Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #61
Waylayer

Trader Rating: (0)
Waylayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There are good and bad. Once I was speeding 60 in a 45 angot pulled over. Cop was nice and calm. Told me I was going to fast and wrote me a ticket and gave me back my license.(chicago)

Another time I got pulled over for speeding 50 in a 35 and a cop pulled me out of the car with his gun in his hand. He ripped my car apart because I aparently was a drug lord..... (ohio)

I got no problems with cops I just try my best to be polite and curtius.
Waylayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #62
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9K∙RACING™ View Post
I was referring to Los angeles county, I had a discussion with one of my dad's CHP buddy's and he said he would rather give as many ticket as possible then have a budget cut remove one of his friends from the force. He even got an advisory to not allow any "warnings", every person who gets pulled over by his CHP department has to receive some type of ticket.
So that certain CHP station has a quota, gotcha. Yes I'm aware of LASD being los angeles county, however I have several family members who are LASD and none of them have a damn ticket quota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylayer View Post
There are good and bad. Once I was speeding 60 in a 45 angot pulled over. Cop was nice and calm. Told me I was going to fast and wrote me a ticket and gave me back my license.(chicago)

Another time I got pulled over for speeding 50 in a 35 and a cop pulled me out of the car with his gun in his hand. He ripped my car apart because I aparently was a drug lord..... (ohio)

I got no problems with cops I just try my best to be polite and curtius.
Note to myself, never visit Ohio lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #63
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
I love how most people on Zilvia and most other car forums post only the few "bad" cops, yet never praise the rest of the millions of good cops who are out protecting your guy's ass day in and day out. with little to no thanks from any of you, yet your all quick to say.

"fuck the police."
Yes.

Fuck them ALL.

If I am FORCED to give up my rights to someone else they have to prove themselves to me. Until then . . .
They literally are organized crime and if you try to muscle in or go against them they will crack your head.

I have not once had any law enforcement officer to a single good thing for me or a family member or friend.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #64
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
YouTube - US police wage war on cameras
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpCSfPUyfeU

Guess you can go to jail if you film the cop doing wrong as well.. seriously fcck the law *when it is in the wrong*
Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #65
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

Guess you can go to jail if you film the cop doing wrong as well.. seriously fcck the law *when it is in the wrong*
Thats pretty rediculous, what kind of freedom is that when you can't film a cop if they're in the wrong? I understand the laws are there to protect the police but if they can't be held accountable for when they fuck up, it seems like some would feel they're invincible. Like that jackass who pulled up on the guy on the bike, was it really necessary to pull your gun out? I'm sure a simple flash of the badge would've done its job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #66
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so it's illegal to video a cop in the wrong? I wonder if it would be overturned if they found a video of a cop getting beaten by gang members. "i'm sorry judge, but the video pertaining to the death of officer X can't be shown because it is violating section code "go fuck yourself"....

anyone moving to another country?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #67
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

That whole video is bullshit. The kids potential sentence, that cop that killed that kid and got two years (makes me sick to my stomach), and last the narrator sounds like he is partially retarded.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #68
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
im not familar with that news source, a friend posted it in facebook, seems like a low budget news source from looking at their youtube vids and the newscaster on that vid sounds like he is reading some cards
Old 01-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #69
HyperTek
Post Whore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK3u-C__4T8
This explains the motorcycle vid.. The cops really shouldnt have raided his home just cuz of the video and saying it interferes with wire tapping laws.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #70
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Jeremy Marks "Attempted Lynching" Case Reaction - Page 1 - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly

Needless facts are. Filmed Cop being abusive. Allegedly shouted "kick her ass" or not. He's currently spent 8 months in jail awaiting trial and being charged with a felony. They're offering him a 3 year plea deal.

So unless you've got the money to pay the bondsman and have a lawyer, you should shut up and keep the video off.

Edit: reread the article. The kid that is filming is a "special needs" student. Have cops really stepped so low to lock up a retard for 3 years? If I was that mom I'd make that cop a parapalegic for trying to ruin her sons life. Felony convictions haunt you.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #71
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
Needless facts are. Filmed Cop being abusive. Allegedly shouted "kick her ass" or not. He's currently spent 8 months in jail awaiting trial and being charged with a felony. They're offering him a 3 year plea deal.

So unless you've got the money to pay the bondsman and have a lawyer, you should shut up and keep the video off.

Edit: reread the article. The kid that is filming is a "special needs" student. Have cops really stepped so low to lock up a retard for 3 years? If I was that mom I'd make that cop a parapalegic for trying to ruin her sons life. Felony convictions haunt you.
"shut[ing] up and keep[ing] the video off" is definitely not the solution. You should probably hide the fact your filming, but the only way these abuses will stop is if people film it and expose it. Film it and then release the video anonymously. Thats the only way to force cops to change their behavior.

Unless you are in a situation in which you are witnesses a cop abusing his/her power in that way though, i suggest avoiding them as much as you possibly can, especially because of the cars that we drive as zilvians. I have had my fair share of encounters with cops, never once have i dealt with one that was in the least bit respectful or courteous. "But thats not a cops job blah blah blah". Fuck that. They are humans and when a human interacts with another human in a situation as benign as a traffic stop, the LEAST a cop can do is act with a slight bit of respect. Does that ever happen? No. I've had cops mockingly speak spanish to friends of mine, giggling the whole time as we were handcuffed on the curb. FUCK THAT. In what other human interaction would conduct like that be acceptable? The answer is none.

Most cops (obviously not all) go into that job because they want to have power over other people in a way that they could not get in other jobs. Jobs of that kind inherently attract people that are likely to abuse their power, thats just a fact of life. The best thing we as citizens can do is observe and record their actions as much as we can in order to curb their abuses. We are increasingly living in a society in which this is possible, and we need to take advantage of it.

In response to the edit: that is the kind of response that we should have, god knows i would want to beat the living shit out of that cop, but since physically retaliating isn't an option, the next best thing we can do is record and expose the behavior. Thats really our only viable option.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #72
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
fuck the police.

Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #73
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
fuck the police.
That too...
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 AM   #74
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Police Kill Naked Man: LAPD Officers Shoot, Kill Half-Naked Man in Playa Vista - ktla.com

They shot a naked man who attacked them, killing him.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #75
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
So what should the officers do, continue to fist fight, potentially loose their firearm and get shot themselves?

I find it funny how so many would rather police just get their ass kicked, instead of keeping control.

I have ZERO sympathy for those who attack police, regardless.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #76
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
So what should the officers do, continue to fist fight, potentially loose their firearm and get shot themselves?

YES

They have the training, weapons, and numbers. If there was ever a time that a tazer could be the right thing to do . . .
Old 02-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #77
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
YES

They have the training, weapons, and numbers. If there was ever a time that a tazer could be the right thing to do . . .
If there is anything I can 'add' from the professional side of things, there are times where all of the training in the world does not make a single bit of difference in how you need to handle things. Who's to say they had tazers? Who's to say there weren't other things going on?

By your statement, you'd rather see a dead police officer, killed by a wild man in a fist fight. What sort of training could anyone possibly have that could work if you're being overpowered by someone else, or loosing control? It's not always so perfect as you wish it was. I only could have WISHED that people we detained reacted like we were trained 100% of the time.

If there is anything I find funny about people who comment about cop/enforcement/military stories, is that it's much like sports writers on Monday morning...everyone is a pro about what 'should have been done' when they have no experience themselves.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 02-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #78
M1ndDr1ft

M1ndDr1ft is an unknown quantity at this point
the guy getting beat on the first one kinda looks like John Otto from Limp Bizkit lol
M1ndDr1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #79
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
If there is anything I can 'add' from the professional side of things, there are times where all of the training in the world does not make a single bit of difference in how you need to handle things. Who's to say they had tazers? Who's to say there weren't other things going on?

By your statement, you'd rather see a dead police officer, killed by a wild man in a fist fight. What sort of training could anyone possibly have that could work if you're being overpowered by someone else, or loosing control? It's not always so perfect as you wish it was. I only could have WISHED that people we detained reacted like we were trained 100% of the time.

If there is anything I find funny about people who comment about cop/enforcement/military stories, is that it's much like sports writers on Monday morning...everyone is a pro about what 'should have been done' when they have no experience themselves.
Your job is to make sure people see a trial for their crimes. That is it. If you can't handle that with out killing any one you deem to difficult you should hang it up. Despite what they tell you guys in the academy and union meetings there are plenty of others willing to do the job.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #80
kuelee
Zilvia Member

kuelee is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL after he realize the dude had a camera hooked up... the cop says you started it..what a bitch.. And the cop calms the fuck down..omg. I would report this crap to the station..
kuelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #81
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Your job is to make sure people see a trial for their crimes. That is it. If you can't handle that with out killing any one you deem to difficult you should hang it up. Despite what they tell you guys in the academy and union meetings there are plenty of others willing to do the job.
Did cops pick on you or something?

Law enforcment is just that; enforcement. Application of that veries between us all. If anything I've learned in life, is that only in America are criminals as 'cocky' as they are, as they essentially know they can't be harmed. Johnny Jihad in Irbil doesn't know a lick of english, but point a M16 at him and tell him 'down' and it's amazing how fast they comply. Point a pistol as John Smith in South Side Philly and he's gonna continue to run as he can bet 99.7 percent of the time that he's not gonna be shot.

...and people wonder why we have so many repeat offenders...

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting unwarrented/unaccountable behaivor of cops and so forth...by all means do I firmly support keeping them in check and on their A-Game. It's just a shame that a few bad cases ruin the reputation of so many good ones.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #82
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Unfortunately that few is growing to the point that I'd rather not call the police for anything.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:23 AM   #83
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Old 02-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #84
chucky norris
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
chucky norris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chucky norris
^^^i will keep that in mind
gracias
Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #85
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Unfortunately that few is growing to the point that I'd rather not call the police for anything.
That's like saying you'll never drink beer again after having one bad one...

Old 02-22-2011, 06:59 AM   #86
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
I think that's a decently fair thing to keep in mind, and something that many of these 'fuck the police' people tend to foget when they are pulled over.

The biggest thing is to remain calm, and be compliant...but to know your rights. Regardless of personal opinion, if you just act accordingly, usually experiences with police will go quickly/easily. It's when people become 'street lawyers' that it all goes south quickly.

Much like those who think all cops suck over one bad one....think about it from the perspective of teh police....one crazy meth head at 3AM sort of can make a cop very very different for the rest of his 3AM pullovers...it sucks, but being proactive keeps you alive...being complacent gets you killed.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #87
jacobs13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jacobs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
^^^ I cant stress enough on not saying anything to a cop unless your lawyer is present or whatever. I got into some trouble and a frien ended up telling on himself and I wentdown with him becuase I had no proof to not be involved. When my lawyer read me the police report the officer had twisted it around so much but there was nothing I could do about it because who's word are they gonna take mine or the officers? All in all try not to talk it wont help most of the time.
jacobs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #88
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
That's like saying you'll never drink beer again after having one bad one...
It's like saying I wont drink beer again after repeated bad beer over years of trying to get decent beer.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #89
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
I'm skeptical about the part that suggests you tell the copper 'DO NOT CONSENT TO THE SEARCH' (of your car).
Thought cops didn't need to have a warrant for that, and they could pull over & search whatever car they wanted.
Well yes, there needs to be a suspected violation, but any cop can & probably will make that up.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #90
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I'm skeptical about the part that suggests you tell the copper 'DO NOT CONSENT TO THE SEARCH' (of your car).
Thought cops didn't need to have a warrant for that, and they could pull over & search whatever car they wanted.
Well yes, there needs to be a suspected violation, but any cop can & probably will make that up.
Plane view and Probable Cause.

PV is he can look at any open space that is accessible to the driver. So yes, he can tell you to get out, pick up the goodie on the back seat and look under your floor mats et al. If your glove box is unlocked a judge may let that slide if he looks in there too. He can't ask you to pop the hood of trunk without PC, a warrant or "emergency situation" (like kicking from the trunk).

PC is not "my feeling", but concrete suspension and logical reasoning.

Example, in his plane view search, he sees a bullet casing or a bong/pipe.

The casing could cause the suspicion you own or are in possession of s fire arm and it may have been fired in or near the car. Needless to say you may be breaking many laws, illegal possession, illegal carry, stole firearm, illegal discharge....so he'll be popping that trunk and patting you down.

Bong, pipe, tools of the trade to users and seller of illegal drugs...why else would you have them? You don't carry condoms when practicing abstinence. Enjoy the search.

Bottom live keep a clean orderly car, keep your paper work organized and up to date. Be respectful, coherent and if you look a stereo type (gangsta, hill rat, spoiled hipster, illegal et al) don't be surprised that your treated like the stereo type and try and break that preconceived expectation.

Also, don't go throwing the law in the pigs face and spouting off gibberish about rights like you watch to much CSI. It'll piss him off and he'll make your life suck that much more. Let him pop your trunk with no warrant, PC ect... It'll get thrown out in court unless he proves inevitable discovery in which case your dull going before the Magistrate so stop whining.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote