Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
ProjectGarage

Trader Rating: (0)
ProjectGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ProjectGarage's Fuel rail questions, now in 1 thread...

I basicall need the exact opposite of this

Does that even exist or am i going to have to start making them? I want to run my stock fpr on an aftermarket high flow fuel rail such as the Yamato Garage or the Circuit sports unit.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #2
Benjamin

Benjamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectGarage View Post
I basicall need the exact opposite of this
Old 10-08-2009, 02:33 AM   #3
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Hahaha, nice.

No, you don't want to run your stock FPR. It sucks even at OEM flow levels, much less a high flow fuel pump/rail combo.

If you're baller enough for a -6an fuel rail, you should protect your investment/sanity and get a reputable FPR. Aeromotive is good, Sard is good, Nismo is generally not the best, FuelLab is new but has gotten great reviews. Real FPRs start at ~$100.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 10-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I use -6 line w/ a JGY fuel rail. Looks good and does a great job. If i were you i would get a good FPR. I had a SARD that broke on me so i just went with a Aeromotive one, if you going to do it, do it right and do it all. While your at it BigEnd makes a -6 AN billet fuel filter to that looks good with the setup and flows good. I love it.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1honda View Post
I use -6 line w/ a JGY fuel rail. Looks good and does a great job. If i were you i would get a good FPR. I had a SARD that broke on me so i just went with a Aeromotive one, if you going to do it, do it right and do it all. While your at it BigEnd makes a -6 AN billet fuel filter to that looks good with the setup and flows good. I love it.
That reminds me! Fuel filters are key, and most of the -6an stuff you find is either not a real fuel filter (it's a pre-filter) or else it doesn't screen small enough!

The best value I found is a Fram HPG-1. It's a paper replaceable element, screens to 10 microns, and has a very low pressure drop - all for ~$50.

Pegasus - Fram HPG-1 Hi Performance Gas Filter

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 10-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
ProjectGarage

Im going to be keeping the boost stock. I need a new rail and would like to replace the FPR as well. Im already getting new stock size injectors. I wouldnt mind running a high flow rail and probably a tomei FPR, the only thing im worried about is can i make it run like stock with these two parts. Or should i just get a new OEM rail and FPR?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
ProjectGarage

Installing a high flow fuel rail and aftermarket fpr (SR related)

Im going to be replacing my Injectors, Fuel rail and Fuel pressure regulator.

Ill be using this fuel rail

With Deatschwerks 370cc injectors (stock size)

And also ill be using a Tomei FPR

So from my understanding if i adjust the Fuel pressure to 43.5 psi (without the vacuum line plugged into the fpr) it should run like stock? Even with the high flow rail? Im not doing anything high hp and im running stock boost, I need to replace my fuel rail and figure id rather get this sexy one than another stock one. So will it run richer because of the rail or does the rail not matter and its all based on injector size/fuel pressure?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Im going to be keeping the boost stock. I need a new rail and would like to replace the FPR as well. Im already getting new stock size injectors. I wouldnt mind running a high flow rail and probably a tomei FPR, the only thing im worried about is can i make it run like stock with these two parts. Or should i just get a new OEM rail and FPR?
If you're keeping everything stock, you should just get another stock fuel rail/stock FPR. Going -6an lines will cost a ton more, and you won't gain anything from it.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

If you set it for 43psi, it will run like stock.

Like I said in your other thread, you should just stick to stock and save the $hundreds.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
lol what in the hell for if you're not upgrading everything else. And don't use douche works injectors.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
ProjectGarage

i need new injectors deatschewerks are the best for their money unless you know of another company that sells 370s for the same pricing. The reason im replacing all this stuff is because i need a new fuel rail a new fpr and new injectors so i figure why not buy baller parts in that field like i have with everything else so far.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #12
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
370's? just get oem sr20 injectors. oem is better than anything out there ad cheaper too. You can get a set for about 100 dollars.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #13
^fraktal^
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (23)
^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough^fraktal^ will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i know you made 2 threads for this basically. you don't need a fpr fitting for that fuel rail. that's the circuit sports rail right...? it already comes with all the fittings you need. they even show them in the other frsport pics where you obviously linked it from!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:07 AM   #14
ProjectGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
370's? just get oem sr20 injectors. oem is better than anything out there ad cheaper too. You can get a set for about 100 dollars.
Yeah but they are not brand new.

