Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 07:02 PM   #61
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much total to ship to Nashville, TN?

Also, are there options as far as getting a different front end on there?

And I do recall in a previous post, can we choose between headlight designs?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2003, 08:31 PM   #62
Bar_none

Bar_none is an unknown quantity at this point
How often do front conversion GB's happen????

I definately want this front end (eventually), but I only have 1K right now, and THAT's saved up for the S13 I don't even have yet.

decisions...
Old 05-15-2003, 01:29 PM   #63
1fasts13
Zilvia Member

1fasts13 is an unknown quantity at this point
just so everyone knows, this will probably be the ONLY TIME i will run this sort of GB. i will try to make it available for all the front ends i have coming in. after this batch, i dont expect to be doing it again. normal price on these is going to be at least 1k, it may go up because we might have to start sourcing out new fenders.

thanks
Old 05-17-2003, 09:45 PM   #64
d0wN5h1Ft
BANNED

d0wN5h1Ft is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to d0wN5h1Ft Send a message via Yahoo to d0wN5h1Ft
hey man. im hella interested but i only have 500 and would need some time to get the other 500. do you think you would be offereing this arround the 18th of june. because tahts my next paycheck.!!
Old 05-22-2003, 02:03 PM   #65
BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid is an unknown quantity at this point
@1fasts13: would apreciate updates on the GB, it's now 23days late and there's 7 days left before the end of may... don't want to wait another month...
i did send you an e-mail (again...) and still no reply
Old 05-22-2003, 10:48 PM   #66
NISMOrps13TURBO
Leaky Injector

NISMOrps13TURBO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NISMOrps13TURBO
s13

yo are you still doing this buy one the conversion?
Old 05-22-2003, 10:50 PM   #67
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

gschroeder78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gschroeder78
It should still be going but we do definietly need an update.
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO
Old 05-23-2003, 12:07 AM   #68
BillyTheKid

i hope it's still going, he requested us to pay half of the 885$ at time of joining the GB... i gave 'em 450$... for me and few of us, it means about 650$can
Old 05-23-2003, 02:44 AM   #69
BillyTheKid

here's their reply:
"hi there, sorry i havent responded, its because i'm still working to find out why this container hasnt left yet; i know that some of the inspections of stuff leaving from asia is intensified because of SARS, but i didnt know it is this serious.....and sometimes its kind of hard to communicate with them on this.

anyways i just got off the phone (and its 245am here) and they still dont have a time frame from customs for clearance to leave so i guess we are still playing a waiting game.....once it leaves japan its only a 12 day transit so its not that bad, its just this and then if customs in US holds it up, that's where all the delays have been.

sorry to keep you waiting but as you can see it is not in my control =("
Old 05-23-2003, 08:31 AM   #70
DJILLERJEK

DJILLERJEK is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DJILLERJEK
s13

Is ir just a s13 front end or is it a front clip?
Old 05-23-2003, 08:39 AM   #71
uuninja
Zilvia Addict

uuninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to uuninja Send a message via Yahoo to uuninja
Quote:
Originally posted by DJILLERJEK
Is ir just a s13 front end or is it a front clip?
You didn't even read the first post, did you?
  • 97 KA24DE+T SOLD
Old 05-25-2003, 09:44 AM   #72
phil0729
Leaky Injector

phil0729 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey well should i still trust this person??
i have already paid like 750 for the front end??
and i have email them to find out the news about the conversion but never got return yet so

what should i do?
Old 05-25-2003, 02:04 PM   #73
BillyTheKid

well, i've posted the updates they sent to me... i do still trust them but the delays are kinda exagerated..
Old 05-27-2003, 06:46 PM   #74
phil0729
Leaky Injector

s13

Hey anyway guys i talked to Leo today and he say he too sick over the weekend so he will let us know the news about the front end soon
Old 06-04-2003, 01:02 AM   #75
1fasts13
Zilvia Member

damn this server!! this is like the 10th time i've tried to post this update!!! :hammer:

well anyways the shipemnt will arrive and be ready to ship by around the 3rd week of june. i have JUST ENOUGH from this shipment to cover everyone that is in the buy as of today (June 4th). i do have another shipment arriving with more front ends 1-2 weeks later.

buy will be open until monday june 16th. after that i will close the buy and lock this thread.

again thanks to everyone for their patience!!
Old 07-05-2003, 01:20 AM   #76
phil0729
Leaky Injector

so who is in this group buy????

and have already pay the full amount
Old 07-07-2003, 07:27 AM   #77
jamik_69
Leaky Injector

jamik_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to jamik_69 Send a message via AIM to jamik_69
a reply would be nice should i just assume you just took my money and ran or what. i am very un-happy with this whole thing so far
Old 07-10-2003, 05:06 AM   #78
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

I backed out of the buy due to car problems but have to say I am/was very unhappy with this as well. It's taken twice as long if not longer than originaly planned, received hardly any updates and I still wasn't able to get all of my money back.

Garrett
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO

Last edited by gschroeder78; 07-10-2003 at 05:08 AM..
Old 07-10-2003, 11:09 PM   #79
homeeninja

homeeninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to homeeninja
how long...?

hey i really interested in this group buy I live in chattanooga, TN. and how much will the shipping be to me and do u know if the front end is 2 tone or not its not like i care b/c its the S13 front
oh well let me know THX!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:59 PM   #80
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

Because they keep 25% of the deposit for a restocking fee. and actually they kept more than that since 25% of 445 is only 111.25 I guess thats what I get for doing them a favor and paying the deposit on April 6th and not waiting until now (3 months later). At least I would have known my car would be gone if I had waited. Oh well, business is business, even if it's bad business.
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO
Old 07-11-2003, 01:58 AM   #81
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

I hadn't heard anything about the shipment coming in but I can't speak for anyone but me. This is nothing compared to old Lostprojects and we all know how that did or more like didn't turn out. This is just bad business so I thought I should let it be known. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO
Old 07-11-2003, 05:44 PM   #82
1fasts13
Zilvia Member

hmmmm.....

well i found out about this spat when james gave me a call and told me about it. anyways, i'd at least like to recap what happened:

first off, yes this has dragged on far longer than i wanted to also. i will take blame for that because there has been some miscommunication between us and them. there were some other factors that led to the delays, such as having them finding me that many front ends at once (originally they said it would be no problem then it just dragged and dragged) but i'm not really gonna go into it because its really irrelevant. bottom line is the shipment is late, and i take blame for it. end of that.

second, the shipment did arrive into LA on the last week of june and conincedentally that was the same week i was moving into the new shop so that week i was unable to update or inform anyone of any new info. and besides the shipment was not ready to go out yet because my freight forwarders were moving to a new warehouse also so all the containers were held at the dock while our moves were completing. so in essence IF either one of us were not moving they would have been shipping out that week.

third, once i finally got settled to the new place and got my internet back up i started contacting everyone in the GB about the situation and final payments. no i didnt update this thread because i felt it would be better that i talk to each person individually. during that time was when i finally found out garrett had to pull out of the buy. there was another person back in april or may that pulled out but i did give him the full refund because at that time the full order of my conversions was not completed yet. so that was no problem with full refund. but in garrett's case: 1) the clips were already ready to ship out when i was notified of the cancellation, 2) there was a set number that i ordered/imported in to fill the GB and to have some in stock and by him cancelling i am adding more stock than i wanted. i would think alot of places under this circumstance would say no you are not allowed to cancel because its here already; and in my policy its clearly stated that special order (which is what this is) is non-refundable/no cancellations. but since i was responsible for the late shipment i was willing to look past that. and since i have to take in more stock than what is originally plan for, of course there is going to be a restocking fee involved. how i calculated the fee, it was based on 25% of the ORIGINAL purcahse price of $885 which would be 220+ but i told him that i would knock it down to $150. i guess i could have told him we can try to find him a person to replace him in the buy, but he said he needed the money ASAP so i didnt really consider that an option. all he said in his PM to me was something along the lines of "something happened to my car and i cant use the conversion anymore"; to me it seemed like he was just backing out of the buy even when the conversions are here. if he had explained his situation more than maybe i would have tried to work out something better for him but when i told him of what i was going to do his email reply to me was:

Quote:
Hey leo,

Thats cool, I guess I understand it's a business.I just can't use the conversion anymore. I guess just send back the $295. Sorry for canceling.

