Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #121
sr20drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
sr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nicesr20drifter1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

Here you go.... 936 LEDs.

a change from the SHIT you fucking idiots have been posting.

Wake up S13 people.
I could be your friend because of this. You really know your S#$@. The last pic looks like fire, awesome. I'll hit you up when I get another S13.

This is the set up I was going to work on, but I sold my car.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #122
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
retro'd j30 projectors like 5 years ago, messing around at junk yards are fun
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #123
comablack783
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
comablack783 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eZiR- rps13 View Post
j30 projectors retrofit into s13 pop ups
might not be a dope ass led setup but it's better than stock so far...
I do plan on doing led tails soon though...
I saw another guy do this but he couldnt get his to close/pop up, they were "fixed".. do yours still function? output shots!?
comablack783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #124
eZiR- rps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
eZiR- rps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
Have and output shots? Very cool popup retrofit, do you worry about water getting in them?
Pm me if you need any help on the led retro.
lows:

highs:

nah water shouldn't get in, everythings sealed well enough and covered with the with headlight cover...

as for the my fastback tailight LEDs ... I'm following some write up online
but yea il definitely pm you with any questions that might arise...thanks

my only real thing right now is not having an oven to heat the tails
but I've been told a heat gun will work just fine..
hustle hard
eZiR- rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #125
eZiR- rps13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by comablack783 View Post
I saw another guy do this but he couldnt get his to close/pop up, they were "fixed".. do yours still function? output shots!?
I have my motors disconnected but they open & close just fine

... I was thinking of making another set to sell but doubt anybody would be interested
hustle hard
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #126
comablack783
Leaky Injector

comablack783 is on a distinguished road
Nice, very clean cut off for non hid projectors, you should do a write up!
comablack783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #127
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The cutoff in not affected by hid or halogen, the projector itself determines the cutoff And sharpness. Get some nice silverstar ultra bulbs and you will be ballin, oh and an alignment.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #128
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
the rotational alignment is way off. I would never use projectors designed to be encased in a housing open to the elements. You need a way to protect the front projector lenses and to seal the projector bowl halves and rear at the bulb seat. Ideal projectors for this application would be hella 90mm units, either halogen or hid.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #129
kiriyama
Leaky Injector

kiriyama is an unknown quantity at this point
Got this off of a private seller about a year and a half ago, finally wired it up. Its a little ricey but i think it looks pretty snazzy.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #130
project 240sx

project 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
that silvia section lit up looks pretty silly... especially with headlights being "yellowish" and then a blob of blue light in the middle. reminds me of when the glow lights were cool inside the cabin when i was 16.
project 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #131
eZiR- rps13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by comablack783 View Post
Nice, very clean cut off for non hid projectors, you should do a write up!
write-up already exists ... I merely improved upon it slightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
The cutoff in not affected by hid or halogen, the projector itself determines the cutoff And sharpness. Get some nice silverstar ultra bulbs and you will be ballin, oh and an alignment.
alignment? the entrance to garage wasn't leveled... if that's what you're referring to

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
the rotational alignment is way off. I would never use projectors designed to be encased in a housing open to the elements. You need a way to protect the front projector lenses and to seal the projector bowl halves and rear at the bulb seat.
the rotational alignment isnt that bad...
protect front projector lenses? what lenses?
as for the bowl halves yea I'm slightly worried, but they're easily replaceable
and the rear bulb seats don't need to be sealed they're tucked up under the cover, safe from direct elements...

I do plan on making lenses at some point... didn't do it this time, just wanted to finish them and mount them ... now that they're mounted I know exactly how much I have so it'll still opens and closes safely

since This is a "no picture no post" ...

hustle hard
Old 09-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #132
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

The rotational alignment is really bad, especially the driver's side. And you need a front lens in front of the projectors to keep the convex lenses from pitting.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #133
eZiR- rps13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
The rotational alignment is really bad, especially the driver's side. And you need a front lens in front of the projectors to keep the convex lenses from pitting.
I guess if you say so ... output is better than stock, that's what matters to me...
... I eventually plan on improving on the design ... these are still just my prototypes...
hustle hard
Old 09-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #134
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
alignment? the entrance to garage wasn't leveled... if that's what you're referring to
the rotational alignment isnt that bad...
protect front projector lenses? what lenses?
as for the bowl halves yea I'm slightly worried, but they're easily replaceable
and the rear bulb seats don't need to be sealed they're tucked up under the cover, safe from direct elements...
I do plan on making lenses at some point... didn't do it this time, just wanted to finish them and mount them ... now that they're mounted I know exactly how much I have so it'll still opens and closes safely

Quote:
seriously? i thought that was only fo dekorashun. woo WOOOOOOooOOO!

Quote:
I guess if you say so ... output is better than stock, that's what matters to me...
... I eventually plan on improving on the design ... these are still just my prototypes...
does it really matter? he's not in a state that needs to pass inspection. he's not knowledgeable to where he has a proper understanding of optics and light design. at this point, its all fun and games... i doubt any amount of posting on the internet is going to push him towards re-creating that mess into something worth-while. i'm not dissing at all, it works it works is all the owner cares about.

my point? car looks like its going to be at a pick-a-part location soon... so why bother. (second part i was totally talking shit)

if the owner was actually interested in advice i think it would be a different situation. thank god that shit is still halogen, burn that moisture right off and less glare to worry about. how awesome would it be if it was xenon, exposed to the elements, mis-aligned, high-tension wires dangling around the rear of the light fixture near all that cutup metal from the headlight buckets.

fuck.... im too old for this shit.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #135
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Mr. ClearCorners, how do you feel about NSX headlights on an S13? Thumbs up or death?

