Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-23-2021, 10:18 PM   #31
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I sell a ton of mono/2pc Work and cast Heritage wheels to my customers in that price point. I’m honestly not a fan of much else for s-chassis/related vehicles. I suppose Gram Lights are cool, and I sell them on occasion.

I don’t sell Kansei but I should. Chris is a cool guy.

I wish there were more offerings like the “good old days” but Rohana and Forgestar are the alternatives. I can get those too if you lack taste.

Also thanks mav1178 for your insight.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:07 PM   #32
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
You said ?JDM? so I?m just responding to that.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:23 PM   #33
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Enkei is a good example of a well managed brand. Sure, their wheels may be more on the boring spectrum, but they make a good variety of wheels to fit a good variety of cars.

Wheels are like cars. Consumer habits change and wheel design, color, size, and fitment need to change to adapt to the market. Successful brands keep going by virtue of managing their customer base and dealer network well.

Enkei’s largest accounts are Tire Rack, Discount Tire Company, and other tire chains that also happen to sell wheels. It’s not unlike selling volume into Costco, you sell the larger distributors at cost so you can keep a target cost structure going and make money off the smaller shops.

[email protected]
Old 03-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #34
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can't you get a fair number of SSR/Advans/Gram Light for sub $2000 brand new? I know I paid considerably under $2000 for 17x9 Advans from a pretty well known retailer.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:32 PM   #35
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
I sell a ton of mono/2pc Work and cast Heritage wheels to my customers in that price point. I?m honestly not a fan of much else for s-chassis/related vehicles. I suppose Gram Lights are cool, and I sell them on occasion.

I don?t sell Kansei but I should. Chris is a cool guy.

I wish there were more offerings like the ?good old days? but Rohana and Forgestar are the alternatives. I can get those too if you lack taste.

Also thanks mav1178 for your insight.
Glad to see you still around. May contact you soon, about getting some wheels. What is your shop / site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
You said ?JDM? so I?m just responding to that.
Again, probably a bit of irony that was missed in my opener. I was going for the sarcasm, but the discussion turned much more serious than I anticipated, haha. I will even include "JDM" not necessarily by literal manufacturing, but on styled - stuff such as CST / MB is a great example, but alas, even that is gone.

Quote:
Enkei is a good example of a well managed brand. Sure, their wheels may be more on the boring spectrum, but they make a good variety of wheels to fit a good variety of cars.

Wheels are like cars. Consumer habits change and wheel design, color, size, and fitment need to change to adapt to the market. Successful brands keep going by virtue of managing their customer base and dealer network well.

Enkei?s largest accounts are Tire Rack, Discount Tire Company, and other tire chains that also happen to sell wheels. It?s not unlike selling volume into Costco, you sell the larger distributors at cost so you can keep a target cost structure going and make money off the smaller shops.
Completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Can't you get a fair number of SSR/Advans/Gram Light for sub $2000 brand new? I know I paid considerably under $2000 for 17x9 Advans from a pretty well known retailer.
In 17's you can get close to $1500 +. I assume many are rocking 18s these days, like myself. Most SSR / GL are really close to 2k (if not past it with shipping) in decent sizing, last I checked Advans anything close to awesome sizing is easy 2k. You may can get like $100 or so below 2k, but that's really still not addressing the large $600 - $2000 gap problem for cool wheels IMO. It's just the way of the market these days I suppose. The sport is dying, cool cars are largely dying with politics playing a mega role as of late, and frankly - not much incentive to keep producing for a shrinking market I suppose. Sigh.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #36
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Konig, Enkei, Gram Lights, Square (G33), Kansei, and Stage are pretty much the only companies making anything decent looking for affordable prices. Motegi racing used to make some decent wheels, albeit made in China, but apparently they make more profit on blingy truck wheels and "American Racing" wheels . They canceled all the decent models. I'm pretty sure this is very much case-in-point for why people are against knockoffs. It kills innovation in the market.
The company that owns motegi (wheelpros) purchased rotiform, they are transitioning the companys line of low cost cast options as rotiforms now- to my knowledge.

talking about hotboi 2k~ wheels in good sizing:

https://titan-7.com/

18x9 +28 or +38 forged for $2080 (evo or sti specs).

