Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Mandatory Ignition Interlocks... wtf? More Hate for BustedS13 inside!

Sure, this is a, "California" thing. But the thoughts about the process can be universal.
This took effect on the first of july.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDMV
Mandatory Ignition Interlocks. This new law requires Ignition Interlock Devices (IIDs) be installed on vehicles owned and operated by motorists convicted of driving on a suspended license due to a previous alcohol-related conviction.

“There are an estimated 40,000 persons convicted annually of DUI-related offenses who then drive on suspended licenses; further, there were 1,489 people needlessly killed in an alcohol-involved collision during 2007 in California. This law is a major step toward reducing those numbers,” said DMV Director George Valverde.

The DMV must notify the court if you fail to submit proof of installation of an IID within 30 days from date of notice. A person who is required and fails to install an IID is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than six months or by fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000), or both.

Motorists who fall into the category of driving with a suspended license for a DUI-related conviction will be assessed a $40 administrative fee for verification of the IID installation.

This law is now currently in effect for California, but other states such as New York, Jersey and a few others are looking into implementing this law into their system.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I like the idea, but at the same time I don't.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Good idea, though I'm sure you could just have a sober person breathe into it for you.

...Then again, if you have a sober person around, they should drive for you. lol
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
yea good idea..but idk u do have to pay for it

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
BustedS13 hates this shit! California stinks!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
We have those in PA.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
lol cali..

its a good idea though, saves lives and what not.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #8
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Wish all these resources were spent on bettering public transportation.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #9
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
BustedS13 hates this shit! California stinks!
THE MIDWEST IS SO MUCH BETTER!

Right?

Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
THE MIDWEST IS SO MUCH BETTER!

Right?

can't talk right now! making meth and taking my sister out to the vaudeville show! then passing out bibles or something!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
i think this is a fantastic idea.
so then i can get hammered and fart into it and see how drunk my butt is.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #12
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Fuck that. All the problems with the state budget and the economy and they spent their time and our money on this. They are furloughing state and federal(illegally), cutting pay by almost 20% while spending money on this stuff.

I agree with doing more to stop drunk driving but right now there are much more pressing matters.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #13
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I don't think it's a bad idea at all.
It's a small cost to pay, when a device like this could save other's lives from your irresponsible drunks.

It isn't entirely foolproof of course, but it's a move in the right direction.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #14
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i think its a good idea tho... i know has bad as it sounds, will save alot of people i think, provided it works properly. Ive known a few people who lost their lives to drunk drivers, it really changes your views on getting smashed than driving.. shouldnt be done, even if its not you and other people are doing it.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #15
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
im jus curious if this will be retrofitted into old cars... cuz you know there will be police profiling of this "i pulled you over because i wanted to see if you tamptered with your ignition breathe interlock, while im at it, why dont you pop your hood".

Or if some sort of inspection on the device is mandatory, they will probably look for mods as well..
Old 07-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
PinkPanther
Zilvia Junkie

PinkPanther is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PinkPanther
that's always a PITA when you have to work on someone's car that has one of those on it.
PinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #17
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Thing is.

I own more than one car.

As well as others do.

I even have a motorcycle.

So is the state going to put dui shit on all my forms of transportation?

Shit, I have a bicycle.

Are they going to outfit one of these on there too?

I'm all for laws that help. But to me it seems like a stupid law that wasn't too well thought out.

If someone is driving drunk with a suspended licence, what's stopping them from breaking another law and using someone else's car?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #18
s13boy89
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
s13boy89 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13boy89
my uncle has that he just has his son breathe into it
Old 07-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #19
HyperTek
Post Whore!

they should. After all its only fare, they screwed us over on illegal vehicle parts laws, because street racers have killed people, so they should screw us again because drunks have killed people.