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 AM   #136
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i think that it takes a russian to install those onto the above s13

that being said, why dont you use your czecho/slovak common sense and do some measurements

you see, once you measure the dimensions of the nsx headlight assembly (which i have already done), and measure the dimensions of the s13 headlight bucket assembly (which i have already done), and measure the clearances between the headlight bucket assembly TO radiator core support (which i have already done) ................

then you realize that the above "looks-so-cool-online" race-spec drift car is purely show and:
1) cannot lift and retract, like its supposed to
2) is probably not aligned properly (i almost guarantee that)
3) has a radiator core support that has been cut and/or compromised

i, like dave chappelle, like believing in certain stereotypes being true. i have many russian friends and i can tell you that they do things in very russian ways. a search on youtube "crazy russian" will reveal many interesting videos, all of which are spectacular. what does this mean? this means that the above car is 100% "check me out" and 0% finished, usable, reliable product. also, list pricing on those headlights (new) is just shy of $700/each (for halogen projectors) and finding them used, while possible, is not easy.

what do i know, i sell cellular service for AT&T. the guy you want at clearcorners is that other mike (ie: not me)

A je to! (and if you understand czech, then you understand what it takes to install the above)

nazdar
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #137
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Oh jeez, that sounds a bit more complicated than I hoped for.
I won a pair on Ebay with no reserve for 91$ shipped. The seller is probably upset.

A je to! bola dobrá relácia.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #138
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Done.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #139
mikeyee
Leaky Injector

mikeyee is an unknown quantity at this point
are they super bright too?

when i did the corners for a customer's Levin AE86, he mentioned they were as bright, if not a bit brighter (could just be the color too?) than his HIDs.

looks good though! post some night shots!
mikeyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #140
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Yes they are extremely bright, 132 Cree p4 amber LEDs per side.
This is at pitch black night, just one light.

Then here they are with my high beams on.

I <3 LEDs!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #141
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KA-Life86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPrem View Post
Anyone want to sell me retro fitted zenki headlight
try fliprayzin240sx, he had a pair a while back. He went to the dark side, so he may still have the zenki lights for sale
KA-Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #142
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

seriously? i thought that was only fo dekorashun. woo WOOOOOOooOOO!

does it really matter? he's not in a state that needs to pass inspection. he's not knowledgeable to where he has a proper understanding of optics and light design. at this point, its all fun and games... i doubt any amount of posting on the internet is going to push him towards re-creating that mess into something worth-while. i'm not dissing at all, it works it works is all the owner cares about.

my point? car looks like its going to be at a pick-a-part location soon... so why bother. (second part i was totally talking shit)

if the owner was actually interested in advice i think it would be a different situation. thank god that shit is still halogen, burn that moisture right off and less glare to worry about. how awesome would it be if it was xenon, exposed to the elements, mis-aligned, high-tension wires dangling around the rear of the light fixture near all that cutup metal from the headlight buckets.

fuck.... im too old for this shit.
True stories. I sometimes forget the general crowd here on Zilvia. Very few people want to do anything the right way.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #143
JonathanPrem
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
JonathanPrem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-Life86 View Post
try fliprayzin240sx, he had a pair a while back. He went to the dark side, so he may still have the zenki lights for sale
I did but i was second on the list. He had someone local.
JonathanPrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #144
mikeyee
Leaky Injector

did a quick conversion on Ryan Bell's taillights. This time he didn't blow them up! (which I was kind of hoping he would since these are only temporary. ahh maybe it'll happen in a local event out here)

plan is to source some crystals and do something fancy fancy for those.

heres a walk around ryan's car with some commentary on the lighting setup hes got on it.

Ryan Bell's v2 SOLO8 LED Taillights for his Formula D Machine - YouTube

Ryan Bell's v2 SOLO8 LED Taillights for his Formula D Machine - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">Ryan Bell's v2 SOLO8 LED Taillights for his Formula D Machine - YouTube&fs=1" />Ryan Bell's v2 SOLO8 LED Taillights for his Formula D Machine - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryan Bell's v2 SOLO8 LED Taillights for his Formula D Machine - YouTube
Old 10-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #145
mikeyee
Leaky Injector

did another set of corners for a friend's Lexus UCF10 LS400.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0LOdLLeUgBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0LOdLLeUgBA&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0LOdLLeUgBA&fs=1" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0LOdLLeUgBA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0LOdLLeUgBA
Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #146
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
embed failed btw.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #147
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
dam clear corners hollyyy shit....
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #148
mikeyee
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
embed failed btw.
sorry, havent been able to figure out the embed button here on zilvia.

heres the link again if yo could t see it from my failed attempt at embedding

SOLO8 Lexus UCF10 Custom LED Taillights and Cornermarkers - YouTube
Old 10-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #149
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
so for the people that know your shit on lights, whats the option for brighter yet non blinding lights for an s13 that keeps the function of the popup assembly?
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #150
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Cibies.
msglngth
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote