Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:52 PM   #1
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Platinum Racing Products Usa

This little adventure started back in October the 20th 2020. I am assembling a VVL high comp VVL motor and decided that I was going to convert to COP since the motor is set up with a distributor. Searched for R35 coil pack conversion and found PRP. Found a few video's on Youtube of the stuff they sell and ect. I ordered the kit with out the coil. It took about a week and half to get to me after I ordered it. I inspected everything that I got and it looked right until I tried to put the adapter plate on to the valve cover and it Didn't fit

I email them and send them a video of the problem and I am assuming only person is doing the sales emails for them. They tell me ohh somone sent the wrong bracket and we will need the old one back to get the replacement. I'm fine with that it's only fair, so I ask for a return label and this is where it starts to go down hill. After about a week with no response I email again and he tell me just mail it back? In my mind I'm thinking wtf and ask him again for the return label and a few days after that email I get one. I mail it off and track the package to see that it was Delivered on the 20th of Nov. So I wait and wait and get busy with life and work in Nov-Dec. Things slow down and I look in my email to see if I got any emails from PRP. Crickets in my inbox, so I shoot off a email and get a auto response message.

The message was to tell people that orders are been shipped out and it will take sometime. I reply to the auto email and let them know that I mailed back the bracket in Nov and the tracking shows it was delivered. I get no response and fire off another email a few days later and I get a smart ass reply that it has already shipped with the over tones of why are you bothering me. This is when I stop been Mr nice guy and tell him that I am not a psychic and can not predict the future if I get no communication from them since Nov to Jan. It's been a long while since I got this bad of customer service with no resolution in sight other than me just find a bracket on ebay or just buy the Tarkks COP kit and have spare parts to something that I can't use. I don't know if Platinum Racing Products Usa is the same as the on in Australia or not and if the Email goes back to Australia and they just have a place in VA where they ship supplies too. Only thing I can think of is thank god I didn't order the main/girdle brace from them like I was planning on doing. The pain of dropping that much cash and getting shitty customer service would have killed me.

****The Short version Paid for something and didn't get everything. Then I found out I was doing them a favor by purchasing product from them.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2021, 05:34 AM   #2
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
"PRPusa" is an authorized distributor/reseller of PRP products. PRP has reps in other parts of the globe as their distributors and so don't sell directly to customers outside of Australia (or within those represented markets). Jonathan is the guy who runs PRPusa. Sucks about your customer service experience, but it doesn't represent PRP out of Australia directly, but does via their US representative distributor.
Instagram: @SS.Maxey

Last edited by 2_Liter_Turbo; 01-20-2021 at 10:38 PM..
2_Liter_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
That is at least some good news.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 01-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #4
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Like 2 Liter said, PRP USA is an authorized distributor/reseller.

PRP Australia is way different in their approach and communication. I would reach out to them to get it squared away. The shop I work with deals directly with PRP Australia, at times with PRP USA as well if they have stock of the parts that are needed. Definitely get the girdle though, they are top notch and Herman from AUS is the man!
Old 01-08-2021, 08:14 PM   #5
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was asked to remove my original post.

Last edited by BigKriss; 07-06-2021 at 02:13 AM..
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:08 PM   #6
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
He recently relinquished all sales and social media control to focus on the business and quality of the company. I think it blew up and with COVID it got real hard. But hopefully people have a better experience, the stuff is well priced and ships quick. This stuff is on all the high HP Aus/NZ cars.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:05 AM   #7
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

I got the right adapter plate today in the mail. I thought I was going to have to buy the Tarrks kit but It got sent to me. The experience was not a pleasant one, If I try this again it wont be with the prpusa.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 01-21-2021, 03:52 AM   #8
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Like 2 Liter said, PRP USA is an authorized distributor/reseller.

PRP Australia is way different in their approach and communication. I would reach out to them to get it squared away. The shop I work with deals directly with PRP Australia, at times with PRP USA as well if they have stock of the parts that are needed. Definitely get the girdle though, they are top notch and Herman from AUS is the man!
The Pro crank trigger setup for RB is a massive improvement over the old school cas. Would recommend it any day ..!
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote