Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
archaeic_bloke

Trader Rating: (0)
archaeic_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
North America Imports, Its Slowly Slipping Away, Spread the word, Discuss & Educate

Hello All of my fellow Automotive enthusiasts...

Many of you, are by now aware that SOMETHING is going on in North America in relation to the whole Skyline import, Right hand drive car fiasco... There are those of us who love what we do, and are very passionate about our cars, and there are others that are trying to take away our dreams from us.

Recently one of our Authors @ The SkyLife has been deeply involved in the U.S. scandal involving illegally registered skylines, which are now being seized by the government one by one, Sean (the Author) has been trying very hard to get the message out there that people need to be aware that this is happening.

whether they think their car is legal or not, it just makes sense to inform yourself, and learn how to protect yourself. Sean has been offering advice to those in need and doing his best to get the word out there, as to which steps to follow to protect your cars.

Anyways, with all that going on, I ended up having a discussion with him about why Skylines are illegal in the USA, which made me realize that, what the U.S. has done, is not so different then what we are now going through here in Canada.

The motives seem all too familiar to be coincidence, heres the link to my Response: The Skylife: Author 2 Author: Response To "This is the reason the Nissan Skyline is illegal in the USA"

And heres the link to Sean's original post: This is the Reason the Nissan Skyline is Illegal in the US

Whether you think this will affect you or not is not the issue, a time may come when each one of us may come under fire for doing the things we love, when a small population of enthusiasts is under attack, I believe it is our duty as fellow enthusiasts to inform ourselves, spread the word, and most of all, EDUCATE the public who knows otherwise nothing of our passion, and show them that we are not the enemy, we are merely being cast in a negative light by those with vested interests in seeing our ability to continue doing what we love, diminished.

I'm posting this for all the reasons stated above, I'm not making any specific claims really, or judging anyone, I'm merely hoping that we can start the biggest discussion possible on this subject, get the word out there, and hopefully, by some miracle, influence public opinion on our cause.

For those of you in other parts of the world, I would REALLY like to hear what kind of grief if any you had to go through to register and plate your cars, and what sort of procedures you must follow to comply with regulation.

So, Post a response if you care and agree, but even more importantly post a response if you disagree, explain any perspective you may have, and if you can't be bothered to post for either for of those reasons. Then post to show your support for those who must stand in face of adversity, and pray that you are not one day in their position.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
mkezzo16
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mkezzo16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
In the end it all comes down to the money...Alot of times it is companies like mercedes benz that pay governments to change laws for their advantage. Same thing happened when marijuana (hemp) plants were outlawed. Not due to smoking, but they can be used to create many other things . LOOK IT UP
mkezzo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
archaeic_bloke

archaeic_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed ^^ Especially on the Hemp thing, watched many documentaries on the subject and was blown away by what I Learned... turns out that laws are not necessarily law for the public, but often law is law for the betterment of someone whos paying for it to be that way
Old 03-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
People shouldn't be importing this shit in the first place.

I mean, I wish we COULD, because I'd have an ST205 GT Four.....but we can't, so I don't.

Every time I see someone with an S15 stateside that's "legal", I want to say "until it gets crushed by DOT". It sucks, but if you illegally import something and it gets seized, you're not going to get a lot of sympathy from me. Do your due diligence.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
RHD = over rated
Old 03-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I feel bad for the people who had imported and paid good money for a DOT "legal" Skyline only for the government to come to their houses to take them away.

Grey market imports are another story. You can take the chance, but personally I wouldn't do it. In Canada, there are a few places selling grey import cars that they are stating as "legal" and I still wouldn't take the chance. Those places are going to mess it up for the rest of us. They are already cracking down as it is.

I'm going to import a S15 once they are legal come 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
RHD = over rated
I thought we were cool
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
The only DOT-legal imported Nissans in the US, AFAIK, are a few Motorex-converted R33's with federal papers, and those aren't getting seized.

Are they cracking down in Canada also?

I never hear about people's imported CTR's and ITR's getting seized/crushed. I guess they just get stolen before that can happen, lol.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
if you just have one as a track car, no street use are they still being seized?
ZenkiCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganRunner View Post
The only DOT-legal imported Nissans in the US, AFAIK, are a few Motorex-converted R33's with federal papers, and those aren't getting seized.
Ah good to know...

Quote:
Are they cracking down in Canada also?
Nah not yet. There's the "RHD are not safe for our roads" movement, but that's about it. I'm more worried about shops importing everything under the sun just for the cash, and getting the rules changed for the rest of us who want to do it legally.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiCam View Post
if you just have one as a track car, no street use are they still being seized?
no
Quote:
I never hear about people's imported CTR's and ITR's getting seized/crushed. I guess they just get stolen before that can happen, lol.
it really has to deal with the car its self, you can import an ITR and easily vin-swap it but still have an ITR. Can't really do that with a skyline

As well as, ITR might have met some standards for the American market, seeing as they did sell integra's and civics here - where as skylines were only in japan pretty much so they didn't deal with making them meet any standards for foreign markets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I thought we were cool
you are in my heart :ghey:
Old 03-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #11
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Quote:
no

it really has to deal with the car its self, you can import an ITR and easily vin-swap it but still have an ITR. Can't really do that with a skyline

As well as, ITR might have met some standards for the American market, seeing as they did sell integra's and civics here - where as skylines were only in japan pretty much so they didn't deal with making them meet any standards for foreign markets

you are in my heart :ghey:
and you are sure about that? cause ive heard both.. i heard they are still seizing them even if they arent being driven cause they were brought in illegally in the first place. id like some conformation on this.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #12
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

^^ They're coming down on Honda's as well now? I Thought is was not as bad as the US/Japanese models are rather similar? (compliance for road use in the US)
Old 03-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #13
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
and you are sure about that? cause ive heard both.. i heard they are still seizing them even if they arent being driven cause they were brought in illegally in the first place. id like some conformation on this.
when i was really into this a couple years ago is when i read that info - i haven't followed up on it since but i guess it makes sense.

To my knowledge though, they won't take the car if it isn't registered to drive on the street. If you bring it in through customs as a Track car then it's fine, its when you say its for parts/track and register it that it becomes a problem.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #14
joshls2
Leaky Injector

joshls2 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkezzo16 View Post
In the end it all comes down to the money...Alot of times it is companies like mercedes benz that pay governments to change laws for their advantage. Same thing happened when marijuana (hemp) plants were outlawed. Not due to smoking, but they can be used to create many other things . LOOK IT UP
Quote:
Originally Posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
Agreed ^^ Especially on the Hemp thing, watched many documentaries on the subject and was blown away by what I Learned... turns out that laws are not necessarily law for the public, but often law is law for the betterment of someone whos paying for it to be that way
have you two heard of the senate Bill S510 yet??... those no-life-having fuckers in our government are actually trying(with a straight face)to make it illegal to grow our own natural backyard food gardens.. and yes, ANY type of food.. the bill is named: the food safety modernization Act. you guys should have a look at that insane grab for power..
joshls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #15
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
when i was really into this a couple years ago is when i read that info - i haven't followed up on it since but i guess it makes sense.

To my knowledge though, they won't take the car if it isn't registered to drive on the street. If you bring it in through customs as a Track car then it's fine, its when you say its for parts/track and register it that it becomes a problem.

but on a car that's already here in the US you are out of luck are you not?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
Z28ricer
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Z28ricer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
I never hear about people's imported CTR's and ITR's getting seized/crushed.
Because those cars CAN be legally imported, the same vehicle was offered here, just like with supras, youre required to install US parts, for crash safety standards, effectively making the vehicle the same car as was offered here, the skyline was never offered here, and thus CANNOT be made legal.
Z28ricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28ricer View Post
Because those cars CAN be legally imported, the same vehicle was offered here, just like with supras, youre required to install US parts, for crash safety standards, effectively making the vehicle the same car as was offered here, the skyline was never offered here, and thus CANNOT be made legal.
Sooooo...you're telling me that I CAN have an ST205 GT-Four?

