Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-24-2021, 08:23 AM   #1
Mikes67

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikes67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
School me in Longchamps

Hi everyone. I'm hoping for some help with wheel choice on an S13 coupe I'm building with my 15-year-old son for his first car. When we first started this build we were going for a more purpose-built drift build, but as time has gone on we've changed our direction and are going with a more period 90s style build. We've already 5 lugs swapped it with Z32 brakes. My son has his heart set on XR4 Longchamps and I've been keeping my eyes open for a set, but I see them somewhat rare in 5 lug 15s. What we have found are 15x7 or 15x6 but we're looking for something wider. Can anyone advise if the XR4 is a 3 piece wheel and are the barrels easily changed? It appears they are but I'd just like confirmation. If we find 5 lug 15s should we just get them and look into having the barrels changed? Thanks in advance for any direction or advice!
Mikes67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #2
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
yes, the XR4 longchamp is a welded 3 piece. 5 lug longchamps are extremely rare, but they exist. Just note that SSR never made the popular 6 spoke design in a 5 lug, those were 4 lug only. If you find a set of 5 lug longchamps, I'm sure love20bee or Pine Engineering would be able to sort you with whatever barrels and lips you need. Just be aware that you should have a wheel rebuilder/experienced machine shop split them. It's doable on your own, but if you don't trust yourself, it's not hard to make a mistake cutting the weld.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #3
bluecoupe
Leaky Injector

bluecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
If it is 5 lug swapped would be easier to go back to 4 lug and go to a different caliper with more clearence like q45.these xr4 I have were built by wheelflip and weren't cheap to build.sell the 5 lug swap and z32 to recoup some money and buy a set already the size you want.that will also save you some money.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
bluecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:37 PM   #4
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Xr4-z are five lug mostly in 16s, not sure if I have seen them in 15

I have run 16x7 and 7.5 +10/11, they don't clear z32 without spacers

Another good 5lug option would be CST PRECEDEO DEMON CAMBER
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:05 PM   #5
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Xr4-z are five lug mostly in 16s, not sure if I have seen them in 15
this is correct, and xr4-zs are rareish, idk about 15 but ive seen 17 and 18, ive got some 4 lug 16s nbd. back on the farm, your best option if your set on those is swap back to 4 lug. theres no reason that stock stuff wont be fine unless your making 400+hp. or find other wheels, demon cambers are sick, iirc ssr meshies come in 5 or do what id do and run some cool shiny 17s or 18s.
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:40 AM   #6
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
You can always go the aggressive TE37 route. While this doesn't really help you if he 100% wants Longchamps, there are other avenues to achieve a similar look. There are also a lot of 'that era' style wheel such as RS Watanabe or Hayashi Street if he can budge a bit. Swapping back to 4-lug and an inferior brake setup is a kind of lame.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 11:14 PM   #7
schassis240

schassis240 is a well-known jackass
long champs are the best on ae86 and s13s...speedstar made them I think?
schassis240 is offline   Reply With Quote