Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #61
drivens13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
drivens13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would like to get in on this ,so i hope we can work out something with another distributor
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #62
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
So who can actually get this magical crank pulley that losens weight and increases HP (as its indicated its the crank pulley that does the magic these are just additional items).
Old 05-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #63
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
the UR crank pulley is still in production afaik and you should be able to order it from any of their distributors or shops who sells things. it retails around $220+ or so for the crank pulley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #64
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivens13 View Post
I would like to get in on this ,so i hope we can work out something with another distributor
That's not going to make a difference.

IMHO the underdrive part of the equation isn't worth much...it's the actual lightening that makes the biggest difference. If these companies would just offer a lightened stock drive set I am sure the HP between that and underdrives would be rather insignificant.

The nice thing about these pulleys is on the KA which is not a great balanced engine is you can keep your stock pulley with dampener and pick up some HP savings all the while running your accessories properly.

I have spoke to a few people that have actively tracked and told me they had front main seal problems with their KA's (some said with SR's they ran they never had the same problems) and non-harmonic dampened crank pulleys. Once they switched back they were fine. Some of these guys sell the pulleys yet still told me they would not recommend them unless I wanted to expect seal changes and with that accept there is probably other damage being done. So far no one has blown up an engine AFAIK, replacing the front main seal is not difficult, but not how I want to spend a weekend keeping my driveway clean .

These pulleys I don't see anyone else duplicating esp at only $250 (about $60 per pulley). IMHO this is a great deal and one that's going away.

I wish I could get in on this...just a really bad time for me esp now I am looking at a new A/C compressor for my wife's car. The past 4 months have been a nightmare.

I really hope this gets pulled off as it's one of the few mods you can truly feel on the butt dyno and at the same time brings a pretty upgraded look to your engine bay.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #65
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
the UR crank pulley is still in production afaik and you should be able to order it from any of their distributors or shops who sells things. it retails around $220+ or so for the crank pulley.
It's $208 direct, Summit Racing was great on these at right around $200.

There is a rumor that they have discontinued the crank pulley and after current stock is gone, it too is out.

I spoke with UR directly last month and they did not mention this, but it's being posted on NICO.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:24 AM   #66
95Blue240sx
Post Whore!

95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection95Blue240sx is close to perfection
If you cant get a UR crank pulley just get the ASP one. Thats what I have on my car and its been great.

Please leave me feedback
Old 05-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #67
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Aaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really nice
Alright guys, GREAT NEWS! UR has agreed to drop the minimum to 30 sets and keep the price the same. We need five more people in on this and a little luck. Let's keep this going!

P.S. I just updated. We're at 27 people.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #68
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
definitely great news....good job at putting this together for all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronsx View Post
Alright guys, GREAT NEWS! UR has agreed to drop the minimum to 30 sets and keep the price the same. We need five more people in on this and a little luck. Let's keep this going!

P.S. I just updated. We're at 27 people.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #69
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
c'mon more ppl jump on this!

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #70
poziden
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
poziden is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this tickles my willy...
Old 05-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #71
my S14
Leaky Injector

my S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to my S14
just a couple more guys

:hammer:
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #72
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Aaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really niceAaronsx is just really nice
I'm glad you guys are staying pumped about this. I was afraid that some would drop off if we had to extend the deadline. Thanks for the motivation.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #73
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by poziden View Post
this tickles my willy...
rotflmao :ghey:
Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #74
GTS
Leaky Injector

GTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura aboutGTS has a spectacular aura about
Please remove my name from the list. I've come across some unforeseen issues that I have to deal with first before committing to this.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #75
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Okay. Let us know if anything changes.

I appreciate you coming out and telling us now instead of just not sending your money when it comes time for that. Good on you.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #76
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Post this on 240sxforums.com, freshalloy, ka-t.org, and even altima forums. it'll definitely get the numbers up.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 05-15-2008, 02:00 AM   #77
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Post this on 240sxforums.com, freshalloy, ka-t.org, and even altima forums. it'll definitely get the numbers up.
240sx forums and Freshalloy won't allow me to post. The owner of fresh Alloy is who I will be going to if we can't get them from UR in the end.

It's on KA-T.org already. Poor participation there.

I think the pulleys are different for the altimas. Not 100% sure, but I don't want anyone pissed if they don't fit.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:34 AM   #78
DreamN
Post Whore!

why won't 240sxforums.com let you post? Are you a new member? I can post this info for you with no issue if you'd like. I am the REP God on there after all

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 05-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #79
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

s14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfections14_legend is close to perfection
Im Itching To Install Already Lol
Old 05-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #80
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
why won't 240sxforums.com let you post? Are you a new member? I can post this info for you with no issue if you'd like. I am the REP God on there after all
Because I'm not a site sponsor. I've already contacted the admins, and they told me no. I've already started working on our other source for pulleys in case this falls through. Be patient, and I'll make this happen. Because source number 2 won't be from UR, I'm sure we'll get better prices.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #81
my S14
Leaky Injector

my S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to my S14
is there anyone who is buying two that would bring us up to thirty set,

thats how many we need unless im mistaken

:hammer:
Old 05-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #82
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Alright guys, that's 29. I hope someone else jumps on board, but I'll buy the last set if I have to. I just don't want to drag this out any longer.

My email address for paypal is [email protected]. Please send your payments in ASAP. I'll change the deadlines now. Until I actually order the pulleys, this group buy will remain open. Please contact me via text message, phone, or email for the latest information. Thank you.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #83
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Alright, I've set the deadline at May 27. Please do your best to have your money sent by that time so we can get the order moving!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #84
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My job is withholding my checks because I didn't pick them up last week so hopefully I get them in time. Damn bills all come in the middle of the month now
Old 05-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #85
s14_legend
Zilvia FREAK!

thats good the ball is moving now.... i want to install now lol
Old 05-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #86
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Awaiting payments...

Someone else just backed out. Crap. I hope someone else jumps in.

Please note that I will await the correct number of payments to be sent via paypal before I accept them into my paypal account. That way if enough people aren't on board, the money will never actually change hands.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #87
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronsx View Post
Awaiting payments...

Someone else just backed out. Crap. I hope someone else jumps in.

Please note that I will await the correct number of payments to be sent via paypal before I accept them into my paypal account. That way if enough people aren't on board, the money will never actually change hands.
Hopefully people were serious...this usually happens in groupbuys though.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #88
DreamN
Post Whore!

How many have paid so far?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #89
ae13bravo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to allae13bravo is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ae13bravo Send a message via MSN to ae13bravo
So whats going on with these?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #90
Aaronsx
Leaky Injector

Waiting for payments! Please send yours ASAP. I've gotten several already, and more PM's asking for my paypal address. It's [email protected] for those who missed it. So far so good.

Also, another guy jumped in so it looks like we're gonna be okay with that other drop out. Woohoo!

This group buy is still open! Let me know if you're not on the list and you wanna get in, because once I put in the order, it's not going to happen again!
Closed Thread