Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Central States

North Central States Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #31
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Mmmtaco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude this threads pretty dead lol. My cars still down too :/
Mmmtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #32
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
This guy checked in...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #33
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
http://mdudrift.com/events-round-2-m...roam-series-2/

Anyone else going to this at MAM tomorrow? I'll be there to spectate about 10 AM and probably take off about Noon.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #34
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSVTFlareside View Post
http://mdudrift.com/events-round-2-m...roam-series-2/

Anyone else going to this at MAM tomorrow? I'll be there to spectate about 10 AM and probably take off about Noon.
I was planning on going to check it out. Idk what time tho. What times it start at?
Old 05-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #35
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmtaco View Post
I was planning on going to check it out. Idk what time tho. What times it start at?
I think the first round starts at 10. I'll probably get there at 10 and take off around 1-ish.

The only downside is the $15 spectator entry fee

If you show up, I'm the guy with a white coupe and bare fiberglass front fenders
Old 05-17-2014, 07:11 AM   #36
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Damn that's pricey just to spectate. Were you around cornhusker rd on Thursday? I think I might of seen your car!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #37
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Um.... I think I went to Sonic for dinner Thursday night on Cornhusker Rd. Probably around 9:30 PM. If you saw the white 240 on the left of this pic, then you saw me. I live just down the road close to 75 and Capehart.

Here's a few more from today:

Old 05-18-2014, 06:16 AM   #38
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Lol I was going to Buffalo Wild Wings. Yeah that was probly you. Every time I spot a 240 I crash because I'm staring at it while driving. Looks like the even was pretty awesome
Old 05-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #39
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Cool. You must be from the same area.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #40
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Yeah I'm close by too a bit south from there. You have any plans for your car or what was up with it that you just got it running?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #41
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

I had a redtop in it. Sold it to a friend and purchased a LS1 about 4 years ago. LS1 just sat in the corner of the garage for 3 years. I never could put the money together to buy the rest of the conversion parts for it. So I traded it for this blacktop about a year ago. I've been slowly piecing it together since then. Re-buying SR20 parts that I used to have is a bummer.

Just put my HKS wastegate actuator on. My first guess was a little high and showed 15 psi on my boost gauge. In the process of lengthening the rod I lost the C-clip for the wastegate. I need to pick up a E-ring tonight or a tiny cotter key to make sure the arm doesn't fall off the wastegate.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #42
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Man that has got to suck not being able to do the ls swap. At least it's running again though. Haha you gotta hate those pesky little bolts and clips that some how always get lost! If you ever need any help working on it let me know.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #43
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Not too bad. I hated the thought of owning a GM V8. In a way I'm glad I went back to the SR20det. It's certainly got more character.

I'll let you know when I'm working on it again.

What do you drive so I can spot you in Bellevue?
Old 05-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #44
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Haha at least your not on the bandwagon. Looking at your scree name you should of tried a 5.0 swap. I'm always up for working on cars. My cars been down for a while! It's a 95 zenki. I'm going KA-T and assuming everything goes right all I need is a wideband, ems or ecu and misc small things here and there. It's been sitting for a year and a half now
Old 05-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #45
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Screen name came from an old vehicle that I had. It's long gone now though.

I have a lot of small parts laying around my garage. I don't have anything you mentioned though.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #46
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Oh man i love the Lightnings!!! I was looking for one earlier this year until i found out im gonna be a dad. Howd you go from a lightning to a 240?

Its all good hopefully ill have it running soon!! im tired of seeing the car and not being able to drive it.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #47
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

It wasn't quite a lightning. It was a 4.6L with a T56 6-speed from a cobra. DJM and Steeda suspension. It was a blast. Sadly totaled in the rain one day.

240sx isn't my only car, it's just my track toy.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #48
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Man that's still sweet especially considering it's a manual tranny not like the lightning. Did you do the swap on it?

Lol that's kinda my only car haha. We still have a daily but I still consider the 240 my only car.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #49
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

It was originally a 5-speed truck. The T56 bolts up nicely to the motor. Custom driveshaft and transmission crossmember. Exhaust cut off after the pre-cats, it was LOUD. Took it to a few track days at hallett. Pretty fun passing miatas in a truck. Lol

I've got a broken down M3, bronco, 240sx, and my wifes Kia Rio plus our motorcycles. We like toys
Old 05-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #50
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Man that's sounds like a badass truck!! If love something like that to haul things around or track it.

Lol you must have a big garage to fit all those cars hah. What else are you planning for the 240?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #51
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

It's just a 2 car garage but it's not too bad. It fits 2 cars and the 2 bikes comfortably. The bronco is currently for sale. Hoping to use the proceeds to help fund the M3 engine rebuild. Vehicle consolidation is a side effect and I lose my winter beater. Watch it snow 10 feet this year. haha

Long term plans for the 240sx are cage, racing seats, paint job, and probably a 2871R and supporting mods. Goal is 350-400 hp. For this year and probably most of next year the plan is to probably do nothing except do track days in it and it's currently on DD status until I get the M3 motor rebuilt.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #52
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

s13

Heres to winter Hows everyones cars? Anyone planning to drive them through winter with hopes of getting some awesome frame rail rust lol jk jk
Old 11-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #53
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Sold my 240sx

Bronco is for sale

Downsizing sucks.

My M3 is running now though That makes me happy. Hopefully this is the only winter I'll have to DD it.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #54
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

No way!! Sorry to hear you sold the 240! how come you sold it??

loll you think youd keep the bronco for winter instead of the M3 lets just hope we dont get alot of snow things dont look good though.

I finally got mine running only to the surprise of a geyser of coolant coming out of my open manifold!!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:11 AM   #55
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Sold the 240sx to pay off some credit cards and to buy a new motor for my M3.

Bronco is getting the axe because it's just another rusty Nebraska 4x4. Not too much special about it besides the 4" lift and 35" tires. It also gets lousy gas mileage. I'd like to eventually replace it with something less rusty and automatic(so the wife can drive it) next year.

The M3 is special however. Lots of performance parts on it that I would never recover the cost on if I sold the car. I also like it very much.

Sucks to hear about your coolant geyser.

I've got a couple tubs of 240sx, 300zx and SR20 parts that I'm about to get rid of on the cheap to free side. If you'd like a bunch of free stuff, lmk
Old 11-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #56
Mmmtaco
Leaky Injector

Man i guess it sucks but its nice to not have debt though. Did the 240 at least sell locally?

You should hoon the crap out of the bronco if it doesnt sell.

That pic of the M3 does look nice though, i bet its a blast to drive! Yeah lemme know what you have in a PM and ill see if i can use anything!
Old 11-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #57
YPlate32

YPlate32 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got to Omaha 1 Sept of this year...got my ride in from Japan last week...anyone doing anything?
YPlate32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #58
kamikazepaco

kamikazepaco is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got stationed out here also. anyone still on?
kamikazepaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:36 AM   #59
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
for past, present and future reference, if you come out to omaha or council bluffs check out odrift collective (https://www.facebook.com/Odriftcollective/) and scrapyard (@scrapeyard on twitter and insta, or Facebook here -https://www.facebook.com/scrapeyardomaha/). they host the local events, meets, ect. ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazepaco View Post
i just got stationed out here also. anyone still on?
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote