Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
jakethesnake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
jakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Coilovers?

im looking into buyingsome coilovers and im jsut wondering what you guys recomend, im looking to make it a daily driver street car...so if you guys kno any brands that your really happy with please let me know...thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i run stance, i recommend them.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
HOW MAY TIMES ARE WE GONNA COVER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! SEARCH

please lol
Old 01-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
jussjepbrox
Zilvia Member

jussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enough
every week
WHATS YOUR BUDGET
had stance comfy yet stiff good for dd rides good on mountains also
i recomend STANCE
Old 01-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ask 10 different guys what coilovers they like, you'll probably get 10 different answers.

Why exactly are you looking for coilovers? Honestly, if you're just daily driving the car, you'd be fine with a decent spring/shock combo.

Do some research and decide what setup is going to best for you instead of asking a bunch of random internet dudes what their favorite flavor-of-the-month coilover is (there's enough of those threads anyway). You'll probably end up happier in the end, might even save you some money.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
unicoladron
Zilvia Junkie

unicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choicesunicoladron has made poor choices
get the godspeeds on ebay. then tell us how you like them. i hear they have a warranty, and i'm cheap.

what is your price range?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
i got stance gr+ and they are streetable and stiff enough to run at the track
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

Old 01-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
for just a DD i'd get a spring/shock combo, i had stance gr sport and even on full soft they are still pretty stiff. if you are set on coilovers you might look at something with softer spring rates, the tanabe sustec type II s-oc's are 6k/4k instead of the normal 8k/6k rates most others use.

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
Old 01-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^^ Good Point.. No Need For Coilovers If Your Gonna Daily Drive The Thing
Old 01-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #10
sxslider
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
sxslider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
for just a DD i'd get a spring/shock combo, i had stance gr sport and even on full soft they are still pretty stiff. if you are set on coilovers you might look at something with softer spring rates, the tanabe sustec type II s-oc's are 6k/4k instead of the normal 8k/6k rates most others use.
im running this setup on my car right now. they are very nice for a dd, and i can still get good use out them on mountain runs and the track. id recommend them!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
jakethesnake
Zilvia Member

jakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymorejakethesnake is not welcome here anymore
yea from most of the people i talked to they said that stance coilovers are good..my budget is like $1,000
Old 01-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #12
D1GP
Zilvia Junkie

D1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
i would have to agree. i run stance gr+ pro and they are way stiff and bouncy no matter what setting i run them at. really hurts my grip when i corner on roads that are not 100% smooth.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #13
D1GP
Zilvia Junkie

D1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake View Post
yea from most of the people i talked to they said that stance coilovers are good..my budget is like $1,000
if you don't mind a small drop (1.5 - 2" at most) then i would suggest looking into the ground control setups that some members have done on this forum. really comfy and handles awesome from what i hear.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #14
playastarkz123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
playastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura aboutplayastarkz123 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

I mean cmon this is topic has been covered so many times
Old 01-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #15
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ighlight=daily

here's a thread i had made myself, i ended up swapping to the nismo s tune kit after i wasn't pleased with the ride of the coilovers.

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
Old 01-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #16
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1GP View Post
i would have to agree. i run stance gr+ pro and they are way stiff and bouncy no matter what setting i run them at. really hurts my grip when i corner on roads that are not 100% smooth.
Uh?? I have GR+ Pro's. There stiff I'll give the that, bouncy no. If you set them up right they don't bouncy. They just follow bumps. If I could get more stroke I'd be set.

I have some bumpy ass roads in Carmel too. But they are bouncy.

To OP: Like they said search. After that do the research about it. Then if there any question left ask.
For just DD and that means no road racing I'd also say get Strut/Spring. Again search there be a ton of answers.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #17
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
search "Is Ground Control Suspension worth it?"

/thread.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #18
D1GP
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChow View Post
Uh?? I have GR+ Pro's. There stiff I'll give the that, bouncy no. If you set them up right they don't bouncy. They just follow bumps. If I could get more stroke I'd be set.

I have some bumpy ass roads in Carmel too. But they are bouncy.

To OP: Like they said search. After that do the research about it. Then if there any question left ask.
For just DD and that means no road racing I'd also say get Strut/Spring. Again search there be a ton of answers.
what preload and damper adjustment are you running? which springs?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #19
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I am closing this before it turns full on into the repeating of "SEARCH!!!" even if that was what should have taken place from the outset.

And I write too!
Closed Thread