Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-19-2005, 01:57 PM   #31
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorifto?!
who are you directing that to? just curious.

@ meatish. its cool, man i was just confused. anyhow thanks for the info. its good to get it from someone who is actually running the setup (or damn near) im going to have. it was annoying having people with the obligatory fno1 +20 all around telling me how my wheels are absolutly not going to fit without wide fenders or its gonna look hella mexi-flush and lame.

anway it might look slightly awkward with just my tien s-tech and tokico's, but once i get my bonus (another 3 weeks or so), and a nice fender roll/pull, im ordering coils... yay for slammed on 15's!
I think meatish was trying to tell ME that 50 series tires look stupid/retarded on the S13s because they make the entire wheel look small on the car, since I think I mentioned that only the 50 series sidewalled 205 tires are the smallest sidewall they make.

In either case, with my set up, which is Tanabe GF210 springs with KYB GR-2 shocks, the car was lowered 1.5" from stock height on 195/60/15 tires. I just recently put my 15x7 0 offset meshies on the rear of the car with 205/50/15, and the wheels look tiny in the back compared to the front.

However, 2 of my friends have 205/50/15 tires on their cars that are slammed on coilovers, and they look pretty damn cool. 205/55/15 might have looked better on those cars as well, but since 205 tires are square on 7" wheels, a 55 series sidewall might not provide the same level of performance as a 50 series sidewall would.

And what do you mean guys with 17x9 +20 telling you your wheels won't fit? I have those sitting in my storage right now, I didn't tell you your wheels won't fit
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2005, 06:18 PM   #32
meatish
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
meatish is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no, dan, that was when i test fitted them and i was like, 'i dont really want to bend my studs right now' so i took them off.. ill slug them out this christmas.
meatish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 07:45 PM   #33
Nan Desu Ka?!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Nan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nan Desu Ka?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways

And what do you mean guys with 17x9 +20 telling you your wheels won't fit? I have those sitting in my storage right now, I didn't tell you your wheels won't fit
I mean it's nice to see someone offering information on something he has experience with first hand. I was tired of people that had HELLA generic offsets that have never tried to fit anything more aggressive, tell me what they "knew" it would look like or how they "knew" it would fit. get my drift? (haha, pun not intended)

oh and thanks for the clerification, looks like im going to be running 205/55 in the front and probably 215/55 or 60 in the rear.

thanks for the input guys, i hope this thread will come up in a lucky newbies search... wait nevermind, newbies dont search. haha i keed i keed.

Norcal-240sx.net
Nan Desu Ka?! is offline   Reply With Quote