Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Part importance.

well long story short, progressive lied to me and did not allow me to get first dibs on buying my baby back. they gave it directly to an auction yard and it sold very fast... i got in contact with the guy who bought it and oh boy, he is trying to get me to pay almost what i paid for the car when i bought it 6 years ago. so my question to you, how important is the prolock that comes in our car? is it easy, or even possible to bypass it without the "black key"? how much do they cost from the dealer, are they swappable from other 240 chassis? the reason i say this is because i Bella is missing hers and i would like to know if this guy will ever be able to start her?

Also, if ur the kid from Arizona whos father just bought a white 95 S14 from an auto auction here in Sacramento please, have a heart, someone loves that car and put ALOT of money and time into it. There are plenty of other 240s that you can put an sr into, but this car belongs to someone else. Please, do the right thing.

-Logan
That first picture is totally bad ass.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
That's not even a dealer piece. Lots put those on to add charges when the car is sold, it's a simple one wire bypass.
We used to install them for used car lots all the time, then they'd try to throw it in at the sale that there was a security system installed, you could keep it functional for another $500.
The guy who bought your car has probably already pulled it out.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
that exact same thing happened to me. i got hit by a drunk in my old 240 and the insurance company sold the car out from under me and gave me almost nothing for the car. then about 3 years later i see my car in the autotrader exactly how it was when i crashed except fixed and he was selling it for 3k more than i got from the insurance company for it. i called the guy and he said he bought it at a nissan dealership(the car had an Sr in it, i doubt a nissan dealer sold it to him). then a year or 2 later i found it on autotrader again. it fuckin pissed me off.

I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!!!!!!!!!
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
yes, it is easy to bypass the prolock. I would just take them out if it was in the car. They're junk and easy to bypass.
Wow, progressive jacked you up
So what ins. company are you with now?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #5
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
I've seen cars sold at small dealers here in Socal offered with SRs "ready to drift".
When I wrecked my S14 a while back I had the tow truck tow it to my house and the adjuster came to me. Made cash parting out the car and AAA gave me decent money for it aswell.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
yeah, there is a place by my work that sells 240's like that. but this was back in 2001 when i crashed, there wasnt a market for drifter cars back then. also how can you sell a car you can't smog?
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
bah, thanks for the answer russ, i was hoping that could be some leverage against him but i guess its nothing. now i just have to sit back and watch as this guy completely ruins my baby.

i know i said i couldnt get another 240 but my ich hasnt gone away for them. i guess its time to get bent over by the current FnF inspired market. Heres to paying way to much for a 10+ year old car!!! :cheers:

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
Kronus

Kronus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kronus
Two commercials for Progressive have played since I started reading this thread. At what level of negotiation have you had with the new owner?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Actually if I were you I would report them to the state Insurance commisioner. There is a reason we have one and yes you can report Insurance companies. By law if they total it they are supposed to offer you the right to purchase it back. It usually cuts down on the total check. Have you even collected a check for the total? Know your rights as a consumer.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #10
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
^what he said.
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #11
theronin
Post Whore!

drift, how do i get in contact with the commish?