CST has a new wheel out, the Zero-1. I'm not sure where to purchase it other then croober, and they have hefty shipping charges.

https://www.croooober.com/en/item/cp...ERO-1-HYPER-V2

Final Konnexion has wheels for s chassis spec and about $498 per, before shipping, but again, im not sure of where to buy

https://finalkonnexion.co.jp/images/lenso/venom.html

there's also nakamura's line of wheels, but youll have to get in line to gargle his balls first

https://quickstylemotorsports.com/pr...=8832409534500

Advanti is the manufacturer for nakamuras wheels, they also partnership w/ konig and enkei aswell for wheel re-branding and distrubution. They have some new models for 2021 in 17x9 +35 and 18x9 +32. Not my cup of tea, but its nice to always see options in that sub $1500 range

https://advantiwheel.com/
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:42 AM   #37
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Just to bump this from the nether, Motegi picked up the Battle mold from MB and has reissued the Battle.

https://www.motegiracing.com/product.../mr154-battle/
Old 04-19-2022, 11:49 AM   #38
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
MB and has reissued the Battle.
Am I the only one that thinks wheel manufacturers need to pay more attention to center caps and make them good looking? Those center caps drive me nuts.

Also, that dude Cody on facebook has chromed a few sets of these, and to be expected, they look excellent.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:59 PM   #39
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Would it seriously kill anyone who works at these wheel companies to go into their cad program and set the damn bolt pattern to 4x114.3? It's one less machining step, you bastards should be thanking me for streamlining your process

The worst are wheels like Enkei RPF1 where they clearly have a 4 lug casting and a 5 lug casting in each size and offset and they make a 4x100 in like 3 different offsets but 4x114.3 in only +45... WHO IS BUYING THAT? I know the Miata guys are buying the 4x100 low/med disk but are there that many more dudes with old Accords and Lancers who need the 4x114 high disk than the S13/kyusha/etc/market? I know that was a thing 20 years ago when '90s era Hondas drove the import wheel market but nowadays?

Funny thing is all the Hondas I see from that era are running on ET0 XXR/Drag/etc. with massive poke and stretch
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:53 PM   #40
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Would it seriously kill anyone who works at these wheel companies to go into their cad program and set the damn bolt pattern to 4x114.3? It's one less machining step, you bastards should be thanking me for streamlining your process

The worst are wheels like Enkei RPF1 where they clearly have a 4 lug casting and a 5 lug casting in each size and offset and they make a 4x100 in like 3 different offsets but 4x114.3 in only +45... WHO IS BUYING THAT? I know the Miata guys are buying the 4x100 low/med disk but are there that many more dudes with old Accords and Lancers who need the 4x114 high disk than the S13/kyusha/etc/market? I know that was a thing 20 years ago when '90s era Hondas drove the import wheel market but nowadays?

Funny thing is all the Hondas I see from that era are running on ET0 XXR/Drag/etc. with massive poke and stretch
Keep in mind that the wheel makers with the lowest or most mature cost process often sell worldwide. It's how they are able to continue producing wheels that otherwise would have already died.

A "+45 4x114.3mm" wheel makes zero sense in the US... but only if you are thinking the wheels are only for the US... plenty of other 4x114.3mm cars out on the market that need high offset.

A simple search yields tons of small passenger cars in other markets that have zero value in the US.

[email protected]
Old 04-21-2022, 03:42 AM   #41
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
where they clearly have a 4 lug casting and a 5 lug casting in each size and offset
The "problem" here is that the lug holes are likely cast into the center core, and they are finish machined at a later date. I understand however, this would really just require them to pay for a new or modified core box. However, you also have to remember that core box is likely different for every size/ spoke design, and that gets expensive quick.
Old 04-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #42
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Just to bump this from the nether, Motegi picked up the Battle mold from MB and has reissued the Battle.

Oh Fuck Yes!!!!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:52 PM   #43
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Oh Fuck Yes!!!!

Sees price, does math... Realizes 57DRs are like $200 more a set.

Fuck all that.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:18 PM   #44
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Am I the only one that thinks wheel manufacturers need to pay more attention to center caps and make them good looking? Those center caps drive me nuts.

Also, that dude Cody on facebook has chromed a few sets of these, and to be expected, they look excellent.
Most definitely not. The center caps absolutely kill it for me.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:17 PM   #45
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Most definitely not. The center caps absolutely kill it for me.
Don't run center caps.

Problem solved.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:02 AM   #46
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
What do you guys think of the new-ish Work Emotion RS11?:

The 17" are 5x114.3 in custom offsets, but I've yet to see a pic in that size (15"/ 16" are only 4x100). I think the 17's in white would look pretty cool on a S13.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:29 AM   #47
tuzzio
Post Whore!

I don't personally like that wheel. Would look cool on a road race car though.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:47 AM   #48
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Definitely grip, or maybe old school Koguchi/ K-Style (when they ran 17's f&r):

BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:56 AM   #49
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The "problem" here is that the lug holes are likely cast into the center core, and they are finish machined at a later date. I understand however, this would really just require them to pay for a new or modified core box. However, you also have to remember that core box is likely different for every size/ spoke design, and that gets expensive quick.
For some wheels for sure, especially when the spokes extend all the way to the center. For others like the RPF1 where the center is just a 'dish' I think they really just have 4 and 5 lug castings. And plenty of inexpensive wheels just have a single casting for each size, which you can tell since the mounting surface face is just flat all the way across with no cast-in reliefs between the lugs.

But yeah. I've seen some horrible Volk CE28N reps where they clearly took a mold from a real 5x114.3 CE28N and then redrilled it to whatever, but there are cast-in flats where the 5x114.3 lug holes would've been. Embarrassing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178
Keep in mind that the wheel makers with the lowest or most mature cost process often sell worldwide.
Sure, lots of southeast Asia market Mitsubishi-based or kei car based stuff, which is where a lot of these budget wheels are made (Thailand, PH, Malaysia)

A lot of it is also down to the Japanese companies dropping stuff that would mostly fit stock S13s, FCs, and other basically deprecated old cars. The fact that UP Garages routinely sell the typical 16" S13 fitment wheel sets for less than 20k yen tells me no one there is buying them anymore. Enkei used to have part numbers for 16x7 and 16x8 ET30 4x114.3 RPF1s but it no longer exists.

For me it's just not economical to spend $500 converting my car to 5 lug to buy a set of <$1000 wheels.
Old 04-22-2022, 12:29 PM   #50
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
For some wheels for sure, especially when the spokes extend all the way to the center. For others like the RPF1 where the center is just a 'dish' I think they really just have 4 and 5 lug castings. And plenty of inexpensive wheels just have a single casting for each size, which you can tell since the mounting surface face is just flat all the way across with no cast-in reliefs between the lugs.
I'd be curious what the tooling really looks like. Unfortunately, every width and offset likely requires a separate set of tools since this will dictate the shape of the face, distances, etc. Same with the hub bore, etc. I work in a foundry, and honestly even some very simple castings require a ton of core work.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:55 AM   #51
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
I think another (or perhaps a big one, idk I'm just some dumbass on the internet) is that how many cars are being made nowdays in 4x114 that would also require a low offset?? and when most guys in our area swap to 5 lug that's a whole second market that gets taken out, from a business standpoint its just not worth it to carry something that will sit on the shelf for years before someone buys it.

I agree, I wish there were more new options for us 4 lug boys, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. (I've been wrong before) until then ill stick with my used 1200 big boy works and some long champs and call er a day
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #52
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:

Even though this is true. CST are still available on YAJ and have their own mold since they stamped their logo on the wheel. Project Mayhem dude supposedly can get them but the last time I checked, he was asking $1200 for a pair or something.

My pair: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGisBunw14/ (I wish it was easier to just post the IMG link)
Old 04-23-2022, 01:04 PM   #53
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
Even though this is true. CST are still available on YAJ and have their own mold since they stamped their logo on the wheel. Project Mayhem dude supposedly can get them but the last time I checked, he was asking $1200 for a pair or something.

My pair: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGisBunw14/ (I wish it was easier to just post the IMG link)
For sure. My understanding was MB bought the rights to use the mold in the states from CST / I can?t remember their parent company.

MB then gave it up / sold it? to Motegi.

I have thought about making CST center caps for the battles, because the CST logo is cooler. I wonder if the center caps are interchangeable?

CST makes cool, affordable wheels. $1200 a pair is DUMB, but yeah use to you could import a set for not much more than battles haha.
Old 04-24-2022, 04:34 PM   #54
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
For me it's just not economical to spend $500 converting my car to 5 lug to buy a set of <$1000 wheels.
And for the manufacturers it is just not economical to make a small batch of wheels in a specific lug pattern.

Very few consumers understand how massive tooling costs are, and it is not just changing a design parameter on a CAD rendering. Before with 5Zigen, the factory making FN01R-Cs wanted upwards of $10k each variation of spoke design or backpad, so we would save money by just making a generic 17" flat spoke face, have 2 variations for backpad that can be used for both 4 and 5 lug bolt patterns, and either add material to the backpad for lower offset or just drill different bolt patterns as long as it didn't compromise the wheel strength.

Beyond that, there's also MOQ requirements, factories will not waste their time unless you order sufficient quantities or dollar amounts for wheels. At the end of the day high offset 414 wheels are not meant for this chassis, just leave it at that.

[email protected]
Old 04-25-2022, 03:40 AM   #55
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Very few consumers understand how massive tooling costs are.
This. But, its also not exactly common knowledge. You're talking about having a cope/drag (Top/bottom) set of tools, and any set of tools for cores as well. And it gets expensive quick. Especially since a lot of the stuff used to be made out of wood in pattern shops. The future is looking wild as they have 3D Sand printers now..but again, thats a million dollar machine to start.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:32 AM   #56
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

Center caps are terrible anymore. I like Advans minimalistic approach.

I mean nowadays you can 3D print center caps. Even if you don't want to do that, shitty ebay black center caps + vinyl stickers.

Can you link me to that Cody guy who does the wheel chroming?

Quote:
Sees price, does math... Realizes 57DRs are like $200 more a set.

Fuck all that.
Quote:
Don't run center caps.

Problem solved.
Where are you getting these 57DRs for that price?
I legit had the same thought process as you.
I saw this thread after I purchased my wheels but I'm down to pick up a set of dedicated track wheels.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:55 AM   #57
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Center caps are terrible anymore. I like Advans minimalistic approach.

Can you link me to that Cody guy who does the wheel chroming?
Agreed, thats why I had custom billet center caps made for my TE37. And it would be easier to get them chromed in the future.

His facebook Name is Cody Skree. His cover photo is a white JZX100
Old 04-25-2022, 08:07 PM   #58
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
But, its also not exactly common knowledge.
It's not, but too many people think along the lines of a single transaction and don't look at it from the perspective of the seller, the distributor, the importer, or the manufacturer. All 4 can be separate companies, or all 4 can be the same.

Beyond that, people think in a timeline that is about as long as it takes for them to pay the bill.

Most manufacturers think in terms of years, and the costs associated with tooling + logistics (a catch-all for things like packaging, boxing, shipping to different countries, etc) add up very quick. Then you add things like a fluctuating exchange rate and it makes things very difficult from a planning perspective.

Case in point: the yen is trading at a 10-year low of close to 130JPY to 1USD. While this is great for US consumers, it also greatly affects how products are priced when trying to import into the Japanese market. This is against a backdrop of the yen being 30% stronger just last January.

Try pricing things out with a 30% swing in your cost structure in 12 months... it's so much more than just tooling, and most manufacturers of product think about 3-5 year horizons at a minimum to sell products.

[email protected]
Old 04-26-2022, 08:01 AM   #59
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Beyond that, there's also MOQ requirements, factories will not waste their time unless you order sufficient quantities or dollar amounts for wheels. At the end of the day high offset 414 wheels are not meant for this chassis, just leave it at that.
Right. It just seems like, given all these lead times ad so on, they just ended up missing the trend of our cars coming back in style/people spending a lot of money on them and both owners and wheel manufacturers lose. I can make stuff work... but I think of the reddit r/240SX crowd that just wants to go on a website and click 'buy' and get wheels that fit. Can't do that if you have a 4 lug car.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #60
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
there were new sets of battles selling for 430 shipped on ebay from discount tire in 2018 lol

1200 for a pair that has a cool jdm stamp is laughable
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote