Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:47 AM   #1
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Richmond VA Diagnosing Help

Hey guys,

I've got a S13 with SR20det - pretty clean, but having a weird issue.

It's tuned on AEM V2, and now I'm having intermittent starting issues. No spark when it doesn't start (95% of the time) and then sometimes randomly it will start.

For example, last week it started and I drove it around and it acted PERFECT. Everything worked, drove smoothly, pulled nicely, found idle no problem. Perfect. Got back to my spot, parked, shut it down, and it wouldn't restart. Showed no tach signal on the AEM Logger.

Now, this happens all the time when it won't start. No RPM signal being able to be read. I changed Ignitor, Coil Pack Sub Harness with a new Wiring Specialties one. since the old one had a janky kill switch wired in. The rest of the harness is Wiring Specialties as well.

Finally, I got it to start again yesterday. But this time it ran super rough (I'll upload a video soon). Almost like it was missing and not running on all 4.

I've checked my ground, added another, going to add another one from the battery straight to the starter post, but it just keeps cranking and cranking with no RPM Signal.

Leads me to think it has something to do with the CAS...

Any ideas, or anyone good with diagnosing have time to come by and give me a hand? I'll pay for your time and supply food and beer if needed!

HALP.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2018, 12:23 AM   #2
NY2NV Miner
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NY2NV Miner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had starting issues a while back and it was fuel wiring on the fuel pump was bad. Are you getting fuel?

Honestly sometimes you have to bite the bullet and take it to a shop. Find a good shop and drop it off. It's not what some like to do but they can better and diagnosing problems.

Good luck