Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Canada > Ontario

Old 06-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Gaelen
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Gaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OUr government at it's prime

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/21/o...ore-it-hits-t/

this is some kind of retardedness
Old 06-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Wow, so that dude is advocating the destruction of modified cars in general?
Punishment without a crime?
Oh snap, Johnny MIGHT grow up to kill someone, so let's strap him in the electric chair first!
Good luck in Canuckistan!
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #3
Chasmoore04
Zilvia Junkie

Chasmoore04 is making a name for him/her selfChasmoore04 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to Chasmoore04 Send a message via Yahoo to Chasmoore04
Thats probably one of the most retarded things I've ever seen
Old 06-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
sleepy_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow

djkashjklasfhjklda message
Old 06-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
yeah welcome to the land of anti-modified cars....and the problem is the cars getting in accidents while street racing are momy and daddies cars that the kid took out for the night....

they actually think wed be stupid enough to throw money into our cars and then risk wrecking them on the street out of all places? i think not.... thats what tracks are for!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Dont you just hate how our government targets petty shit all the time, they do this becasue its easy and cheap to prosecute, anything that can bring quick easy revenue to the state, you gotta love the mafia run state, I can't wait to go to work for them as a CO.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
-=RS13=-
Leaky Injector

-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of-=RS13=- has much to be proud of
Sucks for Ontario, However that violates atleast 3 sections of our charter of rights so i highly doubt it will ever pass
Old 06-21-2007, 11:36 PM   #8
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Wow, so that dude is advocating the destruction of modified cars in general?
Punishment without a crime?
Oh snap, Johnny MIGHT grow up to kill someone, so let's strap him in the electric chair first!
Good luck in Canuckistan!
Canada never ceases to amaze me with the stupid laws they will attempt.

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. Parts of Canada are working to begin CARB/SMOG regulations and laws in line with California, and just as strict (if not more so), and everywhere is begining to crack down on illegal imports and engine swaps, modified cars and street racing.

I know someone, who I trust very much, who works in the Canadian federal government, and I was told that there are people wanting to put strict regulations on street vehicle modifications. Or outlawing modification altogether.

Everyone in Canada get ready... our lives are about to get a lot tougher. lol
Old 06-23-2007, 02:13 AM   #9
opticfilms
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
opticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of lightopticfilms is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that sucks because live by Ontario i dont street race but wangan on the freeway.
opticfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #10
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Damn. That's gay as hell. I would have to say that is closer to car jacking someone than helping out others. I think I'd put a gun to someone's head before I let them take my car for no reason other than they think I would street race.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #11
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I think its time for a democracy to take seat in canaka haha.

time for a coup, time for freedom lol

man that is just amazing

property rights globally are being flushed down the toilet.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #12
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
I think its time for a democracy to take seat in canaka haha.

time for a coup, time for freedom lol

man that is just amazing

property rights globally are being flushed down the toilet.
I'm down for a coup.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #13
Ca_laurier
Zilvia Junkie

Ca_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to all
a friends shop is a couple of blocks away from where the street races are

trust me, 90% of the cars there are imports from japan

could imagine its the same over there
Ca_laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #14
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
what the fuck.

how retarded can people get.

So because Johnie boy decided to rice up mom's neon and crash it, now the responsible people have to pay for him? I mean what the hell happened to punishing someone for their ACTIONS. It's not because I enjoy this hobby of dropping shitloads of money into my car that I'm a street racer.

Even worse is that I actually keep the stupid driving for the track.

ughh stupid ass goverment, fuck the conservatives fuck them all.

I WILL vote liberal next elections, let it be known.

fuckers.

I hope they read this post and come and get me at my house.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #15
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
yeah what happened to conservatives world-wide?

they went from laziae faire to fucking facists in 24 seconds.

makes me fucking sick.

its the same emerging crap in the US too, and pretty much everywhere.

It's like

"you worked hard for this?"

"yes father govt"

"well fuck it fuck your couch"

"why!?!"

"because we think you might think about doing some shit that might be annoying or look bad to 85 year old pissed off dieing voters in the district"

"but im a good tax payer and I race at the track"

"what track? were closing that too"

Old 06-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #16
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
honestly this is the biggest joke...... for example look at the fatalities and youll see street racing deaths are a minority compared to others such as drunk driving but hell they dont wanna do anything about that cause its too much bother for them to do all the paperwork.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #17
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
what the fuck.

how retarded can people get.

So because Johnie boy decided to rice up mom's neon and crash it, now the responsible people have to pay for him? I mean what the hell happened to punishing someone for their ACTIONS. It's not because I enjoy this hobby of dropping shitloads of money into my car that I'm a street racer.

Even worse is that I actually keep the stupid driving for the track.

ughh stupid ass goverment, fuck the conservatives fuck them all.

I WILL vote liberal next elections, let it be known.

fuckers.

I hope they read this post and come and get me at my house.
I don't like any of Canada's political parties... when I vote in Canadian elections I'm usually picking what I feel is the lesser of the evils.

Federally that usually means Conservative. Provincially... I just don't give a fuck. lol
Old 06-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #18
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

honestly i shouldnt be complaining because ive yet to vote at an election so my vote could have made a difference lol

oh well its still stupid.

btw i read in the paper today that they are planning to bring this new law that if you are caught doing 50 over the limit then it would be considered street racing and they would impound the vehicle on the spot.

what is this world coming to?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #19
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
how can one be racing if he is alone?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #20
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

well thats just what i read/understood.... btw it can be argued because what is solo II and time attacks? racing against yourself right? but honestly this whoe thing is a joke. why are they so against modified cars? theyve been around forever and the percentage of accident with modified cars is next to nothing compared to other accidents.... but i dont wanna get into it.... its just really frustrating.... but the government isnt helping their case. they wonder why people try to run away from cops.... well if its between trying to escape from teh cops or losing your car....geez i wonder what most people would do?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #21
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Damn I thought that cali people were fucked, but damn Ontario's got it worst than we do fo sho.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:38 PM   #22
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know i'm freeeee.

I doubt it'll go down...
Farzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #23
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
The Attorney General mentioned in the OP article got charged with criminal negligence causing death when his Saab got into an altercation with a bike courier.

Michael Bryant charged in cyclist's death - thestar.com

Another rule i think is dumb in Ontario is the engine idling law where if you idle your car to long you can get a ticket. This is outrageous to me because it takes a while to defrost your windows or warm up your gear oil on those cold winter days.
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #24
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
i doubt it will happen it will destroy the small after market shops, tuners ect and canada wont benefit from the extra tax revenue...
godrifttoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #25
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
holy 2 year thread revival....
Old 12-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #26
blitzsti22
Zilvia Addict

blitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enoughblitzsti22 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to blitzsti22
how do you even find 2yr old threads
blitzsti22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #27
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
minority report for modified cars: Mr. RICER, you are hereby convicted for the future street race against an orange srt-4 neon...

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #28
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsti22 View Post
how do you even find 2yr old threads
On page 1 of the ontario subsection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax
holy 2 year thread revival....
more like an update.
you don't find the fact that the Attorney General who helped make this law happen has criminal charges regarding a death with his automobile a tad ironic? It might be to those living in Ontario....
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote