Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2008, 04:18 AM   #11
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
They arent exactly the same as the 350z, but I would assume since they both are used to run a VQ35 they can be used. I would further assume this because I have seen people use fwd VQ35s for RWD application so I dont see why not.
with all things being equal they are they same, just like coca-cola and pepsi cola are both sodas.

but from what drift freaqs been telling me that the FWD blocks aren't as strong as rwd when it comes to HIGH horse power aplications.

but for using a factory ecu or a tuned factory ecu and some mods you should be good. seriously though, theres turbo vq max's out there making 500ish hp turbo running stock internals so i'm not even worried.

speaking of ECU's Sinister you REALLY should use a FACTORY ecu, using a stand alone on a VQ35DE is like using your Nintendo 8bit to play super smash brothers brawl for the wii. Sure you can make an 8bit version of it (im sure some one in china of Philippines has already done it) but it is not the same thing. Nissan has put ALLOT of tech into these ecu's they are equivalent to like a 128bit system. Although Haltech has come along ways with their VQ compatibilities its still can't run on stock sensors and make stock power. Look at all the vq swap guys that are in magazines already, they are making like 250 with cams and headers and exhaust. That is what it should be making factory to the wheels. Even in the superstreet where they compair the s15, s14 ka turbo, and a s13 vq. that s13 only put out supposedly 285 hp, but he was slower than the s14 ka turbo that had 320hp by no more than 2 seconds.
If he had a tuned factory ecu i bet he would of been faster by at least 1 second, but thats just my speculations.