Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2019, 11:23 PM   #91
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GS_Chris View Post
It’s got some decent amount of goodies.. mainly “stock” lol
1990 sileighty 156k miles
sr20 out of a 96 type X
Act ns1-xtss clutch
Nismo fork pivot
Nismo clutch slave
Braided clutch line
Nismo motor and trans mount

Tien type HE coilover
Battle version tension rod
Battle version ruca
Battle version rear toe link
S14 5 lug
Tanabe Sustec 30.4 mm front
Tanabe sustec 22.mm rear
Tein inner and outer tie rod
Doluck front ladder bar
Doluck rear cross bar
Doluck rear ladder bar
Cusco front and rear strut tower brace

5zigen forged FN01r 17x7.5 & x8
Yokohama ad08r 235/40, 255/35

Bride zeta 2 driver
S14 seat belts
Perforated Nardi
Worksbell rapfix quick release
Worksbell short hub
Nismo shift knob

OEM aero bumper
Brick headlights with projector retrofit
Circuit sport clean lens
Circuit sport clear corner painted amber
Authentic Bomex front lip, sideskirt, rear valence
Kouki tail lights purchased new from Nissan
Voltex type 5
Shine auto RX7 diffuser

Yah. Stock to say the least

Pics work for me.

Your car is too modified to be considered OEM+. Especially with that comically large wing.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2019, 02:57 AM   #92
BenRice
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love this thread! Great to finally find some terms to explain what I've been working towards for the past 3 years. Some great inspiration

(on the wife's laptop so only have IG links sorry: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzUgxILH85v/)

I'm also sitting in the "too many modifications". The car is kitted (albeit Vertex), RB25 swapped and has track oriented suspension (ex D1NZ comp car from early 2000's), and runs VSXX (again, albeit 17's).

However it's still metal fenders, had a closed door job, 2000 grit wet sand & polish and runs a more "sensible" ride height these days.

Is restomod a more suitable term then?
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:34 AM   #93
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrida133 View Post
Another shot of mine: 1995 Nissan 240sx, Nismo 270r front bumper, kouki sides and rear bumper. OEM euro glass headlights, stock fenders all the way around
Ehhhhhhh it seems like it would...post some pictures?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:38 AM   #94
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

burtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to burtonrida133
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Ehhhhhhh it seems like it would...post some pictures?
I am confused on your comment? You want me to post more photos?
Old 09-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #95
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
your pic doesn't show up
Old 09-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #96
samotage
BANNED

samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
I've always been a huge fan of OEM+. Never really been a fan of aftermarket kits as they don't do as well at complimenting factory lines.

This is my car and my partners car. My car came with all the factory type x kit so i was lucky i never had to search for any of the kit.
My girlfriends car on the other hand was bone stock. It took maybe a year or so to get it looking the way it is.

Two very sweet Melbourne s Chassis! Are these on melbs15?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #97
burtonrida133
Zilvia Member

burtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura aboutburtonrida133 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to burtonrida133
Did it work now?
Another shot of mine: 1995 Nissan 240sx, Nismo 270r front bumper, kouki sides and rear bumper. OEM euro glass headlights, stock fenders all the way around
Old 09-26-2019, 06:49 PM   #98
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^looks neat

Alot of front lights
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:02 PM   #99
Big_MO
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Big_MO is making a name for him/her selfBig_MO is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Big_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:11 AM   #100
samotage
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrida133 View Post
Did it work now?

Makes me want to Zenki my Kouki!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #101
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
I dig this. You runing spacers on those SE wheel?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by [240sx]; 09-27-2019 at 12:26 PM..
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:16 PM   #102
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
I dig this. You runing spacers on those SE wheel?
SAME. S-Chassis on their OEM wheels w/good tires & spaced out actually look super good.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:47 AM   #103
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Saw this tonight. Had a stick and an uncracked dash too.
spooled240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #104
dizzariot
Post Whore!

^^^ in SoCal? That's cool. When I was in San Diego there was a girl on base that had a manual LS1 (color, not motor) S14 that she said she got from her Dad. I tried to get his number to make an offer lol.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:51 PM   #105
samotage
BANNED

Quote:
SAME. S-Chassis on their OEM wheels w/good tires & spaced out actually look super good.

I got mine with those wheels, the same ones sold on the Nissan Maxima at the time. In those days, 1997 lols they looked so grandpa... as time marches on, these wheels do look really good, however they are skinny AF, and mine did me no favours with their big sideawalls flexing and loosing their grip when it was needed... Luckily in never ended up crashing my s14, but there were enough heart stopping moments on those rims!