What the fuck am I doing owning a Nissan then?

Old 03-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #18
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Sooooo...you're telling me that I CAN have an ST205 GT-Four?

What the fuck am I doing owning a Nissan then?
lol looks like you failed at google. if the car has a US counterpart and you can swap over all the US DOT EPA equipment over its rather simple to pass. that's how i registered my Silvia back in the day. did the oem 240sx front end, back bumper beam, doors, mirrors, glass, and USDM Speedo and did a KA Swap with full equipment. after i got my tags. put the SR back in it and went to town. keep in mind this is when people used to throw KA's away or sell them for like 200$ complete running.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #19
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
but on a car that's already here in the US you are out of luck are you not?
if it was previously used as a street car then it'll come up and be flagged. If you bought it from someone who imported it and used it solely as a track car then nothing will come up. Just how teams can have r32/4 all the time yet not get mixed up with this - because usually they bring it in themselves and it never see's the streets.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #20
mkezzo16
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
mkezzo16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshls2 View Post
have you two heard of the senate Bill S510 yet??... those no-life-having fuckers in our government are actually trying(with a straight face)to make it illegal to grow our own natural backyard food gardens.. and yes, ANY type of food.. the bill is named: the food safety modernization Act. you guys should have a look at that insane grab for power..

Wow I didnt know that, not surprised though..they lose alot of many to people who grow their own foods...next they're going to try to outlaw private farms and organic food.
mkezzo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #21
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Wow I didnt know that, not surprised though..they lose alot of many to people who grow their own foods...next they're going to try to outlaw private farms and organic food.
if this goes through I'm moving back to mexico. fuck the bullshit

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #22
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
i fucking hate america sometimes. Our country was founded on all the wrong ideals.

Call me a socialist but i think capitalism is bullshit. Especially since if you have no capital you get shit on.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #23
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
the whole 'organic food' thing is kind of fucked up as well. You have to pay to certify your product as organically grown, so only operations of a certain size (read; large) can afford it, it has little to do with the quality of the product that they are producing.

Also, the large farming operations that sell to the major chain supermarkets have to meet a certain requirement for cleanliness and are therefore required by law to inspect their crops a certain number of times, test water, etc., but there is very little actually observation of their practices. This means that one grower can claim that they go above and beyond the requirements in order to obtain contracts with the distributers, regardless of whether they actually do or not, because no one is actually checking.

In summation the system is extremely biased in favor of large corporations. Just like in every other aspect of this country i guess. That is just a bias that our system has.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #24
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
i fucking hate america sometimes. Our country was founded on all the wrong ideals.

Call me a socialist but i think capitalism is bullshit. Especially since if you have no capital you get shit on.
You think it's capitalism?

Don't make me laugh. Capitalism lowers prices, creates no barriers to entry except those imposed by intelligence and innovation, and raises the quality of life for every person who enters the market.

How is any form of government intervention in a market considered capitalism, or the failure thereof? You've been spoon-fed ignorance and stupidity and somehow managed to like the taste.

There is collusion between the government and large businesses to drive other businesses out of the market, creating cartels and advancing a form of fascism known to Americans as "health and safety regulations." These regulations decrease options available to you and me and result in loss of purchasing power.

Capitalism would've welcomed any and all grey market cars as simply supply meeting a demand, and Mercedes-Benz (along with BMW and the rest of the manufacturers) would have had to adapt to the change in market condition. Instead, they went crying to big daddy Yankee and had him put a stop to a little freedom in the name of MBZ's tax and campaign contribution money.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #25
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
"RHD are not safe for our roads" movement, but that's about it.

seriously there's a group of ppl that devote their time so something like that? how freakin' stupid. if RHD cars are so dangerous then they should start with the post office since their delivery cars ARE RIGHT HAND DRIVE
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #26
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
You think it's capitalism?

Don't make me laugh. Capitalism lowers prices, creates no barriers to entry except those imposed by intelligence and innovation, and raises the quality of life for every person who enters the market.
You must wake up every morning and read Ayn Rand then jack off to Glenn Beck every night, huh?

Capitalism (like any other economic system) is an idea that, if it is realized in its entirety, will fail. No economic system in the world is purely capitalistic, and pure capitalism is just as pie-in-the-sky unrealistic as pure communism. There is a continuum and every real-world system falls somewhere in the middle.

In reality capitalism does not raise the quality of life of everyone, it INHERENTLY widens the gap between the rich and the poor. Why do you think its called CAPITALism? Because those with the capital drive it and in the end benefit more than those that do not control the capital. A LOT more. This has played it self out time and time again throughout history. Pick a economic system that is based on unregulated free markets at any point in human history, read about it, and then get back to me about how that system collapsed.

And it almost inherently does create barriers for people to enter markets, but i'll address that when responding to your next point...

Quote:
How is any form of government intervention in a market considered capitalism, or the failure thereof? You've been spoon-fed ignorance and stupidity and somehow managed to like the taste.

There is collusion between the government and large businesses to drive other businesses out of the market, creating cartels and advancing a form of fascism known to Americans as "health and safety regulations." These regulations decrease options available to you and me and result in loss of purchasing power.
Now, government intervention in and of itself might not be a tenant of capitalism, but it is absolutely necessary for it to function properly in the real world. You say that government and large business work hand in hand to drive other business out of the market, you are partly correct. But guess what, monopolies are a naturally occurring phenomenon in capitalistic systems, they are almost inevitable in most industries. Government’s role is supposed to be the regulation and dismantling of monopolies in order to promote competition in the market. Without the trust-breakers within the US government at the turn of the century do you honestly believe that the only thing stopping new competitors from taking market share away from Standard Oil was “intelligence and innovation”?? That is ridiculous.

The fact that you call health regulations fascist really sheds light on how ignorant you are. Go read Upton Sinclair’s The Jungle and then get back to me about how “fascist” health regulation is. I doubt you even know the definition of fascism or the history behind that ideology.

Quote:
Capitalism would've welcomed any and all grey market cars as simply supply meeting a demand, and Mercedes-Benz (along with BMW and the rest of the manufacturers) would have had to adapt to the change in market condition. Instead, they went crying to big daddy Yankee and had him put a stop to a little freedom in the name of MBZ's tax and campaign contribution money.
You are kind of correct here, but you are missing and important point; it is important for government to regulate to SOME degree. Go watch a crash test of a Chinese made vehicle and tell me you are alright with those things driving around on US roads. The fact that this country allows for a minimum level of safety is a benefit to us. Overregulation is a different story though, and I believe the government currently over-regulates in this area, not so much with crash test standards (because it affects the safety of the driver and whoever the driver hits) but more so with environmental standards.

The point that people like you always miss is that the world is an extremely complicated place. Simple concepts like unregulated free markets might sound great (especially when some rich motherfucker is trying to convince you of its unquestionable superiority to other systems), but you have to read about how different economic systems have worked in the past to form a realistic conclusion about the role that government should play. People act like the United States is some ground breaking new form of government with a ground breaking new form of economic system, but its is far from it. Too much or too little government will always be a difficult balance to strike, but NEITHER extreme is desirable in anyway. Unless you are a dictator of the head of a large corporation that is…
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #27
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Honestly, skylines are overrated. But thats besides the point.

I still think 'they' should focus on teaching people how to drive properly. AKA, put them through the BMW driver training or something that teaches you how to have control sideways etc. Everyone should have this type of driving to get a basic license.

I can take the safest car in the world and take out a school bus of children if I was so inclined; and kill everyone in my car at the same time.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:19 PM   #28
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
You all should look up the "Gate's 959".

Capitalism isn't at work. No amount of money could get that car free.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #29
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
The Gates 959 was still imported for someones private collection which is what the law stated. Not that the car was allowed to be driven on public roads.

That law, was funded by someone. That someone, was Bill Gates
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #30
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
The car was allowed to be driven on public roads, up to 2,500 miles per year.

Definately not a daily driver, but its atleast legal.