Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-18-2023, 07:37 PM   #691
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsupra View Post
Such a clean engine bay, great work!
Thank you for the kind words. It needs to be cleaned, desperately, but once all the mock up is complete, I?ll tear it all out, push her outside and bath it.

I?m slowly picking away at things. I was trying to find replacement hoses to suit the S14 SR coolant hard pipes. Multiple trips to the AutoZone store to find hoses that fit only to completely change every thing and waste money. Oh well.

I decided I wanted to clean that mess of hoses and hard pipes up and realized the S13 coolant lines were best suited for this. While I didn?t acquire S13 hardlines, I did fab my own pipe and reused a portion of the S14 hardlines.

This frees up so much space under the intake manifold in areas I need it. Remember, I still have the VVL solenoids to mount, as well as the VTC solenoid, so space is a premium. I also want to use SS bent hardlines to tidy things up and give it a semi-OEM feel. With that, I have to mount my solenoid block motor side, as mounting it in the previous location means flexible lines.

On to the pictures?

Old 03-19-2023, 11:20 AM   #692
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
still utilizing the oem knock sensor? looks like a bitch to get your fingers in there now.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:31 AM   #693
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
still utilizing the oem knock sensor? looks like a bitch to get your fingers in there now.
It will be upgraded to a Bosch unit, but it will reside in the factory location.

There is more room than you can see in the photo. Also, how often do you replace a knock sensor?
Old 03-20-2023, 04:51 PM   #694
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
It will be upgraded to a Bosch unit, but it will reside in the factory location.

There is more room than you can see in the photo. Also, how often do you replace a knock sensor?
I don't run one lol. But my brand new one has been sitting in a box for about 11 years.
Old 03-20-2023, 05:02 PM   #695
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don't run one lol. But my brand new one has been sitting in a box for about 11 years.
😂. I will have one just so the tuner can hear knock, but I?m not concerned with tying it into the ECU. I have EGT sensors for each cylinder.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:50 AM   #696
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
😂. I will have one just so the tuner can hear knock, but I?m not concerned with tying it into the ECU. I have EGT sensors for each cylinder.
What's the reasoning behind not running knock sensors? The new bosch units are very well tuned to not have false knock readings, and what happens if you get a batch of bad fuel?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 11:39 AM   #697
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
What's the reasoning behind not running knock sensors? The new bosch units are very well tuned to not have false knock readings, and what happens if you get a batch of bad fuel?
Andy, my generation ECU couldn?t read the factory sensor when we tuned it last time and they cannot read a wideband knock sensor anyway. Once I switch to an Elite, it will be hooked up.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:23 PM   #698
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I have solid motor mounts, stock knock sensor threw knock falsely and my car ran like shit. I run a stock engine, if I get a bad batch of gas it is what it is. Cars ran fine for 12 years.

Pretty much everything JR is doing I'll do to my vvl motor when it's time.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:02 PM   #699
babillaracing
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
babillaracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Car coming along really nice

618 whp tuned by alpha
babillaracing is offline   Reply With Quote