Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-10-2022, 05:55 AM   #91
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I still think that there is no way in hell the SpecR will fetch over $60k. It just simply isn't in the same league as the other cars that fetch more.

This guy has a history of lying, and most social media personalities loudly broadcast sale prices to simply drive the market up.

I had two SpecRs. I sold one for a small profit and the one I have now is valued at double what I paid for it...but I do not think for one second I will see $60k for it.
Old 04-10-2022, 12:14 PM   #92
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bro, no one said it sold for $70k. Stop being so gullible. Everything wrong with the world today is people repeating garbage they see on social media.
Whitey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 05:03 PM   #93
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey13 View Post
Bro, no one said it sold for $70k. Stop being so gullible. Everything wrong with the world today is people repeating garbage they see on social media.
Dude, please get off my dick.

If you can't read the words 'supposedly' and then the part where I said there's 'no way in hell' that it sold for that...well then maybe you just wanted to get your blood pumping on Zilvia.

The point here is that this cunt is PURPOSELY being misleading. Now, to what end? Who knows. With that recent batch of blacklisted cars it would be pretty ballsy to keep publicly posting other illegal cars AND try to push these false values, but people keep following these pages and handing over their money.

Everything wrong with the world today is people not possessing even the most basic levels of reading comprehension.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:58 PM   #94
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Whitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enoughWhitey13 will become famous soon enough
My point is you take the bait by repeating what they put out in the ether and people will see it and believe it. You don?t believe it but too many people do.

I agree the amount of purposefully misleading people in this rhd car circle jerk is astronomical. It?s like an off brand bring a trailer. Defining a car by its price like ?the $70k S15? like they do is incredibly cringeworthy. Who does that. It?s truly like they?re gaslighting the entire market.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:52 PM   #95
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
My point is you take the bait by repeating what they put out in the ether and people will see it and believe it. You don?t believe it but too many people do.

I agree the amount of purposefully misleading people in this rhd car circle jerk is astronomical. It?s like an off brand bring a trailer. Defining a car by its price like ?the $70k S15? like they do is incredibly cringeworthy. Who does that. It?s truly like they?re gaslighting the entire market.
Well (even more so now that the forums is back up) I can admit there are far less 'new' users on this forum but the whole point is to put shit here that IS ridiculous and explain why. If someone Google searches something and it bring them here at least they can sees us explaining how lame it is.

It's not taking bait. This screenshot that I uploaded via imgur in no way plays into his algorithm or gets him any further traction. Even though I'd like to believe people will read this, we're off the grid on Zilvia.
Old 04-10-2022, 07:27 PM   #96
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

I've mentioned it before, but I don't see any way these businesses are sustainable. How will they still be around in 5 years?

I also don't know the seller of the S15 you posted, but judging by the scenery, they're part of the Connecticut clan.
Old 04-10-2022, 08:04 PM   #97
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I've mentioned it before, but I don't see any way these businesses are sustainable. How will they still be around in 5 years?

I also don't know the seller of the S15 you posted, but judging by the scenery, they're part of the Connecticut clan.
Dude the other thing I was gonna post was Top Rank selling a 34 GTT for 5.5mil yen. They will do what they've always done: ratfuck the market on the halo cars then work their way down the product line until base models are also 5.5mil yen.

This dude (based of what I've been told) is a broker for mainly illegal car sales.
Old 04-10-2022, 08:26 PM   #98
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Toprank seems to pass the sniff test.

I base this off absolutely nothing other than a few videos I?ve seen and articles I?ve read, but he appears to be transparent.

He does seem to have access to the nicer cars available.

Some of the other guys I would know not to trust them after a 30 second conversation.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:11 PM   #99
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Toprank is no better than any of the others. They sold an AH3 BNR32 to a service member stationed overseas a couple years ago. He had a shop in Washington (U.P. Garage) go through the car and do a post-purchase inspection. They discovered it had been t-boned at one point, like baaaad. Really bad. It had been 'fixed', but the damage was still noticeably quite extensive. The poor dude paid a premium for it, and there was no mention of any accident history, and it was marketed as a low-mileage clean example. I don't think there's anyway Toprank didn't know. That, and Sean Morris seems to have a massive ego and thinks he's gods gift to the Skyline community. Just my armchair internet opinion.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 06:47 AM   #100
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Interesting, if true. Especially since he's former military himself.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:14 AM   #101
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
https://upgarageusa.com/a/blog/hks-v-cam-23

You can scroll down for some of the damage.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:05 PM   #102
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Jesus that thing was clapped.

Is there more to this story? Did TopRank do anything to make it right? It says he bought another R32, where did he get that from?
Old 04-11-2022, 11:54 PM   #103
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Toprank seems to pass the sniff test.

I base this off absolutely nothing other than a few videos I?ve seen and articles I?ve read, but he appears to be transparent.

He does seem to have access to the nicer cars available.

Some of the other guys I would know not to trust them after a 30 second conversation.
*correction* JDM Expo has been caught a dozen times peddling rebuilt trash as pristine rare and original. I also vaguely recall them taking money and never delivery one time.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:57 PM   #104
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Interesting, if true. Especially since he's former military himself.
And what? Just because you served doesn't make you a good person.

RHD Specialties owner is a Vet as well. Not a lot of love for them.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:48 AM   #105
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So did JimmyO buy that black one for 70k?
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:35 AM   #106
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
So did JimmyO buy that black one for 70k?
2 different cars. Jimmy bought the black one a few months back from a friend in NJ, and he had the TE's sitting around.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 08:09 AM   #107
reesejon

reesejon is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for this thread, I was interested in this theme, sooo I think, that saved me from trouble.
Old 04-12-2022, 01:13 PM   #108
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
*correction* JDM Expo has been caught a dozen times peddling rebuilt trash as pristine rare and original. I also vaguely recall them taking money and never delivery one time.
Is JDM Expo related to Toprank in some way? I'm not following you.

The military reference I made was because I assumed he was doing business near a US base. Shitting where he eats, if you will.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:59 PM   #109
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed View Post
Toprank is no better than any of the others. They sold an AH3 BNR32 to a service member stationed overseas a couple years ago. He had a shop in Washington (U.P. Garage) go through the car and do a post-purchase inspection. They discovered it had been t-boned at one point, like baaaad. Really bad. It had been 'fixed', but the damage was still noticeably quite extensive. The poor dude paid a premium for it, and there was no mention of any accident history, and it was marketed as a low-mileage clean example. I don't think there's anyway Toprank didn't know. That, and Sean Morris seems to have a massive ego and thinks he's gods gift to the Skyline community. Just my armchair internet opinion.
Thanks - totally with you! Toprank title hopped a car to my buddy and it took 6 months and getting a lawyer involved until they finally helped fix and put the proper paperwork in place so he could title/register it.

They treated him like total crap once the check was in their hands and took advantage of him being military and having to work with them remotely.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:44 PM   #110
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Is JDM Expo related to Toprank in some way? I'm not following you.

The military reference I made was because I assumed he was doing business near a US base. Shitting where he eats, if you will.
Not trying to be a dick, but were you ever in the military? Or in Japan?

You'd be surprised and sickened at the way veterans out here prey on young base dudes' wallets. They come here, marry a Japanese person, then they stay here while reaping the benefits of having base access and ripping people off.

Don't get me wrong, it's a testament to how stupid our fucking Navy is...but the fact that these cats aren't barred from base blows my mind.

There is a local seller in Yokosuka that has a 'dealership' called West Club. I looked at a BL0 R32 when I first came to Japan. Seemed nice, and I wanted to buy it but my car friends helped me dodge that bullet. Anyway, the owner's name is Lonnie and there is QUITE LITERALLY a Facebook page called 'I Got Screwed Over By Lonnie' and the guy STILL manages to sell cars to unsuspecting people.

Go Navy.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:32 PM   #111
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
No x2.

Ignorant to think that I suppose, but disappointing nonetheless.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:10 PM   #112
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
No x2.

Ignorant to think that I suppose, but disappointing nonetheless.
Yeah man. If you hear someone tell you they 'help service members' you need to get some second opinions lol.

Also, Whitey13 and I can debate shit without neg-rep'ing each other, but apparently someone got offended:

You're always getting butthurt over nothing

Sounds like someone got butthurt. If you actually read, you can see that our 'harsh language' was not taken personally.

People neg-rep'ing on this thread bought cars from a shitty importer. Gotta be.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:24 AM   #113
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

No hard feelings here my dude
Old 04-18-2022, 10:25 AM   #114
Corbic
Post Whore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsbk_exNIgM

The sellers video had sooooo many damn red flags.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:42 AM   #115
Whitey13
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsbk_exNIgM

The sellers video had sooooo many damn red flags.
Who was the seller in this case?

Did he pay under market value? I couldn't watch the whole thing. In addition to all the red flags in the seller video, if your prices is too good to be true...

Last edited by Whitey13; 04-19-2022 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-19-2022, 11:08 AM   #116
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I was looking into buying a Silvia, but it looks like these guys are not worth the trip down. It looks like they had/have some solid inventory.

Thanks for posting, I have dodged a bullet.

I'll keep my shitbox army.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #117
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just stumbled upon this video from 2020 and though I would post it here. Top rank imports in cali, video is really entertaining and those guys, at least in '20, seemed to have a good inventory. No idea who they are thou.
His other videos are pretty entertaining too, he keeps the stupid music to a minimum and I like that. He made a video of that yellow rb26 z31 of our own member here, that car is clean AF!
Anyway:
https://youtu.be/UUm9x-OVYHo
Old 04-21-2022, 01:35 AM   #118
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

You'd be surprised and sickened at the way veterans out here prey on young base dudes' wallets. They come here, marry a Japanese person, then they stay here while reaping the benefits of having base access and ripping people off.

Don't get me wrong, it's a testament to how stupid our fucking Navy is...but the fact that these cats aren't barred from base blows my mind.

There is a local seller in Yokosuka that has a 'dealership' called West Club. I looked at a BL0 R32 when I first came to Japan. Seemed nice, and I wanted to buy it but my car friends helped me dodge that bullet. Anyway, the owner's name is Lonnie and there is QUITE LITERALLY a Facebook page called 'I Got Screwed Over By Lonnie' and the guy STILL manages to sell cars to unsuspecting people.

Go Navy.
I fortunately got lucky buying from West Club. I bought my FD in May of 2021 and discovered the facebook page and all the hate shot his way about 4 months AFTER I purchased from him. I'm probably one of the few lucky ones and what saved me was going down there in person to look over the car for about 2 hours, test driving, crawling underneath it, and knowing exactly what was good/bad with it. I do wish I hadn't been so quick to purchase, but with still keeping an eye on the FD market, I can say that I got exactly the FD I wanted, at a price point I was comfortable with, and there's probably no way I could buy the same FD today for the same price.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #119
Corbic
Post Whore!

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/veh...e-r32-gts-t-4/

Bwa ha ha ha! A fucking novel on a salvage car.

$26,000

Quote:
This 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-t Type M is a true head-turner.
Turn to watch in horror or turn to look away in disgust?

Quote:
This R32 has an aggressive look thanks to a modified Trial front bumper, OEM Type M side skirts, GT-R aluminum hood, ISR coilovers, and 18" gloss black Stage alloy wheels.
Cheap ass junk parts.

Quote:
The Spark Silver Metallic (KL0) paint is in great shape, lacking any major scratches or dings from normal use.
$400 scuff and shoot Maaco paint job.

Quote:
Notable repairs in Japan were the hood and fenders being replaced, but nonetheless, the vehicle is in good shape.
If JDM Classic is admitting to a repair that means the front of this car was pushed into the fire wall. The hood, miss matched bumper and paint is because this thing was toast. Someone sprayed it up, put some shit wheels and coils and is flipping it hard.

Quote:
Boasting only a mere 106K verified and documented miles, this RB-powered coupe is a blast to drive around. A perfect purpose-built vehicle for grip or drift, sporty, collectible, and stylish Skyline is turn-key ready to rock, and a certified Japanese Classic
So it was wrecked and left in a junk yard 20 years ago? What is a "certified Japanese classic". Notice they didn't say "daily driver".

Quote:
Inside the cabin, although lacking a rear seat and carpet, it is spacious. The driver is hugged and kept in place with a recovered Recaro bucket seat, while the passenger sits in a nicely bolstered stock unit. Keeping the driver in control of the R32 is an aftermarket Sparco steering wheel and aftermarket shifter. Although it is missing a radio, it is 100% ready for its new owner to install one of their own.
Again, a pick-and-pull junkyard special. Someone went dumpster diving pulling a junk sparco seat out of the shed and whatever other crap they found. OEM wheel is worth 4x the value of those junk racing wheels, which is why it's gone.

No underbody photos, no trunk floor photos, engine bay, doors - all angled shots that are conveniently hiding high rust areas... I bet this is a crispy critter full of Bondo.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:03 AM   #120
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
https://www.japaneseclassics.com/veh...e-r32-gts-t-4/

Bwa ha ha ha! A fucking novel on a salvage car.

$26,000

Turn to watch in horror or turn to look away in disgust?

Cheap ass junk parts.

$400 scuff and shoot Maaco paint job.

If JDM Classic is admitting to a repair that means the front of this car was pushed into the fire wall. The hood, miss matched bumper and paint is because this thing was toast. Someone sprayed it up, put some shit wheels and coils and is flipping it hard.

So it was wrecked and left in a junk yard 20 years ago? What is a "certified Japanese classic". Notice they didn't say "daily driver".

Again, a pick-and-pull junkyard special. Someone went dumpster diving pulling a junk sparco seat out of the shed and whatever other crap they found. OEM wheel is worth 4x the value of those junk racing wheels, which is why it's gone.

No underbody photos, no trunk floor photos, engine bay, doors - all angled shots that are conveniently hiding high rust areas... I bet this is a crispy critter full of Bondo.
funny, actually I also started watching this guys video... here he goes again talking about old yt channels everybody already knows about and can't even embed his stupid videos xD

im sure most of u already know about this channel, but he goes into detail about cars being auctioned in japan and uncovers some hidden problems in some cases kinda like what mr corbic is talking about here. Kinda scary to be honest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PBBU7-c5Wg