Quote:
i know you made 2 threads for this basically. you don't need a fpr fitting for that fuel rail. that's the circuit sports rail right...? it already comes with all the fittings you need. they even show them in the other frsport pics where you obviously linked it from!
Yes they show the fittings you need to run an external FPR however my interest went to running that fuel rail with the stock "on rail" FPR. I basically want baller ass parts but i want it to run like stock or a little bit better. I am not looking to raise the boost or anything i just want good quality parts used for the fueling system.

Last edited by ProjectGarage; 10-09-2009 at 02:43 AM..
Old 10-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #15
ProjectGarage

I basically want to run the circuit sports rail without the -6an lines since it comes with the regular fittings too. What i was wondering is if there was a way to hook up the stock FPR to that rail or if i can use an aftermarket FPR but still have it run like stock just have baller ass quality parts on it.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:25 AM   #16
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
I basically want to run the circuit sports rail without the -6an lines since it comes with the regular fittings too. What i was wondering is if there was a way to hook up the stock FPR to that rail or if i can use an aftermarket FPR but still have it run like stock just have baller ass quality parts on it.
NO. Buy another stock fuel rail with stock injectors for like $100, and stop trying to 'be baller' with your stock-ass parts.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #17
ericb382
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
ericb382 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Yeah but they are not brand new.

Used oem injectors will be more reliable than Deatschwerks

Quote:
I basically want baller ass parts but i want it to run like stock or a little bit better. I am not looking to raise the boost or anything i just want good quality parts used for the fueling system.

By this if you mean that you just want to throw your money down the toilet with no difference whatsoever go right ahead.... OEM nissan parts are "good quality parts."
Old 10-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #18
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
^thank you.

Stock FPR's are not baller. Neither are stock sidefeeds, AN lines or CS rails.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #19
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
amen brother!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #20
ProjectGarage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb382 View Post
Used oem injectors will be more reliable than Deatschwerks

By this if you mean that you just want to throw your money down the toilet with no difference whatsoever go right ahead.... OEM nissan parts are "good quality parts."

Yeah nissan parts are definitely great quality. I would use a brand new stock rail and brand new stock fpr if i it didnt take months to get the fpr. I just want to know that the parts are going to last.

Are Deatschwerks really not good injectors? Ive heard alot of good reviews on their stuff.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #21
ProjectGarage

I agree, Im not trying to be baller with stock parts lol im trying to get "baller quality" parts which i know circuit sports is not which is why i may go with the Yamato one instead. Anyways I keep hearing more and more people talk shit about Deatschwerks injectors.. Whats the deal with that?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #22
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Sard** Nuff said
Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #23
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I just want to know that the parts are going to last.

your engine has had those parts since it came out of the dealer and were still working until recently (i guess, if your changing them) i think that proves the lasting time of a oem part...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #24
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yeah sard is good i know that tomei is as well ill be using the tomei fpr for my setup

Last edited by om3ga; 10-09-2009 at 06:50 PM..
Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #25
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Ive heard good things about the tomei fpr

Last edited by om3ga; 10-09-2009 at 06:47 PM..
Old 10-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #26
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
id rather get DW injectors than RC crap
Old 10-10-2009, 05:14 AM   #27
ProjectGarage

I keep hearing that z32 injectors are the same?? Im wondering if i can just buy them from a local parts store or what i should do? Its looking like im getting either DW or idk yet haha.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:21 AM   #28
nsn240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
nsn240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nsn240
sr20 and z32 are both 370cc injectors.

Again, buy a set of injectors off the for sale section for $100 and call it a day.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #29
ProjectGarage

Anyone using Deatschwerks injectors?

I need to get some 370cc injectors for my SR i want to buy them brand new but the actual SR injectors from nissan take about 3 months to get. So the only 370 replacements ive found are the DW ones. I need some feedback before buying them.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #30
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Seriously?

Tons of people use them. Tons.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Closed Thread