Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #31
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhunter66 View Post
At the same time, any car with that type of performance will have high costs to keep it running. I don't know how the ZR1 is but I bet its also very expensive,
No denying the ZR1's costs, but lets all be serious...a Z06 is on GTR level...ZR1 is simply 'on another'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike81 View Post
With the GTR you can be just a slightly above average driver at the track and still go VERY fast.

I'll take the GTR for that very reason, I'm a decent performance driver at best, and I have no desire to spend the time or money to massively improve my skills. So for that one or two times a year I went to the track with my hypothetical 2012 GTR, I think I would have much more fun.
THe GTR will not hide a shitty driver, it will just cause his accident to be much more severe.

And your attitude simply sucks. 'I don't care to get better, I Just want to drive like a shmuck around track in a fast carand be mediocre' is awful.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #32
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Idk know that the GTR would really allow any driver to just shit out Ring record times.
Just because some cars are forgiving doesn't mean they're also easy to master.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #33
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Idk know that the GTR would really allow any driver to just shit out Ring record times.
Just because some cars are forgiving doesn't mean they're also easy to master.
Most certainly, but in the end, the GTR (while easy to go fast fo ra capable hot shoe), takes a very trained driver to go fast.

I'm no Mario Andretti, but I will say to go fast with AWD takes a very special drivfer...sure it can make anyone 'quick' but to go damn fast takes a certain skill.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 12-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #34
shadowhunter66
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
shadowhunter66 is making a name for him/her selfshadowhunter66 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All in all, all we know about the new GTR is that it goes 0-60 in 2.9 secs. That's it. We'll have to wait and see what other numbers it pulls when its tested.
So, I say lets not jump ahead and say that the GTR is better over the ZR1, vice versa. We'll just have to see a new comparison test. But for me, the way I look at it.. if I were going to buy either car (for me personally) I would'nt be upgrading the performance much since the reason I'm purchasing the car in the first place is that you get "out of the box" performance to start with and possibly down the road I'll add things little by little.
Either way, both cars are great value for what you get.. we're talking super car numbers for a lot less coin.
shadowhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #35
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Every professional ZR1/Z06 vs GTR review has said the GTR is much easier to drive fast than the Vette. Now of course to drive one at it's absolute is peak is going to take incredible skills in either car. But a novice can be faster and safer in the GTR according to all the pro testers.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #36
bftII40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
bftII40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Its just a very expensive video game guys.
bftII40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #37
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Every professional ZR1/Z06 vs GTR review has said the GTR is much easier to drive fast than the Vette. Now of course to drive one at it's absolute is peak is going to take incredible skills in either car. But a novice can be faster and safer in the GTR according to all the pro testers.
And a good driver will be faster in the Vette.

Hmmm.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #38
Popscribble
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
Popscribble is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
GTR vs ZR1
If I were to purchase either car based on the "fun factor", I'd go for the ZR1 hands down. If i wanted to go 0-60 in under 3 sec I'd throw on a 10 inch slick. I think the enthusiast would also lean more towards the ZR1, and leave the GTR for the ceo whos left foot has never touched a clutch . LOL
Popscribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #39
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
And a good driver will be faster in the Vette.

Hmmm.
Probably so, but only marginally. But the fact is, 99% of drivers, and probably a good 95%+ of track day junkies aren't good enough to drive either car to the limit. So it's a moot point unless we are talking about professional drivers.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #40
krankanator
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
krankanator is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
r35 is my dream car !!!!!!!! and i will have it some day lol !!!!
krankanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 AM   #41
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popscribble View Post
GTR vs ZR1
If I were to purchase either car based on the "fun factor", I'd go for the ZR1 hands down. If i wanted to go 0-60 in under 3 sec I'd throw on a 10 inch slick. I think the enthusiast would also lean more towards the ZR1, and leave the GTR for the ceo whos left foot has never touched a clutch . LOL
This shows just how much you do not know about double clutch semi automatic trans. Just because it does not have a clutch pedal does not mean it drives like an automatic.

Seriously I get so tired of the punk asses that whine about paddle shifters and no clutch pedal. Are you even man enough to handle lightening fast gear changes? Have you ever driven a F1 car? Do you even realize this transmission is basically a F1 transmission. ? Mostly like no to those questions and that shows in your ignorant statement you make above.

To many people say that car drives itself. All of these people have never actually driven a GTR. I know many GTR owners and none feel the car drives itself.

