Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 06-28-2023, 08:06 PM   #1
Dsmturbo

Trader Rating: (0)
Dsmturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No oil pressure

I have a Ka24de that I bought a car not running pulled the motor and re gasket the whole engine and started it up and sounds like a knock noise on start up then runs Normal 2 seconds later I have been driving it around for a few days. The knock noise has been getting to me lately and ended up pulling the pan again and checking rod bearing and they look brand new still. I have stock oil pressure sensor and no light and I ended up buying an aftermarket oil pressure guage and it reads about 4 psi at idle when warm and when I get on it gose to about 60 or more psi. The scary part is that I have done 5 drift events already before I installed the oil pressure guage and after I pulled the pan??? I do have a slight dented oil pan and yes the o ring on the front cover is there and new oil pick up gasket also should I change the pan and also the oil pump or should I just keep running because is dose have over 100 laps drifting
Dsmturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2023, 06:15 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you have to ask if you should change those things, the answer is yes.
If you choose not to, let us know when it lets go.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 07:33 PM   #3
Dsmturbo

Trader Rating: (0)
Dsmturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Were is everyone getting there oil pans I can’t find one?
Dsmturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 09:20 PM   #4
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmturbo View Post
Were is everyone getting there oil pans I can?t find one?
You're probably going to have to source a used pan since KA pans show discontinued in the Nissan system. The part number is 11110-53F00 if you want to try tracking one down though.

If it were me I'd replace the pump and pan since they're fairly cheap and let it eat. A light knock on startup can be a sign of a bad pump, but with pressures that low there's likely some other wear issues at play as well (or the gauge is reading wrong). If you replace the pump and the pressure is still low its probably time to start looking for a replacement longblock to have on hand for when the inevitable happens.

I would also grab a skidplate while your at it. Several companies make them for these cars and its cheap insurance that will hopefully save the hassle of having to replace the pan again in the future. Mine has saved my ass several times over the years.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote