Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
I thought the reason for getting coilovers was for a stiff suspension??
LOL what is all this misinformation being spread here?

Are you the guys that buy your KSports and just turn the dampening knob to 32?

"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"

No. You do know there's a balance to be had right? And in fact for grip a softer suspension can be key because your tires aren't bouncing and skipping everywhere because of your 10414kg Megan Racing Track springs and your 64 way adjustable Tiens are set to 64.

I'm not going to go into crazy detail cause I'm a noob in suspension land, but I'm sure someone that has half a brain here can chime in.

Smooth coilovers I have ridden in

s13 coupe (mine) - Silkroad / Section RM/A8 - Very nice, I daily it all the time, the shocks are getting a little worn now, but really very smooth when I got them. I run about 3 clicks in back and 4 up front (out of 8). Very little compression and body roll even at that setting, yet it absorbs bumps with ease. At the track it's awesome. I could use some front sway bars but I have no complaints about the shocks themselves.

S14 - K*Bee - Rode in my friends, slammed and dialed pretty soft, very smooth. Not a lot of movement either. Dampened the bumps very well.

Worst I've ridden in:

Tein HE s14 - Do not buy these.
Megan Racing S14 - Do not buy these.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links