Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
denian_cellphone
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
denian_cellphone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Kony 2012 (watch this!)

I feel that everyone should watch this video.

KONY 2012 on Vimeo

denian_cellphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
pogstar
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pogstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
beat me to it, I just came here to post this!
pogstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Unbelievable. Shared.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
FUCK. I just put that in the off topic section, and i too dont know how to embed the video. Still, its 1 million times more important to share the video than it is to buy stuff like the kits and what not.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
That kit idea is so stupid. Why doesn't some hotshot celebrity, or the celebrities they supposedly already have supporting this cause just loan them all the money they need? Fuck, this unity thing, propaganda idea is so stupid.

Celebs have the money, let working Americans worry about making ends meet before they feel they should be donating to help the unfortunate.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What makes this Kony guy stand out from the hundreds of other crazed murderous leaders of guerrilla armies that are running around Africa?
Do they plan to make a video like this for every single one of them?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #7
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
What makes this Kony guy stand out from the hundreds of other crazed murderous leaders of guerrilla armies that are running around Africa?
A YouTube and Facebook propaganda campaign.
Quote:
Do they plan to make a video like this for every single one of them?
Only if it gives some random film student an A so he can put it on his résumé and grow up to fetch coffee for Michael Bay.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
What about impoverished people in South America?
And babies in China?
Genocide in Indonesia?
Global warming?

I feel I need some more time to shop around for a cause most deserving of my sympathy.

So far, Sarah McLachlan is clawing at my heart and wallet the hardest.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #9
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ this is nothing more than a flash in the pan movement. give it 2, 3 weeks tops and you wont hear about it again. i guess death tolls and numbers dont matter. to get a reaction out of america, you need a youtube video and a bracelet kit.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #10
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As it states in the Video. It will fade

Sent from my Pyramid-T using Tapatalk
tootall4la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #11
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i can't deal with all the hype and the dubstep.

hipsters just need something new to focus on now that the occupy movement is dead.

also, 4/20? SERIOUSLY. fucking dumb date asshole.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #12
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow some of the reactions to this video are a real bummer. Why is this not a good cause? Also, the kit is about awareness, not so much money. You can say hipster this dubstep that but the core issue here is what matters. No one should be getting away with child abduction on a large scale. They chose a target and are doing their best to take him down from another country. Sounds pretty awesome to me.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #13
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Grocery Cart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoremk2 View Post
Wow some of the reactions to this video are a real bummer. Why is this not a good cause? Also, the kit is about awareness, not so much money. You can say hipster this dubstep that but the core issue here is what matters. No one should be getting away with child abduction on a large scale. They chose a target and are doing their best to take him down from another country. Sounds pretty awesome to me.
Because Invisible Children are misinforming people. Watching this is like watching your local news station..4 years ago. This has been going on for many years, the only reason it's getting big now is because of all the hype on the videos. More than likely, that money is going straight into their pockets. Besides, Kony is basically on his last leg. He was run out of Uganda, struggling for food, he's basically on his death bed.

But in the end I agree it's something people should be aware about. In fact it should have been known years ago. The cause is great, the execution.. not so much.
Grocery Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope I'm not starting a war here but what exactly are they misinforming me of? Also credible sources of your information? I'm not on either side but if you're saying this film is bs I'd like to know why.
nomoremk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #15
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Three years ago they showed us a film at this church thing I went to from the same guys, and it was basically the exact same. I'm actually at school right now, so I couldn't show you anything I've read :P

I'm not saying the film is bs by any means. I think it's great what they're doing, and without them I think 90% of people wouldn't know about this. It's just that they're in a way living in the past. They're talking about how it was, and not how it is today.

And no war here, each is titled to their own opinion
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
stunnaben
Zilvia Addict

stunnaben is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS562 View Post
^ this is nothing more than a flash in the pan movement. give it 2, 3 weeks tops and you wont hear about it again. i guess death tolls and numbers dont matter. to get a reaction out of america, you need a youtube video and a bracelet kit.
Where is the damn like button when you need one. America doesn't want to help if it actually requires them to do something.

Think about this, look at all the crime in Detroit, we won't even do anything about abolishing that. Honestly we need to enforce Martial Law and take back that city.

One thing I've never, ever understood is the whole gang thing. Why the hell do people think they have to run around and cause so damn much mischief?
stunnaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
free will? Greed? GET MONEY FCUK B!TCHES!

this is just the new thing...will fade soon...so much wrong going on...blinders help americans focus...
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #18
stunnaben
Zilvia Addict

stunnaben is an unknown quantity at this point
Seal Team 6

/Joseph Kony
stunnaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #19
Arireese
BANNED

Arireese is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
i can't deal with all the hype and the dubstep.

hipsters just need something new to focus on now that the occupy movement is dead.

also, 4/20? SERIOUSLY. fucking dumb date asshole.
all of this..

all of it
!!!
Arireese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
denian_cellphone
Zilvia Junkie

denian_cellphone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
FUCK. I just put that in the off topic section, and i too dont know how to embed the video. Still, its 1 million times more important to share the video than it is to buy stuff like the kits and what not.
FORREALS -_- i been trying to figure out how to embed the video as well. I edited this post like 325982395 times trying to figure it out ahah

As for the movement, all I'm going to do is share this video and that's most likely it. HOW did I not notice the "4/20" date. -__- It's funny because I might actually do the poster thing but probably because on that night, i might find it really really really fun...
denian_cellphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
free will? Greed? GET MONEY FCUK B!TCHES!

this is just the new thing...will fade soon...so much wrong going on...blinders help americans focus...

Basically this
/thread
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunnaben View Post
Seal Team 6

/Joseph Kony
Doubt he's worth their price tag to the gov't
Old 03-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
im sure some contractors are interested in the job. i wonder what the rate is on Kony, if anything.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #24
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I wonder if Kony knows how badass he is, got people in the big power USA knowing his name and buying his memorabilia. Probably living the dream like Scarface, Awesome!!

It is a good cause but I just don't agree with it.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #25
Matej
Post Whore!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #26
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
im not donating to any money to an organization that pays their film maker over 80k (on paper)

This charitable organization, if you can call it that, has such a high administration cost. proving that all your money isnt going towards a cause. Its almost as bad as the world vision workers repping new Land Rovers over seas.

Long and short is if you want to help out. go to your local salvation army, soup kitchen, food bank or whatever and volunteer.

by buying these "kits" you're just making someone rich.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #27
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Definetly going to be donating to such a company like invisibubble children..

This URL has alot of info about invisible children and what they are spending there donated money on..

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #28
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
What a bunch of bull... Seriously, if you care so much about another countries problem why aren't you helping our own neighbors like Mexico with the drug war?

We need to let other countries defend and deal with their own politics.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #29
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
picture
Holyshit, that is bangerang.
terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #30
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Has anyone informed these gullible dipshits that Mr. Kony has been in hiding and done jack shit since 2006? The video is old. Circa 2008.

Yes, theres still shit happening in Africa, as is there is shit happening here that the majority of you ignorant fucks do not have a clue about.

It is propaganda bullshit to get one thing....MONEY. Holy hell....crazy.