Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
couple slips into White House uninvited

What do you think should happen to the couple who slipped through White House security and met the President in the receiving line?

White House says uninvited dinner couple met Obama - Yahoo! News

The investigation is on-going and more details are slowly emerging.

The local stations are running stories on the couple's lives and it looks like they like to be extravagant but owe many people (contractors, caterers, service people) money and refuse to pay them, according to neighbours who report that vendors usually come to the couple's house to collect bad debt.

They interviewed the hair salon that did the wife's hair and they said she told them the couple was officially invited.

The scheme was apparently a publicity stunt to promote their appearance on the Real Housewives of DC reality show currently being filmed.

Their attorney said:

Quote:
"They just went to a party. They didn't do anything wrong," Paul Morrison, a Virginia attorney who has represented Michaele and Tareq Salahi in the past, told The Associated Press.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091126/...invited_guests
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
how the hell DID they get in there lol...
Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
nu_born
Leaky Injector

nu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enough
In my opinion these morons should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. With the smallest amount of media coverage possible to deny them the attention the obviously so desperately need (wishful thinking right here). I'm sure Secret Service staff are gonna get pinned to the wall on this one no excuse for even letting them get so far.
nu_born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
wow... not even 007 style

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, I guess they should be prosecuted for trespassing. That's the only law I can think of that they could have broken.

The fact that they made it through a security checkpoint speaks more to the failure of the Secret Service than the success of these two hacks.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylvia213 View Post
how the hell DID they get in there lol...
Since Obama came into office, White House security has been a lot friendlier to visitors to reflect the administration's attitude of government being user-friendly. Some people may feel that it is easier to breach security than with previous administrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu_born View Post
In my opinion these morons should be prosecuted to the fullest extent
I agree. They should be charged with federal trespassing at the very least.

Quote:
With the smallest amount of media coverage possible to deny them the attention the obviously so desperately need (wishful thinking right here)
I'm not sure who leaked the story to the press, but making any politician look bad is not good for your life unless you have strong political backing by someone else.

Quote:
I'm sure Secret Service staff are gonna get pinned to the wall on this one no excuse for even letting them get so far.
To be fair, they posed no physical threat since they did go through physical security screening, but they still had fist and knuckles even if they couldn't
Old 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
damn...just walked right in. lol
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I saw this acouple days ago and I think its awesome how this happen.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #9
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I was at the GW v Oregon game when the Obamas attended, and I wanted to ask one of the secret service agents wtf happened, but I also didn't feel like getting cavity searched...
Old 11-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
To be fair, they posed no physical threat since they did go through physical security screening, but they still had fist and knuckles even if they couldn't
You sure about that? I mean, after all, the last guy was assaulted with a pair of shoes.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
What if they had anthrax?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #12
j20accord00
Zilvia Addict

j20accord00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to j20accord00
this just amazes me
Old 11-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
what if they were infected with ebola and they breathed near him?
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #14
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
what amazes me is that people like you guys are spending way too much energy talking about it.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #15
murda-c
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
what amazes me is that people like you guys are spending way too much energy talking about it.
omgah posting on this forum is a ridiculous energy expenditure guise.

SAVE YOUR STRENGTH FOR OTHER SHIT!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #16
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
omgah posting on this forum is a ridiculous energy expenditure guise.

lol

It's plain and simple that this was a social engineering attack.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
g6civcx
Post Whore!

You're criticising that we're wasting time in Off Topic? Stay out of Off Topic then.

It depends on what happened at the gate. If they showed up and nobody objected then they did nothing wrong. If they lied to security then that's different.

There may be other issues like they were invited but no one put them on the guestlist. I want to see the facts come out in the trial.

This ties in with my other thread. Just being seen with the President is a big deal. 5 minutes to talk to the President is a huge deal. He only spends like 1-2 minutes to talk to his generals and cabinet members if that.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
You're criticizing that we're wasting time in Off Topic? Stay out of Off Topic then.
That is not what I'm criticizing. What I am criticizing is this topic and the fact that it is being discussed. I think it is rather absurd considering the conditions. With all the threats and the psychos that want to kill Obama just because he is black, you would think that security would be ridiculous. The media hype is on purpose, those people were supposed to be there. They are successfully making us talk about it. Honestly I would feel different about it if they had try to take a shot at him. I'm not saying that they should have or that would of been better, because it is not.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
You're criticising that we're wasting time in Off Topic? Stay out of Off Topic then.

It depends on what happened at the gate. If they showed up and nobody objected then they did nothing wrong. If they lied to security then that's different.

There may be other issues like they were invited but no one put them on the guestlist. I want to see the facts come out in the trial.

This ties in with my other thread. Just being seen with the President is a big deal. 5 minutes to talk to the President is a huge deal. He only spends like 1-2 minutes to talk to his generals and cabinet members if that.
Well either way security screwed up.
it doesn't speak well of secret service if two ppl can bullshit their way in.

Obama & the Secret Service were lucky they found this mistake without harsh consequences.

What happens to the 2 imbeciles is of much less consequence imo.
I do find it difficult to believe they just stumbled in by accident.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
That is not what I'm criticizing. What I am criticizing is this topic and the fact that it is being discussed. I think it is rather absurd considering the conditions. With all the threats and the psychos that want to kill Obama just because he is black, you would think that security would be ridiculous. The media hype is on purpose, those people were supposed to be there. They are successfully making us talk about it. Honestly I would feel different about it if they had try to take a shot at him. I'm not saying that they should have or that would of been better, because it is not.
You are aware that you clicked on this topic, and that even in your chiding people for discussing it you have joined the discussion, right?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Some new evidence came to light. A senior official in the Pentagon admits to communicating with the couple about the event, but does not admit that the tickets were confirmed.

It's not clear to me if there were any wrong-doing.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #22
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
it would be hilarious if this turned out to be a casual misunderstanding.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #23
g6civcx
Post Whore!

The local stations are trying to do character assasination on the couple.

They ran stories about how they owe people money and would not pay. A judge recently ordered the guy to pawn the watch he was wearing when the picture was taken to pay off some debts.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #24
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post

I literally shit my pants earlier because I had already used all my energy eating the food.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #25
nixad
Zilvia Member

nixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choicesnixad has made poor choices
Quote:
people like you amaze me, thinking you can change the way people act

you remind me of this jack i heard at school talking to people how we should stop talking about tiger woods just becouse something happened to him. i said jack stfu you just added fuel to the fire.
nixad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #26
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
You sure about that? I mean, after all, the last guy was assaulted with a pair of shoes.

But seriously I mean when Bush was in office it was a tight and not so easy to get in the white house...
Obama gets in and BAM people are gettin in lefft and right

didnt someone drive up to the white house like a few days ago with a mini-van?? I think I saw that on msn news i think
Old 12-15-2009, 08:12 AM   #27
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixad View Post
people like you amaze me, thinking you can change the way people act

you remind me of this jack i heard at school talking to people how we should stop talking about tiger woods just becouse something happened to him. i said jack stfu you just added fuel to the fire.
I'm tired of helping stupid people in Tech. It's the same thing over and over from people who don't even bother to do just a little research before asking questions.

95% of the news is for entertainment. What do you really use from the news other than traffic and weather, and possibly some financial stuff? Do you operate on such a global scale that world events really affect you?

That's why forums have topics separated into threads. We don't have a huge stream of consciousness where you have to sift through everything. If you don't like something, don't go into the thread. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post

But seriously I mean when Bush was in office it was a tight and not so easy to get in the white house...
How do you know? Did you personally go into the Bush White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post
Obama gets in and BAM people are gettin in lefft and right

didnt someone drive up to the white house like a few days ago with a mini-van?? I think I saw that on msn news i think
Obama wants security to be more user-friendly so people will perceive the administration as more inclusive to the public. You decide if it's good or bad.

Last edited by g6civcx; 12-15-2009 at 08:59 AM..
Old 12-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #28
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

any updates on this farce?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #29
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
That is not what I'm criticizing. What I am criticizing is this topic and the fact that it is being discussed
I find your correction funny

Last edited by g6civcx; 12-15-2009 at 12:34 PM..
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #30
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
any updates on this farce?
Tareq was ordered to give up his watch as seen in the photo to pay off his debt; however, the watch turned out to be fake. The watch was thought to be worth about $15,000 but it was appraised at only $100.

Someone (the news didn't say who) paid his debt off and the watch was returned.

They should have sold the watch and paid off the dozen of other people he owes money to.