Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
weagle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
weagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Power FC - Not saving settings

94-96 blacktop Power Fc

Won't save settings after I turn the power off to the car.

If you need any more info to help me, let me know.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
motronic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
motronic is making a name for him/her selfmotronic is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Make sure you have 12V continuous battery connected to the ECU pin (look at your ECU pinout) and that the run/crank relay is wired properly.
motronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
Mine only saved some of the settings.. some it didnt. Which setting are you talking about? When you shut the car off, your clock still works right?

-Bart
DJ_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
weagle
Zilvia Member

weagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant future
Right now I was only modifying injector settings.

I am pretty sure my clock stayed the same, I will have to double check
Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
make sure you have the power wired up correctly.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
make sure that when you have the key in the on position and make changes that you turn the car back off before you try and start it.
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
weagle
Zilvia Member

After I turn the car off, all of the changes that I made are gone.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by weagle View Post
After I turn the car off, all of the changes that I made are gone.
call apex and see what they have to say.

pretty helpful last few times that i called them about power fc problems.
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #9
weagle
Zilvia Member

Thanks, I will give that a go
Old 08-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #10
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
who did your wiring?
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
FrankeBonez
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FrankeBonez is making a name for him/her selfFrankeBonez is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i forget what pin number it is but its not required for the stock ecu for everything to run properly. Most people forget to wire in a constant 12v to this one of the pins, i forget which one it is but make sure you have constant (key off) 12v at pin 56 and 109. if so, go from there and check to see if you have acc power at all the proper terminals (refer to a fsm) i had this problem with my rb and several friends had the same problem with there sr's. every time it was a pin not getting power when its supposed to.
FrankeBonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
weagle
Zilvia Member

XAT Racing in Florida did the swap(what a joke)

When I first plugged in my Power FC, no power.
So I had a local shop work on it and they got it running, so I will just take it back to them and let them finish it.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
weagle
Zilvia Member

Anybody got a schematic for the power fc? shop is having issues finding one.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:02 AM   #14
attracted
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
attracted is making a name for him/her selfattracted is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok i had the exact same problem and we figured it out

you absolutly need to be running the 12v constant AND also need to be running the ecu relay to make this work

the reason being is that when you turn off the car...the relay will keep the ecu on for another second which apexi uses to save all the changes..if you dnt have the ecu relay along with the 12v constant you can forget bout saving any changes....if you need any more help let me knwo
attracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #15
weagle
Zilvia Member

We can't figure out where to put the relay in without a power fc schematic