Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #61
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FullRaceGeoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
here are a few more from last week

^^^eliminated the bushing, spherical bearings everywhere!

^^^aluminum knuckle, modified lower shock mount and toe link mount

^^^upper shock mounts

I just pulled 2.5 days of straight fabrication with YouTube- Test Footage - Paper Planes we got the vmount and entire front end really dialed, its unreal im sooo pumped on it... can not post pics until completed. you guys will love it, especially with the bumper cover off :devil:
FullRaceGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #62
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

so i just got the entire rear subframe finished, SPL aluminum bushings + RUCAs, adj tractionrods and toe rods, and the knuckles posted above. Skullworks sphericals in the uprights - not a single bushing in the entire rear susp.

I really wanted to post it up on NRR New S14 bumpsteer graphs - Page 5 - Nissan Road Racing Forums but i am not able to post -- does anyone know a moderator over there that can fix my screen name full-race geoff? thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #63
didderson
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
didderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to didderson
This build is delicious!
Most of this thread people can only dream about.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #64
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullRaceGeoff View Post
so i just got the entire rear subframe finished, SPL aluminum bushings + RUCAs, adj tractionrods and toe rods, and the knuckles posted above. Skullworks sphericals in the uprights - not a single bushing in the entire rear susp.

I really wanted to post it up on NRR New S14 bumpsteer graphs - Page 5 - Nissan Road Racing Forums but i am not able to post -- does anyone know a moderator over there that can fix my screen name full-race geoff? thanks
Must've never received your activation email, or it typically gets moved to the spam box.

PM sent
Old 03-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #65
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just saw this on speedhunters... Totally digging this build.. +1 keep up the good work!

MAGAZINE BLOG: MODIFIED>> FULL RACE R14 MODIFIED TUNER SHOOTOUT - Speedhunters
Highway Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #66
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Good luck with the Modified magazine shootout!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #67
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
ummm, wow. Good stuff here. Thanks for sharing and good luck.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #68
Swerv13
Leaky Injector

Swerv13 will become famous soon enoughSwerv13 will become famous soon enoughSwerv13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i LOVE that car... just cant get used to the rear bumper lol although its straight up nascar:

you need to understand nascar technology is atleast 10 years behind any other racing tech. the highcut rear bodywork has been used on gt cars for years. please do us all a favor and ignore nascar, let alone even comparing to it. OTHERWISE! keep up the good work and I hope for all the success possible in your car. doin great!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM   #69
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

dongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of light
agree with said above, keep it zenki or go kouki, please don't go s15 (front and tail don't match)

kouki would definitely make the stance a lot more aggressive!

if you must, here's a kicker

although i still like Exceed Moat S14 the BEST!!

dongoesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #70
2Fass240us

Trader Rating: (4)
2Fass240us is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
2fast240us ftmfw!!!!!!!! scored some spherical upright bearings, thank you thank you thank you
Dude, my pleasure. I always like helping other racers. Drifters, on the other hand...

If you ever get the urge, I'll take some of those S14 rear lower arms. OK, maybe just some "street cred points" on the board.

Best of luck in the shootout,
Andy
2Fass240us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #71
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerv13 View Post
you need to understand nascar technology is atleast 10 years behind any other racing tech. the highcut rear bodywork has been used on gt cars for years. please do us all a favor and ignore nascar, let alone even comparing to it. OTHERWISE! keep up the good work and I hope for all the success possible in your car. doin great!
Um, you do realize Nascar is on the cutting edge of many other technologies riggt? Just because it looks like some random GT (which is a generalzied statement from any racing body) doesn't mean its' the same.

Nascar tech, mostly engine tech, is incredible. 9000 RPM on pushrods, at WOT, for 500 miles...OMG that's nuts. Most stock SR's would explode at 10 miles of WOT lol. The stresses the NASCAR motors absorb and take is darn near equal to the top fuelers of NHRA. Not even F1 comes close. Sure they don't use the 'highest mechanical E' tech out there ,but whats to say that intricate fancy shit is better?

9000+ rpm
700+ hp
big ass bores, shor tstrokes
500 mph of darn near WOT

get back to me when you can design a motor to withstand that kind of abuse.

Cliffs: Just becaus you think its' some redneck junk, doesn't mean it is. There is a BUNCH of tech in those cars.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #72
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongoesby View Post
agree with said above, keep it zenki or go kouki, please don't go s15 (front and tail don't match)

kouki would definitely make the stance a lot more aggressive!
Just because it looks race, doesn't mean it races well. Just food for thought.

Quote:
although i still like Exceed Moat S14 the BEST!!
While the 'Exceed Moat' cars are fast, lets also not dimiss their HUGE HP difference over similar powered cars. HP is a huge advantage in this 'league of cars'.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 03-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #73
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerv13 View Post
you need to understand nascar technology is atleast 10 years behind any other racing tech. the highcut rear bodywork has been used on gt cars for years. please do us all a favor and ignore nascar, let alone even comparing to it.
Are you serious?
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #74
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

dongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Just because it looks race, doesn't mean it races well. Just food for thought.

While the 'Exceed Moat' cars are fast, lets also not dimiss their HUGE HP difference over similar powered cars. HP is a huge advantage in this 'league of cars'.
Cody, please read forward, Geoff is asking opinion for the look previously, nothing else.
dongoesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #75
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Cody, please read forward, Geoff is asking opinion for the look previously, nothing else.
Wow I totally read that wrong last night, my apologies brother!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #76
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Geoff, I may have missed it (I DID read this whole thread), but what engine management will you be running? AEM? PowerFC? Haltech?

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #77
Nismoogle

Nismoogle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nismoogle Send a message via Yahoo to Nismoogle
Good to see this monster being put to use! I have been following this build since day one! Good Luck agains Tarzan and the other drivers!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #78
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
We need less talking and MORE pics and updates!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #79
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

just dynoed on weds, and went to the track yesterday - car is making wayyy too much power doing 4wheel burnouts like its on ice skates. will have a big update with pics and vids coming later today
Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #80
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

good timing serge, posted identical time as me LOL
Old 03-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #81
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Lol that's crazy, but can't wait to see these vid's and pics!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #82
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
The stresses the NASCAR motors absorb and take is darn near equal to the top fuelers of NHRA. Not even F1 comes close.
I dont agree with that at all. 19,000 RPM going up and down through the rev range on a 2.4L V8 making 850hp pushing a car that makes more than twice its weight in downforce. You cant even start an F1 motor unless its fed preheated 150* oil. F1 has a 2 motor limit the entire year, NASCAR can rebuild motors every race. So I would think F1 engines are on par in the stress related area.

And I dont think anything comes with in miles to NHRA Top Fuel in terms of engine stress.

On topic, I like those mod'ed RLCA's. I wouldnt mind making some of those my self when I get around to replacing the ball join with a spherical bearing + stud.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #83
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

final vmount pics:

bubbler tank for vmount:

rear susp is back under the knife, but shocks are inverted

on the dyno, 100% RWD:

^^jeff evans tuning

^^final 88-75 dyno at 20 psi on E85 - too laggy. will upload a fun dyno vid tonite or tomorrow

theres 4 weeks left and TONS of work to do still, will be swapping on a prototype S300 turbo from BW shortly! dont know if ill be able to post much more until after the event, the heat is on and clock is ticking

full update posted here if anyone is interested: http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothrea...tuner-shootout
Old 03-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #84
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
oh gooood.

you cant stop the updates!

i love this car too much, i even made a forza clone!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #85
maxlineGTR

maxlineGTR is an unknown quantity at this point
you guys are too innovative....haha...sick as hell....
maxlineGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #86
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

zilviakid - post a pic of the forza R14!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #87
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Geoff this thread mutha fu%in delivers!!!!

I couldn't wait for that sick a$$ v-mount setup to be posted up lol
Old 03-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #88
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
zilviakid - post a pic of the forza R14!
its not much to look at lol, and my console is banned so i cant just upload them...
Old 03-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #89
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
new setup looks great Geoff! can't wait to see how you guys do!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #90
FullRaceGeoff
Leaky Injector

just got the manifold and downpipe 2000degree HPC coated, and installing the new prototype turbo today.

i scrapped the old aluminum uprights i had on there, switching the sphericals over to a new pair with entirely stock geometry. Rod lengths are 8.50 and 12.25. toe rod eccentric at the full outboard position (shortest toe rod possible)

cut out the spare tire well and made a complete flat bottom + integrating a diffuser. pics coming soon