Thanks,
Garrett
so i assumed that was the end of it.

garrett, i wished that you could have told me your situation more clearly or you could have bring this up to me by email instead of airing this out but i guess sh!t happens.....and like i said because of the fact i have to take in more stock there has to be some restocking fee involved.

i emphasize for your situation, but you have to see it from my business point of view; if there was no restocking involved then anyone will just place a special order and cancel on the whim, and what do i end up with, dead stock? you cant run a business like that, if i did i'd be out of business in no time!!

and lets again emphasize that a good majority of places out there wont even let you cancel your order, so what are you left with?

if you still feel unhappy with the situation, i'd be willing to do what james suggested, possibly trying to find a replacement person for you in the GB, that way i can move this extra stock that i didnt want in the first place and you can have all your money back. and as you can see there are still people interested in getting a conversion so now that its here in stock it should be much easier to unload your spot at the GB price.

there was alot more solutions to this than to air it out on the internet before you even discussed anything about it with me and i am kinda disappointed in the comments, but i am still willing to do whatever i can to make this right.

-leo
Old 07-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #83
jamik_69
Leaky Injector

jamik_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to jamik_69 Send a message via AIM to jamik_69
sorry leo that was just a bad day for me. but im deffently still in the g/b i'll send the money asap thanks
Old 07-11-2003, 08:40 PM   #84
pinoydrifter
Zilvia Member

pinoydrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
still available

Can I still jump in? Let me know... I have the cash!

ps - I know someone backed out so can I take his place? Thanks- cheers
Old 07-11-2003, 10:46 PM   #85
1fasts13
Zilvia Member

yes you can jump in on the buy at the GB price, please give me a call on monday to confirm you want to take garrett's spot.

wow look at that, if he doesnt flake then i will be able to refund your money on monday. now i hope you can learn from this that we dont have to bash someone online to get things done, this could have been handled without all this "drama"
Old 07-11-2003, 10:49 PM   #86
gschroeder78
Zilvia Junkie

Sorry about airing it out like this but business is public when it's done here. If I happen to think it's bad business it's my own opinion. I just stated my experience and left it at that. I leave it to a business to decide how they want to handle it. If they handle it right I'll say so, if they handle it wrong I'll say so. If you think your right you have nothing to worry about. If the truth bothers you then maybe theres a problem. I didn't ask for anything, I was just telling my experience. If you decide to let someone else take my place, and I can get a full return of the deposit, that is what I would consider good business. Again, just my opinion. With anything, if I'm happy with the resolution to my problem, I'll say so. If not, I'll say so too.

EDIT: BTW, I sent a PM on 6-26 asking to get out of the buy, and I didn't get a response until 7-9. Thats 2 weeks.

Just so no one takes this post the wrong way, I don't think anyone has a thing to worry about with this buy. I think it was actually a pretty good deal. Shipping took awhile but aparently the wait is over. Don't skip this one because next time Ian might be selling them.
-Apex-i N1 Dual Exhaust
Westminster, CO

Last edited by gschroeder78; 07-11-2003 at 11:02 PM..
Old 07-12-2003, 02:10 PM   #87
pinoydrifter
Zilvia Member

pinoydrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
1fasts13- I don't have your phone number. If you could pm me or post it... that would be great! I have a couple questions... so I would like it if we could talk on the phone... Thanks again- Cheers
Old 07-13-2003, 12:31 AM   #88
WIshb0ne
Leaky Injector

WIshb0ne is an unknown quantity at this point
So did anyone get there clips yet??? anyone else back out i want in.. I am in washington d.c.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:39 AM   #89
1fasts13
Zilvia Member

ok i'm still waiting for either pinoydrifter or wishbone or anyone else for that matter to contact me to take Garret's spot so i can refund him in full. so who is ready for a conversion right now?

BTW i should have some tracking numbers for everyone by tomorrow!!
Old 07-16-2003, 10:25 AM   #90
WIshb0ne
Leaky Injector

WIshb0ne is an unknown quantity at this point
ARe they in good condition..... How much total shipped to 22312
Closed Thread