I honestly think most people on those forum would not have the ability or the balls to drive the GTR at the limits it can be driven. Notice I said most and not all. There are a select few.

The rest need to shut the fuck up until they have actually driven one.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #42
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
GTR vs ZR1
Yeah, and then the 10" slick defeats the entire purpose that the car was built for, track racing.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #43
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
If I really wanted a fast car I wouldn't be complaining about plastic rocker panels, I'd be driving the damn thing... that being said;

Corvette ZR1:
0-60: 3.3 Seconds
1/4 Mile: 11.2 @ 135mph
Price: $110,000.00
Lap time on Top Gear Test track: 1.20.4

Nissan GT-R35:
0-60: 2.9 Seconds
1/4: 11.6 ('09 model Mph unknown)
Price: $90,000.00
Lap time on Top Gear Test track: 1.19.7 ('09 model)

Ariel Atom
0-60 2.9 Seconds
1/4: 10.6 @ 128.4
Price: $50,000.00
Lap time on Top Gear Test track: 1.19.5

I'll take the Atom, plus theres no crappy rocker panels, or cheap interior for anyone to complain about and even if you were complaining about anything, the engine noise would drown you out.
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:49 AM   #44
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

I think cars like the Ariel Atom really are the "ultimate driving machines."

But they are just as impractical as a motorcycle and will never be anything more than a toy. While it would be a bit of a waste, the GTR or ZR1 could both be used in daily driving.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #45
Popscribble
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
Popscribble is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I never said the transmission was junk nor did I say I didn't like it so if I'm ignorant your a dumbass that can't read. I've raced the gtr it shifts ridiculously fast. The way I see it with the power that it claims it shouldn't be as fast as it is. Maybe it's the tranny maybe it's not either way I stated my opinion about both cars. You assume too much drift freaq.
And that comment about the slicks, again read the post.
Popscribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #46
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I honestly think most people on those forum would not have the ability or the balls to drive the GTR at the limits it can be driven. Notice I said most and not all. There are a select few.
I'll be the first to admit that I think I"m a decent driver, and I goto 5-6 track days a year with my 240. (Pocono, Glen, NJMP, LR, Monticello etc etc...been to all of the Northeast tracks)

With that said, I will be the first to admit that even I do not think I have the balls to 'wring out' a GTR (or a ZR1) to their mechanical limit. They really do take a special driver, and a good one, to go fast.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Vettes are more capable cars, but in that same statement I'll also admit to 'cutting hairs' sort to speak there. It's also hard to compare a 600 hp 'light' car to a 400 hp 'heavy' one.

Also, I could give 2 shits if my car had a clutch. In theory, I'd love the GTR's gearbox in my 240...it would undoubtedly make me faster.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #47
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
I never said the transmission was junk nor did I say I didn't like it so if I'm ignorant your a dumbass that can't read. I've raced the gtr it shifts ridiculously fast. The way I see it with the power that it claims it shouldn't be as fast as it is. Maybe it's the tranny maybe it's not either way I stated my opinion about both cars. You assume too much drift freaq.
And that comment about the slicks, again read the post.

I read what you wrote and I assumed nothing. perhaps you should read your own posts and realize what they are saying. Perhaps you do not realize what you are saying in your own posts?
Read your comment about ceo's and the double clutch setup. You claim you have driven it yet a you make that ceo comment. You have know contradicted your own original statement.
Or you really do not have a clue about what most CEO's usually drive. LOL

Honestly having known CEO's of Fortune 500 companies most would not want to drive a GTR. They are more akin to SEL 500's, S320's , 740IL's and whatnot.

When you make the comment about the CEO and the paddle shifters you put yourself in the same catagory as the ignorant people who really have no experience with the car.
Maybe you did not intended it that way but that is the way it reads.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #48
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
When you make the comment about the CEO and the paddle shifters you put yourself in the same catagory as the ignorant people who really have no experience with the car.
Maybe you did not intended it that way but that is the way it reads.
No, you are right. 100 bucks he's a typical magazine sack rider who can't drive.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:40 AM   #49
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
Quote:
I think cars like the Ariel Atom really are the "ultimate driving machines."

But they are just as impractical as a motorcycle and will never be anything more than a toy. While it would be a bit of a waste, the GTR or ZR1 could both be used in daily driving.
Spot me 50 Grand and watch me daily drive that bitch. Most GTR's and ZR1's are garage queens anyways.