Old 09-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #106
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
^^^ in SoCal? That's cool. When I was in San Diego there was a girl on base that had a manual LS1 (color, not motor) S14 that she said she got from her Dad. I tried to get his number to make an offer lol.
Yep, SD. What's the street value on something like this assuming it had a clean title, original paint and less than 125k miles? $15k? Lol
spooled240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #107
HustlinFlip

HustlinFlip is an unknown quantity at this point
I appreciate this thread! Picked up a completely stock (other than audio) ‘98 LE starfire that I plan to keep OEM+. Plan to lower her on coils and have a set of 350z anniversary wheels and a jdm wing that needs paint (along with both bumpers).

HustlinFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:44 PM   #108
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Yep, SD. What's the street value on something like this assuming it had a clean title, original paint and less than 125k miles? $15k? Lol
Shit I don't even know. I think koukis cap at like $11k...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinFlip View Post
I appreciate this thread! Picked up a completely stock (other than audio) ‘98 LE starfire that I plan to keep OEM+. Plan to lower her on coils and have a set of 350z anniversary wheels and a jdm wing that needs paint (along with both bumpers).
Nice pick up! That color is rad. How much did you pay for it?

I think I'm going to part out my two-tone and just enjoy it back on stock suspension and OEM teardrops.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #109
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
$14k is about the top of the S14 zenki market that I've seen.

Example: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...980197607.html

Dude has made a business out of nostalgia. Good for him.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #110
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post

Ehhh this is that whole 'what's it posted for vs. what's it gonna sell for' argument. There's a shop down in San Diego that was selling a white zenki like this for about the same price...three years ago. These are the kids you go to school with that think they're 'business-minded' when really they're just assholes.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:30 PM   #111
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Some people claim you got to know the right market. I dont know if they're refering to jackson berret or some shit, 'cause outside i have never seen expensive 240s go for the asking price. I priced my kouki on the low side (less than upgrades alone) and i still had a little trouble selling.
I agree with dizzariot, asking price is irrelevant in most cases.
Fwiw, and it fits in this thread, this car is local, and has been for sale for over a year. Dropped the price muktiple times already

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pt...971762554.html
Old 09-30-2019, 09:34 PM   #112
Toomuchboost12
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Toomuchboost12 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

Niceee . Looks like my car 10 years ago lol . Although That leather interior thoooo
Toomuchboost12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:15 PM   #113
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
my car hasn't changed much, so here's an old photo of it. I have 57s pros all around.

EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:59 AM   #114
Papajin

Papajin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I'd have to knock at least $12K off if that dude doesn't have the lighter... Why would I wanna pay a premium for a car missing parts like that?
Papajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:58 AM   #115
samotage
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuchboost12 View Post
Although That leather interior thoooo

Leather interior? Where? I’m in consideration for this magic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2019, 08:11 AM   #116
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Fwiw, and it fits in this thread, this car is local, and has been for sale for over a year. Dropped the price muktiple times already
https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pt...971762554.html
Good lord, that's nice. That'd go for $6k here in cali, maybe $8k for a factory 5spd.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:12 PM   #117
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Ehhh this is that whole 'what's it posted for vs. what's it gonna sell for' argument. There's a shop down in San Diego that was selling a white zenki like this for about the same price...three years ago. These are the kids you go to school with that think they're 'business-minded' when really they're just assholes.
I get it, but I also helped set the top of the Porsche market back in '14/15 so I've seen people pay outrageous prices for cars.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #118
slevin

slevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Did you pick that one up off craigslist about a month ago? Located down in OC somewhere?
slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #119
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by slevin View Post
Did you pick that one up off craigslist about a month ago? Located down in OC somewhere?

Yes he did.
This is the one.

tootall4la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:54 PM   #120
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I get it, but I also helped set the top of the Porsche market back in '14/15 so I've seen people pay outrageous prices for cars.
...yeah but in my opinion that's shitty. It's trickled into a ton of other models and I really hope it doesn't happen to us. I'd sell my car for what I truly believe it's worth: $7000. People will talk shit, but I'd be fine knowing that's what I'd pay for it if it wasn't already mine. That being said, I wouldn't ask $10k for it in the hopes of setting a price trend, because I'm not a colossal cunt. I cunt for sure, but like fun-sized.

The NSX is a good example. Had I known the price mark-ups would be this bad or unnecessary, I would've considered buying one when I first got here. The SAME cars I used to see for around $40k-$45k (lower KMs, no repair, MT) are now $60k-$65k...and for what? No one seems to care about the new NSX. It's Porsche assholes setting a bad example lol.