BUT than again, this is only for those assholes who have had DUIs who get to have this.. so its not everyone.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:56 PM   #20
KA-Kait
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
KA-Kait is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA-Kait
what's retarded about is this. you have to PAY to have it installed in your car, you have to PAY monthly to have it updated/checked, you have to PAY a fine, you have to PAY for the class. by the end of it all you're paying at least 10,000 is not MORE. it's just.... too damn much.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #21
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-Kait View Post
what's retarded about is this. you have to PAY to have it installed in your car, you have to PAY monthly to have it updated/checked, you have to PAY a fine, you have to PAY for the class. by the end of it all you're paying at least 10,000 is not MORE. it's just.... too damn much.
In all reality I think the program is a good Idea. Would you rather have the cost of the interlock system passed on to the taxpayer? The offender should be the one to pay for their mistake. Driving is a privilege not a right and if you can't follow the rules then maybe this will be enough to prevent some unnecessary deaths.

Quote:

Last edited by brndck; 07-10-2009 at 08:39 AM..
Old 07-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #22
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
People will keep driving drunk and/or on suspended licenses anyway, as long as there is no other efficient way to get around.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #23
HyperTek
Post Whore!

guys its all fine, dont fuck up and you wont have to worry about getting that.. it said its to be installed on vehicles owned and operated by motorists convicted of driving on a suspended license due to a previous alcohol-related conviction.

So those people who dont take care of thier shit, shouldnt bother you, and hopefully will help them to not do it.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #24
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
In all reality I think the program is a good Idea. Would you rather have the cost of the interlock system passed on to the taxpayer? Theoffernderr should be the one to pay for their mistake. Driving is a privelege not a rght and if you can't follow the rules then maybe this will be enough to prevent some unnecessary deaths.
Do you think the entire cost will be met by the one with the interlock? I'm not just talking the cost of equipment and install but of all the personnel that goes with it.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #25
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Good idea, though I'm sure you could just have a sober person breathe into it for you.

...Then again, if you have a sober person around, they should drive for you. lol
agreed

and i like the idea...nuff said

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 AM   #26
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Just wait until the day one of these things doesn't let someone drive to the hospital or something because they used mouthwash within the last couple hours...

I'm all for the idea of finding ways to deal with drunk driving, and even though it's only for those with a previous DUI, this seems a little too much like the government trying to babysit people. Not to mention it's easy to get around. What's next? Some device to make sure I'm not too tired? Too angry? Too old? Another to make sure I'm not texting or talking on my cell phone? Granted none are nearly the problem drunk driving is, but you get my point I hope...
Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #27
brndck
Premium Member

/\/\ haven't u seen the new BMW ads? They have devices to make sure you aren't too tired, or too grumpy, or to make sure you've eaten a balanced breakfast before you drive.
I'm against big brother, but Ive lost friends to drunk drivers. This system is a step in the right direction.

Toyota actually prototyped a system that measures blood alcohol content by placing your hands on the steering wheel.

Besides cost, where is the downside to a system that prevents drink driving?

Quote:
Old 07-10-2009, 02:51 AM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mRclARK1 View Post
Just wait until the day one of these things doesn't let someone drive to the hospital or something because they used mouthwash within the last couple hours...

I'm all for the idea of finding ways to deal with drunk driving, and even though it's only for those with a previous DUI, this seems a little too much like the government trying to babysit people. Not to mention it's easy to get around. What's next? Some device to make sure I'm not too tired? Too angry? Too old? Another to make sure I'm not texting or talking on my cell phone? Granted none are nearly the problem drunk driving is, but you get my point I hope...
There are these new things called ambulances. Shouldn't have drunk and drove in the first place. Driving is a privilege not a right.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:08 AM   #29
Souljahzs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (66)
Souljahzs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
I use to install these at Circuit city when they were still around, and i think its a great idea. If these people obviously got caught the second time around, then they deserve it. There is no reason to drive when buzzed or drunk at all.
Souljahzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:17 AM   #30
Sl3KA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Sl3KA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That's gay... my soon to be ex wife might enjoy it though... sorry I don't enjoy blowing things before I can drive it... I just like to cut to the chase - hard driving and safe sex. If it's mandatory I'm sure it won't be too difficult to bypass it