Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #1
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
PNW role call

I am not sure if this section has one, but I went as far back as 2013 threads and didn't see any, so I'm making a fresh one.

Lets see how many 240's are remaining in the PNW.

Redmond area right here.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Lake Stevens here.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

What's up man? Know of any good car meets?
Old 02-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #4
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
I'm too old for that. I'm from a different time.
The Golden Gardens and RootBeer XXX meets were good, now its turned into the NissanFest hoonibro circle jerks.

If you're looking for a weekly meetup, I've heard the Dick's Burgers in Edmonds on Friday nights are ok.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #5
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I hear you with being from a different time.

I'm NOT into the 'hoonigan', Stance, tucked, mad-camber, drift missile and what other madness these younglings are into.....lol

I was just wondering if you knew of a place where true car enthusiasts chill.

The Edmonds place was kind of cool because different cars would show up, but I thought it shut down after the grocery store closed down and the parking lot was blocked off.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #6
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

It's a Winco now. I was there a few weeks ago and it was packed. 8pm is a good time to show up.

As for the meets with the real OGs? I haven't a clue. Most of that shit is organized through social media. I don't have any online persona besides a few forums.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #7
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn man, you sound like me in another dimension because I don't even have facebook....lol

I haven't been there in months, but I might start going again seeing that the cold didn't stop people from showing up. I kind of respect that.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #8
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I miss golden gardens a lot.

Nissanfest isn't worth my time.

Everything pretty much died with NWN. We still have our weekly meet down in Oregon, but no one really has a 240 any more except for me.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #9
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Wud up griego?

I was trying to organize a B15 (sentra) cruise down to OR with some Canada peeps, but they couldn't make it and the idea died. But I would like to have something similar with the S14 peeps. We could possible meet some where in the middle at a park or something and jus chill.
One could dream right? lol

What ever happened to that site? It crashed HARD!!!

I have never been to GG and it seems as if I missed the good times.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #10
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Too old for meets with random kids. Weekends are consumed with autox now, anyway.

You'd get almost zero interest from people down here, I think.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #11
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I think I'll stop calling it a meet and try to organize a 'true enthusiast gathering'....lol

When I moved here, I was surprised that all of the good cars were hidden, but when I went to a few meets, I could see why because most of the people there can't hold an intelligent conversation. It's either that or all you hear is v-tec this or vvl that.

I'm typically the older one there and when I go with my Boosted Sentra, I yell out 'Torque is king' to piss off the v-tec fan boys and remind them the engine has more torque than their boosted B series, when it was STOCK....lol

Yes, I'm the 'Ole Grumpy Guy'.....lol
Old 02-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #12
e1_griego
Post Whore!

The old days of NWN meets trended more towards that. Like-minded folks tend to gravitate towards one another at those sorts of bigger gatherings.

That's basically long gone though, now.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #13
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Well I guess that's almost to be expected and you can see it on here sometimes in terms what is liked and what is not.

Honestly, I'm just trying to see how many enthusiasts there are on here and meet some of them like the 'good ole days'.
I see that the cali threads are always jumping with something happening and I'm wondering why the same can't be said for the North.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:28 AM   #14
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm in Bothell/Mill Creek area.

Friday / Saturday nights at Henry's Donuts in Mukilteo, people start showing up around 9-10pm, that's always an alternative to Dick's in Edmond's for the northern Seattle guys. I live about 10 minutes from there but don't really show up... Dark parking lot and rain isn't the best conditions for photography.

I try to let people know about events, but mostly through Instagram and Facebook where all the eyes are. I periodically check Zilvia because it's still a good resource people randomly find.

There's a dude that started the instagram @pnwcars - he strictly promotes local events in the PNW. I send him event info once in a while but he's spot on for keeping everyone informed.

The GF and I often go down to Alki Beach in Seattle on sunny weekends to do street photography, if we spot a nice car we'll snap photos. But either than that, we try to keep low key and avoid violating city/permit codes *cough coNWNugh*
Old 02-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #15
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Good to know that about the Henry's meet up.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:50 PM   #16
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Let us know when Henry's place is jumping and thanks for the instagram info.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:01 AM   #17
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

So us four?

Small crowd.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #18
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
So us four?

Small crowd.
Plus the lurkers that probably never frequent the regional sub-forums.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #19
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
Someday...maybe next year, 2017. Need to save money to move, rent u-haul to tow car, etc.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #20
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbr3ad View Post
Someday...maybe next year, 2017. Need to save money to move, rent u-haul to tow car, etc.
Cool. Have an idea which part of WA you might be moving to?
Old 02-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #21
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Plus the lurkers that probably never frequent the regional sub-forums.
True. Every now and again I see a few WA peeps in other threads.
I wonder why they avoid this section like the plague?

Last edited by SoundEfx; 03-08-2016 at 11:16 AM..
SoundEfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #22
e1_griego
Post Whore!

NWN used to exist, so there was almost no reason for this subforum.

It's always been dead.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #23
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I believe that it still exists, but it's a ghost town on that site. When I joined things were winding down and by the time I got my S14, it would have maybe 4 posts all day.

I used to enjoy following the builds on there though.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:35 AM   #24
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Well yes, it exists, just no one uses it.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #25
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I wonder why it died to hard?
Old 02-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #26
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Quote:
Cool. Have an idea which part of WA you might be moving to?
Most likely the Couve,Vantucky,Vancouver (whatever slang you want to call it). I initially wanted to move to the Mukilteo area, but my fiance's trying to transfer her license to work. However, it only applies to the state of Oregon. So Vancouver would make most sense for me without having to deal with Oregon's emissions testing.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #27
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn man, that's still a commute.

Stay strong and don't make her make you give up the 240....lol
Old 02-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #28
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Damn man, that's still a commute.

Stay strong and don't make her make you give up the 240....lol
There's no way I"m giving it up unless I can swap everything to a newish shell. I'll just find work in Vancouver. Seattle and surrounding areas are perfect for my industry of work, but not so much for hers and requires more training on her behalf if she's able to move.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #29
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

That's right pimp, fight the good fight....lol

I hear you. I know of one person living down there and on my few trips to Portland, I have been through there, but it freaks me out every time.

What's funny is that I'm probably closer to Vancouver BC than I am to Vancouver WA....lol
Old 03-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #30
KojiKP

Trader Rating: (3)
KojiKP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Arlington here
KojiKP is online now   Reply With Quote