Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Drift Circuit in San Diego Speed Fest at Coronado island navy base 9-25,26,27

Critical info:
Skill level = Pro & ProAm
Vehicle requirement: Competition prepped w/Cage
Cost = $150
Deadline: 9-18
Number of entries <20
Date: Sept 25,26,27
Overview:
3 Days of drifting in front of tons of local tv media and up to 20,000 people in the grandstands as part of the largest motorsports event in San Diego for 12 years running. This is a pro level track on tarmac utilizing barriers and grandstands pulled in from Long Beach GP.
Schedule:
Friday - Media day - Practice & wounded warrior, media ride alongs
Saturday - Noon Exhibition and free run time after other track events till sundown
Sunday - Noon exhibition and catered awards ceremony on navy ship

Interested in driving in this 3 day extravaganza? Email [email protected] with:
Name
Drivers profile
Car Photo
Team Name
Sponsors
Vehicle Info
Conact info
Emergency Contact info

from www.driftcircuit.org :

Drift Circuit has been invited back to host a second year of drifting exhibitions on the island tarmac in front of the grand stands at the Coronado Naval base's 12th annual Speed Festival during fleet week 2009. The annual race at the base, a long tradition for San Diego classic car enthusiasts happens this year on September 26-27th. Drifting is slated for a lunch time slot both days in addition to an end of day Drift Battle Royale after the other activities until sundown on Saturday. All the drifting on track is going to feature many of So. Cal.'s best drivers. We would like to invite drift enthusiasts, their friends and family to come out and support our military, and to help show our city that the sport of drifting has a strong following that would like to see the sport on a regular basis in San Diego. We had an overwhelming response to last years run, so this year drift circuit has 3X more track time than last year so we intend to put on a great show so drifting can become an important facet of this historic event. Please come and support the unique opportunity our sport has been given by the military, and let them know you'd like to see more! For those who aren't able to drift but are still proud to show off their ride, there will be a "car club corral" area near the track where your club can represent next to the Ferarri, Mini, Mustang, and Viper Clubs (just to name a few) that have a strong annual show at the Speed Festival.

This year’s premier car event of the season is racing to the San Diego island of Coronado, a small yet unique community in Southern California. When you are looking for somewhere fun to spend a day or weekend and a unique experience appropriate for all ages, look no further than the Coronado Speed Festival.

The 12th annual racing and military tribute event will be held on September 26th and 27th as part of Fleet Week San Diego, an organization that benefits the men and women of our military. The event is set against the stunning backdrop of San Diego Bay and will feature 280 of the world’s most unique and pedigreed machines at one of the most distinctive racecar locations - Naval Air Station North Island, the birthplace of Naval Aviation.

This is also the Navy’s annual opportunity to offer an open house to the public and offer individuals and families an opportunity to experience a military base as they never have. As part of this experience, event goers will have the opportunity to explore military equipment and talk to captains and crew members. Children will be able to possibly enjoy their face being painted by marines as well as several other children oriented activities. This is an event that the whole family can enjoy.

In the past years, over 20,000 people have packed the grandstands to view a spectator-friendly 1.6-mile course that is constructed in a matter of days on the runways and taxiways of Naval Air Station North Island. Car enthusiasts will be able to step back in time to enjoy auto racing’s rich history with tours of the racecar pits and speak with the drivers of these unique machines. Please visit Coronado Speed Festival - Homepage for this year’s complete racing schedule.

About Fleet Week San Diego & The Coronado Speed Festival

The Coronado Speed Festival is produced by San Diego Fleet Week Foundation and hosted by the Naval Base Coronado and the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Program (MWR) which benefits military personnel and their families. They in turn provide positive support for the active duty military community and their families through Quality of Life Programs including single Sailor Recreation Centers, Fitness and Aquatic Facilities and the Base Theatre Free Movies. The Southern California community is given this unbelievable opportunity to thank the men and women defending our freedom in person.

Advance purchase general admission tickets are available on the Fleet Week Website Coronado Speed Festival - Homepage - $25 one day and $35 for both days. Tickets will also be available at the venue ($35 for one day and $45 for both days). Children 12 and under are free with paid adult admission. Active Duty military and their dependants are free. Retired and reserve military can purchase half price tickets through MWR.

A couple of shots from the 2008 event:

Preview Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_tIMSlKq1c

confirmed drivers so far:

sunday only:

How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 09-10-2009 at 11:30 PM..
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Wow, way cool

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
AHHHH I WANNA GO.

My car wont be ready in time =[
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
JEDIs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
JEDIs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
ill be there on the 27th.. just to watch tho lol
JEDIs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
im there dude. to watch anyway. lol
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Sickness .
Old 09-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Drivers get 1 extra vender level pass for crew.

Media pass - there is a link on the fleet week website on the press page - download the credentials sheet and send it to Amy.
Coronado Speed Festival - Press Room

20x car show entries
20x general admin tix

...Are on the way to me in the mail, I'll confirm when thay arrive & will give them away first come first serve.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
i wish my car was nice enough to run this..
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
I wish I was 5 lug, I would do this for sure.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Holly hell. Why do I not have a cage!!! This looks like an amazingly fun event.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
turns101
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
turns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turns101
Its a wonderful experience.. The crowd truly loves it. Thousands cheering for you.. Its nuts..
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

we'll bust one out just in time Karl ; )

tickets have arrived! come and get them
Old 09-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #13
simplistek
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
simplistek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so wish my car was ready and painted. will be out there to snap some vid tho!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:11 AM   #14
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
we'll bust one out just in time Karl ; )

tickets have arrived! come and get them
haha. I could only dream of having a cage built by Parts Shop Max! Not baller enough right now.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i wanna go to... lolol looks real fun.

karl your not down to buy me a cage =O
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
i wanna go to... lolol looks real fun.

karl your not down to buy me a cage =O
Nieko, you're not down to trade me your KA for my RB.... =D
Old 09-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #17
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
hahah you are probably completely serious.

and i am also serious when i say i would rather have my gangster fucking sohc.

bro.... 172 all 4 cylinders
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #18
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
hahah you are probably completely serious.

and i am also serious when i say i would rather have my gangster fucking sohc.

bro.... 172 all 4 cylinders
hahaha. My dual cam would have destroyed your SOHC.

You should just buy Charlie's cage and do this event. I'll be your pit crew.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
this event is awesome!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #20
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

San Diego Magazine page 129
Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #21
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

YouTube - Coronado Speed Festival Drift Circuit Exhibitions S15 car cam

this is the car cam video from last year, you can really get a feel for the track (and how i cant connect the long straight) lol

cool course though

I have some more spots left but all interested drifters need to lock down entries this week.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #22
at23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
at23 is making a name for him/her selfat23 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to at23 Send a message via Yahoo to at23
I wish I was good enough for this!Killin it for the USMC.LOL
Old 09-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #23
Carbon Krylon
Leaky Injector

Carbon Krylon is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm gonna try to make this for sure.
Carbon Krylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #24
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tomorrow is my deadline for driver's sign up. If you cant finish the registration or payment by tomorrow, let me know so I can still make plans for you. thanks, Dan
Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 AM   #25
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
MaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MaRshMaLLow Send a message via Yahoo to MaRshMaLLow
im down ...
Old 09-22-2009, 02:05 AM   #26
iLOVEmyS13
Zilvia Member

iLOVEmyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I must be blind, i forget where it says it.
but is friday media only? or can you still watch?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #27
stretch240sx
Zilvia Junkie

stretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nicestretch240sx is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to stretch240sx Send a message via Yahoo to stretch240sx
friday is media day. I am pretty sure they wont let just anybody watch. I think I remember them saying something about active duty being allowed on friday but I'm not sure. they asked for my license number and address to get on base for friday.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #28
iLOVEmyS13
Zilvia Member

iLOVEmyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch240sx View Post
friday is media day. I am pretty sure they wont let just anybody watch. I think I remember them saying something about active duty being allowed on friday but I'm not sure. they asked for my license number and address to get on base for friday.
My dad's in the military and i have a sticker on my car to get on base, i was just wondering if it was media only. or if they are selling tickets for that day also
Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #29
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

The spectator days are Sat and Sun for sure.

map of coronado:
Google Maps

Spectators you take 5 south to the 75 bridge and drive straight through town into the base.

Drivers will meet Friday 6:30 AM at the round lot in the public park (the immediate 2 rights after getting off the bridge)
At 6:30 we will fill out paperwork that is needed to pass through the gate. (this is an active military base and therefore we must obey the formality)
We need to roll in at 7am caravan style

We are on track friday 8:15 to 9:15
we will give media ridealongs and get filmed by news crews so they can make the evening news just before the main event days.
there will also be wounded warrior ride alongs during this practice time for those of you gracious enough

I will email and post a full schedule when it is available

I wont be doing much on the computer thursday because I am picking up a special guest from Japan from the airport and also picking up martins car from Garage Boso
Old 09-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #30
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

This just in from speed fest media day

codys drift was so hot that the wire harness caught on fire

martins new rotary tune was so fierce that it ate an oil seal so he is going to drift my skyline
or maybe throw in the spare motor

Everyone is having lots of fun on track and loves the circuit challange

anyone see us in the news?

were doing tons of interviews!

on track tomorrow at noon and 5