Funny thing is last week my buddy got married and he owns a R32, his GTR buddies were too afraid to drive their cars in the rain, shit I'll prolly get sick as fuck but I'll drive an Atom in the rain just to prove a point! lol
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #50
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Same vette/gtr arguements in every forum, lol. I'd drive the gtr everyday too. Probably because I couldn't affored a second car though.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #51
youngmoney

youngmoney is an unknown quantity at this point
people arguing over cars they've probably never driven...classic . i like how everybody acts like they're some sort of professional critic. 90K IS a lot of money for a car, but considering the fact that half of the 200k+ "super cars" can't perform half as well. To me it makes me realize just what a deal the R35 AND the ZR1 are. and for everyone thats hating on the gtr's interior give me a fucking break. what kind of decked out pussy magnet are you driving? get real...

how is your shitty aero kit not rice again? oh it's jdm, gotcha!
youngmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #52
ghost_silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
ghost_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
As long as I can get a decent warranty I will pick up a GTR in 2012. You would figure with the revised model coming out that year the previous year models Should go for about 55k with low miles. We'll just see what happens!
ghost_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #53
Xmax
Leaky Injector

Xmax is an unknown quantity at this point
Since I live in Chicago, I probably would feel much safer driving the GTR with snow tires than the ZR1 with snow tires during the winter months. But that's just me.
Xmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #54
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmax View Post
Since I live in Chicago, I probably would feel much safer driving the GTR with snow tires than the ZR1 with snow tires during the winter months. But that's just me.
While true, I hate this argument that many bring up (not saying you are, just saying in general)

'Oh well the GTR can drive in a snowbank, sup ZR1"

ya know what, who cares! If that makes or breaks the 'better' of the two, then we are all dead when the zombies come.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #55
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Zr1 all the way! The z06 Is in gtr class not Zr1. Could we sit here and Imagine if the zr1 had a gearbox like the gtr? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

2012 gtr! you look like a eclipse!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #56
RBMadess
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
RBMadess is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Lazy v8..........what???
RBMadess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #57
RBMadess
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
RBMadess is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I couldn't imagine spending 111k on anything that's 10 technological generations behind.
RBMadess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #58
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMadess View Post
Lazy v8..........what???
1. Have you driven a z06? zr1? base?

2. Don't bother asking, I know you have't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMadess View Post
I couldn't imagine spending 111k on anything that's 10 technological generations behind.
10 technological generations behind? Please entertain me with your idiocy. Efficiency and simplicity >* Why package 4 cams and weight into something that is PROVEN not to out perform the traditional LSX???

I guess it sounds cool to say OHC. I'd rather say "it hauls ass".

Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #59
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
1. Have you driven a z06? zr1? base?

2. Don't bother asking, I know you have't.

10 technological generations behind? Please entertain me with your idiocy. Efficiency and simplicity >* Why package 4 cams and weight into something that is PROVEN not to out perform the traditional LSX???

I guess it sounds cool to say OHC. I'd rather say "it hauls ass".

partially correct... the z06+ models(i would include the new gran sport shit they do to be very fast also) are a crazy beast to handle... the technology does work pretty well actually, most people dont realize that coil susp. is actually better than 99% of coil over strut setup on the market(sprung weight makes a hella difference)

but... the GTR has the technology to beat it... and when it comes to the corners, the zr1 cannot keep up.

and btw, i have ridden in both the GTR and the ZR1, and the ZR1 feels much faster, but the GTR brings a bigger smile to my face
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #60
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 til 3 View Post
but... the GTR has the technology to beat it... and when it comes to the corners, the zr1 cannot keep up.
It's the two fold answer

Does the GTR have the tech? Sure. Is the GTR faster? Depends on the driver. So with that said, what's really the 'faster' car? The capable one, or the one that needs to be driven?

I love both cars, I just find it hard to really say what is best. I will side on Take Vette though...to say the ZR1 can't keep up with a GTR is silly, as a Z06 is a fair 'track match' with the GTR...the ZR1 is on a true supercar level.

I've beein a new Zo6 and a GTR. The GTR is fun, the launch is second to none. But I prefer the beast mode of Z06. Can't beat the cubes, the sound, the feel, and the rawness IMO. Then again if I had to 'honestly' daily one, it would probably be the GTR.