Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Aaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA Unorthodox Racing Accessory Pulleys for the KA

I have been talking about this in the chat forum for a week now, so here is the group buy. For those who don't already know, Unorthodox Racing used to make a complete "Ultra SS" underdrive pulley set for the KA24DE. Production of this set is discontinued, with the exception of the crankshaft pulley that is still sold seperately. The full sets have become fairly sought after parts, and are just about impossible to get. This might be the only chance you ever get to own a new set of accessory pulleys.

Pulley Information:

This group buy is for the three accessory pulleys. The crank shaft pulley is not included. According to UR, these pulleys are for the KA24DE and not the KA24E. Also, it is very important to note that because of the way this set is designed, these accessory pulleys are stock size and lightened. All of the underdriving is actually done at the crank pulley, so this is a great option for those who want only lightened pulleys or who are concerned about harmonic balancing issues with the crankshaft pulleys.

The full set, including crank pulley, was tested in an Import Tuner article and yielded 12whp and 6tq as shown in the dyno graph below.

Another picture of the full set from the same article:

An installed picture of the full set submitted by Zilvia member Super240sx7185:

The finish on these pulleys is polished aluminum. Other colors are not available, as they would cause unnecessary complication and cost. You can anodize them yourself, or send them out to have the work done for you. My personal set will eventually be anodized purple.

Group Buy Information:

The final pricing on this group buy for the Unorthodox Racing accessory pulleys is set at $245, which includes shipping to the continental US. PM me if you need these shipped elsewhere and we will work out something. The increase from projected pricing is due to factors I did not expect or initially figure in accurately. These costs include the following: hosting this group buy on Zilvia, repackaging the pulleys for shipment to indivuals after I receive the bulk shipment from UR, and the Paypal fees that I will accrue when I take payments.

Stage 1: Hitting the Minimum

This part of the group buy begins now and will last until May 11. Unorthodox Racing will produce a minimum of 40 sets, so if we do not reach that number by May 4, the deal is off.

Stage 2: Collection of Payment

This part of the group buy will be begin May 19. Assuming we reach the 40 person minimum, you will have one week to send in your money. I will post my Paypal information at that point. The deadline to send in your money is May 27.

Stage 3: Production and Shipping

UR will be squeezing the production of this pulley set into their already full production schedule, so the sets will take 4-5 weeks to produce. I will do my very best to have this product in your mailbox in six weeks.

How to participate:

If you wish to participate in the group buy, first, make sure you've read up on how a group buy works. This is the standard type group buy.

Next, take note of the deadlines, and make sure you can meet them. If you sign up, it is your responsibility to make sure you have cash in hand by May 5 to send in for the group buy.

If you've got all your ducks in a row, please add your name to the list by replying to this thread with "I'm in," and include your full name.

I hope this thread answers all of your questions. Feel free to ask if you need any other information.

Forum Moderators, I have already paid the group buy fee, so let me know if you need further information about that before you delete this thread. I spent alot of time getting this written up right. Thanks!

Group Buy Participants:

1. AaronSX (Aaron Anderson)
2. Apex (Johnny Valle)(Zilvia)
3. My S14 (Josh Loiselle)(Zilvia)
4. Ahboy 401 (chomreun sun)?(Zilvia)
5. G3Bio (KA-T.org)
6. Poziden (Alan Soe)(Zilvia)
7. RedEvil RPS13 (Zilvia)
8. Celica3SGTE94 (Nicoclub)
9. 95Blue240sx (Zilvia)
10. Glitched (Shawn Anderson)(Nicoclub)
11. Andrew 28 (Andrew Turba)(Nicoclub)
12. HKSDrifter (George Lysenko)(Zilvia)
13. D1GP (Zilvia)
14. Spike 240 (Justin Green)(Nicoclub)
15. Hustlervibes (Mark Alvarez)(Zilvia)
16. S14Nismo21 (KA-T.org)
17. S14_Legend (Zilvia)
18. Ballboygordon (Aaron P.)(Houston240sx)
19. kylerobertson (Kyle Robertson) (Nicoclub)
20. dwada (Zilvia)
21. ae13bravo (Alex Esquivel)(Zilvia)
22. 98Koukile (Zilvia)
23. NY240 Rican (Ray Roman)(Zilvia)
24. Ajax (David Schneider) (Nicoclub)
25. 1sikS13 (NicoClub)
26. DreamN (Zilvia)
27. DrivenS13 (Zilvia)
28. G3Bio+1 (KA-T.org)

Fielded questions so far:

Q: Can I get this in pretty colors?
A: No, see above.

Q: Will this work on the KA24E
A: Unorthodox Racing says that this application is specifically for the KA24DE.

Q: Can I get a crank pulley with it?
A: No, but I'm sure one of the forum sponsors can set you up with one at a good price.

Q: What type of sales credibility and reputation do you have?
A: This is the first group buy I've hosted, so honestly, not much from a seller standpoint. You can look up my ebay tag if you like. It's 3wheelhouston.

Q: What's your name?
A: Aaron Anderson

Q: What phone number can people contact you at?
A: Cell# 832-741-0497 Feel free to txt or call and chat if it will ease your worries.

Q: What other forums are you on?
A: Here is a list of forums I am a member of and regularly visit. My user tag will be either
AaronSX or AaronSpecV. It's FormerEdge4.0 on Ranger Power Sports.

Houston-Imports.com
Texasnissans.com
teamthirdcoast.org
houston240sx.com
houstonperformancedriving.com
nicoclub.com
ka-t.org
rangerpowersports.com

Those are the ones I currently visit daily. I can list more, but I'm not as active.

Thanks for the questions, all. I probably should have posted some personal information in the
initial post. I tried to cover everything, but I missed this and I apologize. I've participated in
several group buys myself as a buyer, so I understand your concerns.

From a buyer's standpoint, group buys and internet shopping in general are both huge trust
issues done largely on good faith. For example, I just sent someone I don't know that lives
on the other side of the country over $500 for a turbo I've never seen except for pictures.
I'm still praying that it shows up on my doorstep in condition as advertized on the forums.

But with that said, I will provide you and anyone else with any reasonable personal
information you require to make you feel as comfortable as possible with the situation. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by Aaronsx; 05-26-2008 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: Added a participant
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
my S14
Leaky Injector

my S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to my S14
im in - Josh Loiselle (my s14)

:hammer:
Old 04-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Aaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really nice
You guys help me spread the word about this!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
ahboy401
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
ahboy401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ahboy401 Send a message via MSN to ahboy401 Send a message via Yahoo to ahboy401
im down! - chomreun sun (hatch)

are you going to add up people who wants in from other forums later?
Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahboy401 View Post

are you going to add up people who wants in from other forums later?
No. I've just forwarded people from other forums links to this thread. Is there a forum in particular where you think I should post the information?

I can't do it on nicoclub.

Also, forgive me, but I'm confused by your post here:

Quote:
chomreun sun (hatch)
The first part is your name, I think, but what's with the "(hatch)" part?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
GTS
Leaky Injector

GTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura about
I'm interested.

GTS - Sam T.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Added to the list. We're getting there, slowly.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #8
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

I'm inquiring with other site admins (freshalloy, 240sxforums, etc.) to see if I can get permission to post this there. Any other suggestions?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
my S14
Leaky Injector

my S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to my S14
forums.240sxone.com

its a local new england forum theyre pretty cool they might let ya

:hammer:
Old 04-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #10
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

What's your SN there, so I can at least say you referred me?

EDIT: Just got permission to post this on Nicoclub. w00t!

Last edited by Aaronsx; 04-23-2008 at 01:20 PM..
Old 04-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
poziden
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
poziden is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i'm in. alan soe

edit: try ka-t.org since this is for the ka
Old 04-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
add me to the list.

also, hit the new england forums, 240sxone.com
Old 04-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #13
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Red Evil, can I get your full name? I'm trying to get permission to post the gb on 240sxone and on ka-t right now. I just posted a thread on 240sxone asking for permission, so if you guys want to help it get some attention from the admins, that would be great.

Last edited by Aaronsx; 04-23-2008 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #14
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
pmed you.

msglngth
Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #15
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well it looks like 40 sets is going to be impossible, hell people have a damn hard time getting 10 240 owners to do something
Old 04-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #16
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Chill man. This group buy has only been going for two days. It's open for two weeks to try to meet the minimum, and I'm hoping to add at least three more forums to this. I just added Nicoclub today. If we keep adding people at the current rate, we will hit the goal. Are you interested, or did you just come in here to moan?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #17
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

**EDIT** Just added KA-T.org to the group buy. Woohoo!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #18
95Blue240sx
Post Whore!

95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection
Im in. just let me know when you need the moola

Please leave me feedback
Old 04-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #19
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Can I get your name please?

Also, on another forum, it was brought up that if we get close to 40, but not all the way there, the remaining sets could be sold on ebay easily.

If an individual or one of the forum sponsors wants to buy several sets for resale, I have no problem with that. These pulleys may never be available again, so I'm quite sure they could be sold for a profit.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #20
glitched
Leaky Injector

glitched is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to glitched
Is it possible to get this group buy on the main page with the advertisers specials?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #21
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Sure would be nice. If there's an admin or a moderator reading this, would you care to chime in on that?
Old 04-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #22
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
Would have been nice to know this a week ago when I called UR.

They told me there was absolutely no plans for the accessory pulleys.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #23
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

There aren't. Unorthodox Racing has no plans to start stocking these pulleys again, so the only way to get them is to buy a whole production run. That is the purpose of this group buy. They have already agreed to do a smaller than normal run to help us out, so why don't you get in on this group buy? It might be your only chance.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #24
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
money was spent.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:34 PM   #25
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
money was spent.
I'm sorry to hear that. No more $$$ in a few weeks?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #26
HKSdrift3r
Zilvia Junkie

HKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura about
Im in as well. George Lysenko.

You should also try importfanatix.com and tristatetuners.com. They are some local forums that have many 240sx owners. Give it a shot!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #27
D1GP
Zilvia Junkie

D1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the rough
i'm down for a set.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #28
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

What's your name D1GP?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #29
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
I'm in. Mark Alvarez

I hope we can get enough people in on this. I've been wanting a set of these for a while now.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #30
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Yeah. There are alot of people who have. We just have to make sure they know that there's a way to get them.
Closed Thread