Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 08-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #31
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Who cares? nobody here can afford one let alone very few have been financially responsible enough not to get raped on an auto loan and the last thing they would buy is a Nissan 240sx brand new for 30k fully loaded.

That's why the 240sx died out in the first place, lack luster performance in an overpriced non luxurious package. People are buying smart cars and eco cars left and right, nobody likes high gas prices or expensive registration.

New cars have all of that.

The G25 should've been out a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time ago to compete with the IS250 lexus offers. I still would like the version with 100 more horsepower but honestly I'd trade the horsepower for the luxury and knowing when a cop is behind me I can breath a sigh or relieve instead of betting myself I'm going to get pulled over.
The Voice of reason. I could not agree more with you Wayne.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #32
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Well I think ppl are looking for something closer to the Silvia than the ho-hum 240sx.
Sort of like a Nissan equivalent of the Genesis @ similar price point.

Are G35/G37 owners really having that much trouble with cops?!
I'm doubtful they'll make an exception for the car just because it has the 2.5
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #33
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Who cares? nobody here can afford one let alone very few have been financially responsible enough not to get raped on an auto loan and the last thing they would buy is a Nissan 240sx brand new for 30k fully loaded.
This makes your statement false right off the bat. I for one just got a HUGE raise. I could have afforded one before but I'm choosing NOT to buy a new car right now.

Quote:
That's why the 240sx died out in the first place, lack luster performance in an overpriced non luxurious package.
That is true, but that was then. The same reason killed the Z, and look at it now. Hell the number of supercars sold even in the 80's when everyone was loaded and coked up doesn't even compare to the amount sold now.

Quote:
People are buying smart cars and eco cars left and right, nobody likes high gas prices or expensive registration.
That's what the media wants you to think but SUV and Truck sales are on the way UP again and hybrid sales, etc are on the way down. Meanwhile the CUV market which was supposed to be the next big thing hasn't even come close to meeting the targets expect in just a few instances. These are FACTS, not my opinion.

Quote:
The G25 should've been out a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng time ago to compete with the IS250 lexus offers. I still would like the version with 100 more horsepower but honestly I'd trade the horsepower for the luxury and knowing when a cop is behind me I can breath a sigh or relieve instead of betting myself I'm going to get pulled over.
This I agree with completely.

My point was that Nissan that much of the argument on here why Nissan doesn't com out with a new SX is because they can't or won't because it is too expensive. This car is a perfect example of how easily they can. They've already had a concept with a shortened FM platform and now they show they have the perfect engine.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #34
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Ultimately the G25 is nothing more then something to get people in the showroom. Yes, they will probably sell a fare amount, but it will be a good tool to use to upsell people to the G37. By offering something at only a marginally lower price but substantially less features it makes the more expensive product look like a better deal. It's something that is an integral part of the sales game. Trust me I know these games like the back of my hand.
I agree. but lets not forget that Nissan also likes to spread their engines around. In an Infiniti it might be an up-sale tool, but as such, bringing in the new engine would not be profitable. Unless, they were to use it in various applications.

Subaru and mitsubishi did it(3 levels of impreza and lancer). what about 2 levels of maxima? 2 levels of rouge 4 and 6cyl? 2 levels of murano 210bhp and 300bhp? etc. etc. etc.

unfortunately no new car will be dubbed an SX, as that was an old chassis. if the used the Z chassis it might be the 250FM! lol

either way, I'm excited.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #35
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post
I agree. but lets not forget that Nissan also likes to spread their engines around. In an Infiniti it might be an up-sale tool, but as such, bringing in the new engine would not be profitable. Unless, they were to use it in various applications.

Subaru and mitsubishi did it(3 levels of impreza and lancer). what about 2 levels of maxima? 2 levels of rouge 4 and 6cyl? 2 levels of murano 210bhp and 300bhp? etc. etc. etc.

unfortunately no new car will be dubbed an SX, as that was an old chassis. if the used the Z chassis it might be the 250FM! lol

either way, I'm excited.
SX is just a place holder. It is not 100% synonymous with the S-Chassis. 250FM just doesn't mean anything to anyone other then enthusiasts, period. Where at least some consumers will remember the SX name.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #36
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
. 250FM just doesn't mean anything to anyone other then enthusiasts, period.
I know. hence the lol.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #37
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post
I know. hence the lol.
Oh, I missed that.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #38
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitos View Post
is it just me, or does the front end KINDA look like some 'S16' concept pics that were thrown around last year?

not saying that it looks exactly like it. but the general shapes and lines are similar
Crunchyroll - Forum - Nissan Silvia S16
Theres other pics but alot of them are on that link
That was never a 'S16 concept', it was just a photoshop of a G35 coupe.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:38 AM   #39
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
That was never a 'S16 concept', it was just a photoshop of a G35 coupe.
Ok then AZEAL Concept
the reason that i put in qutoations cus i knew it wasnt officially 's16' but the pics at the bottom of my original link look similar to that. and the AZEAL is directly from nissan. Doesnt say FWD or RWD but the 2.5 inline four would better fit a 250sx since the s-chassis is 4cyl not v6. and we would finally get turbo [:
Old 08-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #40
IStop4NoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
IStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
The Azeal concept is what lead to the modern Sentras, but it was in a 2 door configuration. Nissan is great at coming up with awesome concepts, but ditches the best parts to be more conservative. The Azeal was a big cock tease but has more in common with the b14 sentras than it does with a 240sx.
IStop4NoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #41
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Nissan has done a better job over the last 5 years at releasing production cars that are very close to their concepts (EX, Juke, GTR). But you can also say that those cars were not truly concepts anyway because in concept form they've been near production ready.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #42
Bigalow311
Zilvia Junkie

Bigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymoreBigalow311 is not welcome here anymore
great read. thanks all
Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #43
youradumb1
Zilvia Junkie

youradumb1 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats alot of cash for just eeehhhhhh
Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #44
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

remember people, $6,000 is $100 a month. And I know that the difference between $400 and $500 a month is huge.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #45
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
it's not bad to lease to G37 right now.
$3.3k-ish down and 330/month for 36.

I know I'd rather lease a G37 than finance a neutered G25.
But anyhow, 30k isn't chump change & there are some decent competitors at that range.
It's obviously not going to appeal to everyone.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #46
chnk

chnk is an unknown quantity at this point
the sx will be release when toyota comes out with another pre 2002 style soarer/sc
chnk is offline   Reply With Quote