this thread! more responses please.
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #15
Feint Of Heart
Leaky Injector

Feint Of Heart will become famous soon enoughFeint Of Heart will become famous soon enoughFeint Of Heart will become famous soon enough
Thanks for all of the responses! I'm having a tough time deciding between these and GR+'s. The price for these is great, and it seems like everyone who has them loves them. Keep the responses coming, I'm sure there are other out there who would like to hear about them.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #16
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
That should clear any coilover.
I know that Tien HE wont clear a 9.5 +15 without a spacer, and neither will Megans...
KTS and Stance i know will clear... and someone above said that the Max's clear 17x9 +23 by 1mm, so that means it will clear 9.5 +15 by 3mm. good news!

now can anybody comment about Stance GR+ (not pro) vs. Max
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #17
txrxs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
txrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I should have mine in a couple days, I'll let you know once they are installed.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #18
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by opponheimer View Post
How much were they for s14?
they were $1000. i believe thats the price for every coilovers they make
driftsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
Bushido
Post Whore!

anyone that can offer some experienced opinions on stance vs max?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #20
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsilvias13 View Post
they were $1000. i believe thats the price for every coilovers they make
And thats what makes them so nifty!! lol well one of the reasons lolk
Old 08-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #21
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
s30z i have the same problem as you. don't know if i should get stance gr+ pro's or the PBMAX c/o. everyone thats around me has these! so it makes it harder to decide. they swear by stance. but by the looks of it i might go with these because, price is about the same, easily rebuildable, they are used in drift events, so they show some track support, and i like the fact that someone said "if you have to ask how stiff they are then they are to siff for you". you can go really low. i can sacrifice comfort for handling... thats nooooo problem!! but still on the fence..
more responses please

i want to hear people say that they switched from stances for these.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #22
crescendo
Leaky Injector

crescendo is on the path to ruincrescendo is on the path to ruin
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsilvias13 View Post
i just picked up a set today for my s14 and all i can say is wow. much better than my old teins and you can go as low as you want!
Just curious, what TEIN's did you have? Which version are you comparing these to?
crescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #23
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if you wanna be ridiculously flush , these coilovers will put you six feet under.

if you want the stiffest ride with reasonable quality, these coilovers is 1grand.

if you want warranty, then give it back to them if u want who cares.

if you wanna be like warren g, tommy, and them other ppl on sddrift.com your a$$ needs some max coilovers. go on poweredbymax.net and look at their youtube video and see if u wanna be cool too.

the only thing better than max coilovers is those hella baller zeal coilovers lol, but who's baller?
unlegendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #24
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

o yeah standard 10/8 springs!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:15 AM   #25
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
the only thing better than max coilovers is those hella baller zeal coilovers lol, but who's baller?
Or Koni, Penske, JRZ, Bilstein, Ohlins, etc.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #26
jkeisser
Leaky Injector

jkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enough
Hm..
Stance has been having a bit of problems lately, right?
Thats what I've read up on other threads.. but I should be purchasing a set of the P/B Max coilovers soon!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #27
Silvia_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Silvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymoreSilvia_S13 is not welcome here anymore
-kirk

i have these on my s13, as matt already said (hitman) me, tommy, warren, dan(dan at max usa with the s15) all have the coilovers, and abuse them all the time. orange show dip, we catch mad air n keep riding. i daily drive these and they are pretty stiff, but i think its better described as agressive. they are very agressive but are called comp coilovers for a reason. if u want girly feeling grocery getting coilovers, go buy some other shit. if u want some shit u can rely on for drifting and improve dramatically, these coilovers are for you...

you can go way fuckin low

8/10 spring rate standard

same price no matter what car u have...

just remember, the softest setting on these coilovers are like stifferr then teins hardest setting....

i had a choice, max coils or stance coils, and i bought max...

do i regret? fucks nah.. these coilovers are seriously badass and if ur serious about drifting, u already kno which ones to buy...
Old 08-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #28
jkeisser
Leaky Injector

jkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enoughjkeisser will become famous soon enough
very cool.
good review!^

Do you have any experience with Stance?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #29
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeisser View Post
Hm..
Stance has been having a bit of problems lately, right?
Thats what I've read up on other threads..
Where did you hear this? Links.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #30
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Where did you hear this? Links.
The only problem they've been having is keeping them in stock. because everyone loves them. I had to wait a month for mine.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote