Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-17-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Hello! I'm a newbie!

Hi other 240SX owners! I got my 1990 240SX last year and I live in CO. I hope i'm welcomed here! SR20DET is comin' soon. I'm not that rich and I still have a lot of years in college. My car may not be the greatest/fastest/sexiest car out there. I'm also a newbie at cars. I'd like to know more about my car and hopefully I don't get flamed by asking dumb questions. Because seriously, I don't have any knowledge about this car. It's going to be a daily driver car. I don't want it to be that fast or a show stopper. I want it to look like as OEM as possible. I'll probably start asking questions as soon as i'm done lookin' at some important threads here! Again, I thank you for this site! Kudos!
P4rD0nM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
Al_S14
BANNED

Al_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Al_S14 Send a message via MSN to Al_S14
Welcome to the club mang! Check out archives section tons of usefull info there.
Al_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
jdm538
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
jdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfectionjdm538 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
welcome newbie be careful what you ask and say around here.
jdm538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #4
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 06-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
Blues13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Blues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Welcome..! Be sure to search first with any questions you have.. once you finished searching, search again using different key words... after that, search on google, after that.. search on Fresh Alloy, after that.. look through your FSM,.. and then post your question here if all those have failed.
Blues13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:39 PM   #6
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues13
Welcome..! Be sure to search first with any questions you have.. once you finished searching, search again using different key words... after that, search on google, after that.. search on Fresh Alloy, after that.. look through your FSM,.. and then post your question here if all those have failed.
and welcome to zilvia
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:43 PM   #7
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Or you can post with out searching, but make sure you put "I searched every where ! And could'nt find anything!" Before your question.

Its a loop hole in the rules that some clever newbies have found.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:06 AM   #8
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
^ no fukn kidding. i didnt know LOL j/p anyways go buy a tool set like a craftsman dont get nut drivers .. all u really need are ratchets sockets and wrenches, couple vise grips and screwdrivers , .. and a handy oem Factory Service Manual for ur car...and start from there..

dont make a to buy list and post it in the forum.. or the snail will show u his nifty newbie shooter..
Old 06-18-2005, 03:12 AM   #9
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
One Clip = Thirty One newbies
Old 06-18-2005, 03:55 AM   #10
speeddreamz
Zilvia FREAK!

speeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nicespeeddreamz is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to speeddreamz
Welcome, remember that you should use the search button, and you can specify which section to search under to help narrow your searches. If you ask a question and get lots of angry questions, its natural zilvia loves to "flame" people. So don't be discouraged, just search first.
speeddreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #11
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3
SR20DET is comin' soon.

I don't want it to be that fast...
Keep the KA if you dont want it to be fast. Nothin wrong with a KA no matter what the SR guys say!!! Oh yea and SEARCH!

Also, your Name for the forums is very...um...damn its hard to get the word...Ill choose ricey.

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:26 PM   #12
Mervyn
Zilvia Member

Mervyn is a well-known jackass
Welcome to the Zilvia forums! ^_^
Mervyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:55 PM   #13
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

Nothing's wrong with KA but...it has over 100k miles on it already. And i'm thinkin' if ever cops pulled me over...hehehe. My name is PardonMe. P4rD0nM3 is my IRC nickanme in Undernet.Org.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #14
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I don't understand. If cops ever pull you over, then it would be worse to have the SR. In case you didn't realize it, it's illegal.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #15
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
blah 200k KA24de still runs like a champ...
Old 06-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #16
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

I did not know what your name was, I though irt looked like it said "Prefer Dome" , but pardonme is cool to I guess. PS: 100k on a ka is when the motor has finished breaking in. The damn things just wont die.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:22 PM   #17
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
I don't understand. If cops ever pull you over, then it would be worse to have the SR. In case you didn't realize it, it's illegal.
Oh you misunderstood my post. I said i'm having second thoughts about the SR too. However, my KA is making some noises when I start the car. Kinda like a belt or something inside hitting something. Anyone in Co? Hehehe.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:23 PM   #18
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail
I did not know what your name was, I though irt looked like it said "Prefer Dome" , but pardonme is cool to I guess. PS: 100k on a ka is when the motor has finished breaking in. The damn things just wont die.
That's so nice to say about KA. I'm being molested in another car forum by having a KA24DE. They keep sayin' that it's gay coz it's a truck engine.

PS: They love hondas.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:31 PM   #19
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the infamous KA ticking noise, there's probably millions of pages written on it, a simple search would turn up enough reaidng for several nights.

tell them the viper engine is also a truck engine, hehe
yudalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 03:53 PM   #20
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^So is the VQ35, see if they still like the 350Z. Oh, and since they're Hon-Duh guys, the B20 is a truck engine as well. "Truck Engine" is a term used by the weak minded who believe everything written by Primedia. :hammer: The KA is a perfectly good engine, capable of achieving the same streetable horsepower numbers as any other engine out there.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #21
zenkiDori
Zilvia Junkie

zenkiDori is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zenkiDori
Quote:
Hi other 240SX owners! I got my 1990 240SX last year and I live in CO. I hope i'm welcomed here! SR20DET is comin' soon. I'm not that rich and I still have a lot of years in college. My car may not be the greatest/fastest/sexiest car out there. I'm also a newbie at cars. I'd like to know more about my car and hopefully I don't get flamed by asking dumb questions. Because seriously, I don't have any knowledge about this car. It's going to be a daily driver car. I don't want it to be that fast or a show stopper. I want it to look like as OEM as possible. I'll probably start asking questions as soon as i'm done lookin' at some important threads here! Again, I thank you for this site! Kudos!
hey welcome man! i'm in Colorado too! where are you at? if you need a good shop recommendation for the SR swap just ask.

PS the KA is a GREAT engine!

Zenki FC3S
Zenki RHS13
zenkiDori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:10 PM   #22
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Welcome. Biotch.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #23
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
Welcome to the zilv. Im also from CO. Whereabouts are you from in CO?
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:12 AM   #24
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

Grand Junction man, then sometimes i'm at Denver. Freakin' Hon-duhs (Hehehe, thanks). Well, they love drag racing, I guess I should stop posting there. May I know if Nissan's are also good drag cars?

EDIT: I only saw two silvia's/240's in Grand Junction. One was like it should be save by me or another nissan guy and the other one's the blue silvia that I always see parked near Mesa Mall.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:56 AM   #25
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
Quote:
Grand Junction man, then sometimes i'm at Denver. Freakin' Hon-duhs (Hehehe, thanks). Well, they love drag racing, I guess I should stop posting there. May I know if Nissan's are also good drag cars?
RWD... what do you think? nah, they're only good for drift. that's all.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #26
driftracer
Premium Member

driftracer is making a name for him/her selfdriftracer is making a name for him/her selfdriftracer is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to driftracer Send a message via MSN to driftracer
Welcome to Zilvia
driftracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #27
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh ok. But Drifting > Drag. Hehe.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:17 PM   #28
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Oh ok. But Drifting > Drag. Hehe.
whatever you want to do with the car, you can set up your suspension to compensate. welcome . grip>drag>drift. drifting is effing stupid .

P.S. I love my honduh.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:29 PM   #29
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
Well, since you are from the same town as myself, double welcome!!!
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:52 PM   #30
gonzoes14k
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
gonzoes14k is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gonzoes14k Send a message via Yahoo to gonzoes14k
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7
grip>drag>drift. drifting is effing stupid .
P.S. I love my honduh.
Well that’s not surprising from someone who is putting an rb in and who loves Honda. I do grip race too.