Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #541
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
YOUR CHASSIS: S14

WHEELS: 5 Zigen FN01r-C's (Hyper Black) 17x8 +25, 17x10 +12's

TIRES: Falken Azenis RT615's; 235-40-17, 255-40-17

Suspension: KTS Coilovers 8K/6K springs, SPL front tension rods, SPL RUCAs, SPL Rear Toe arm's, Longfellow Fender braces, OEM Tie rods, ES Steering rack Bushings, SPL Subframe Inserts

Brakes: Q45 front w/ OEM rotors, Hawk Pads,SPL SS lines; Z32 Rears, OEM pads, Rotors, SS lines

Engine Mods: Modified stock intake, Home Made Exhuast

MISC: Home made Brake deflectors, Recaro SRD, Personal Wheel, Stock VLSD, 15mil H&R Spacers(front)

PURPOSE OF CAR: street/track/both

PICTURES:
-Old shitty tires & before leveled out ride height / current alignment / 15mil Spacers-

Home made Fender braces, wire harness moved, and brake deflectors.

Rear Sus Shot
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #542
kahlistrophic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thread starter suggested i should post here so, here goes

Wheels: Enkei RPF1 17x9.5 +18 (+15 w/ 3 mm spacer) front, 17x10 +18 rear

Tires: front 235/40/17 Kumho Ecsta 711, rear 255/40/17 Falken FK452

PURPOSE OF CAR: street/track/both (plan to be taken off the street in the near future)

front has been lowered more since these pics were taken

Old 07-06-2008, 05:41 AM   #543
a_ahmed
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah your car kicks ass, much nicer looking than that gold crap rims, rpf1s ftw plus nice setup Could fit 255s up front too
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #544
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
s14
18x9.5 +12 up front running a 265/35 on stock fender. maybe a 275/35?
only roll or cut the inner fender lip.
still want to be pretty low.

how would this work?

also plan on 305/35/18 on 18x10.5 +15 rear w/ 50mm overfender
Full-Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #545
bloodangels13
Zilvia Junkie

bloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to bloodangels13
I plan on doing the same in the rear on my s13 coupe but running a 315/30/18 AZENIS RT615

when i do that ill be the only s-chassis car in Northern VA with tires that wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This post was brought to you by the number: Rum
And by the letter: Go Fuck Yourself
And also by viewers like you.
bloodangels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #546
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukidrftr View Post
S13 wide body project
Fronts - 18x11 -32
Rears - 18x12 - 45
Work Meisters

Any updates on this project?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #547
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
YAY! +1 for RPFs!

i run the same tire setup as you, with the difference that my wheel sizes and offsets are worse...

found another pic of mine:
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #548
a_ahmed
BANNED

^That looks bloody awesome

Is that a vertex kit?
Old 07-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #549
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
no it's origin stylish.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #550
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
since when were 255's on a 10" wheel considered maximum?

i had 255/45's on a 17x10+12 FN and had that shit tucked in the rear.

you prolly shouldn't post in this thread unless you got 255's up front.

that's a 255 on a 10
was stretched to my knowledge.

hopefully this job works out and i can go get some 285's and 255's and some spacers for the front.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 PM   #551
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Here's a little teaser of what I'll be working on fitting later this year. Currently I have a set of 275 RA-1's that I need to finish off first.

275/40/17 V710's on 17x10 +25 wheels. These tires are nearly an 1" wider than the 275 RA-1's. 30mm fenders up front and alot of pulling in the rear and I should be able to fit these just fine.

No spacers needed up front, just some more camber and some wider fenders.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #552
a_ahmed
BANNED

sex on wheels or rather car on sex or something hehe, awesome
Old 07-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #553
Jesses240
Leaky Injector

Jesses240 is making a name for him/her selfJesses240 is making a name for him/her selfJesses240 is making a name for him/her self
OUR CHASSIS: S13

WHEELS: 5 Zigen FN01RC's 17x10 +35

TIRES: Yoko S-drive's; 255-40-17, 255-40-17

Suspension: MR Coilovers

Alignment: -2.2 camber and .1 toe in (lowest I can go with gay stock arms)

Engine Mods: who cares for this thread

Misc: Well stock fenders fitting a 10" rim right now... (a roll is pretty much all it will need I think... I really want to go 275 for the rear... but that will require a a big pull for sure, and I dont want my fenders completly trashed and i hate ghetto widebody, nor want to spend the money to do it "right"

PURPOSE OF CAR: street/track/both

Ok so I just rolled/slight pulled the fenders... perrrrfect no rubbing, grips hard, I love it :-)

Last edited by Jesses240; 07-09-2008 at 10:35 PM..
Jesses240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #554
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

i got a Q for all those folks running 245s and wider on the front of an S13...

how do you manage to drive without rubbing? my 8.5 235s almost rub the inner fenders on full lock and i only have offset 22... i mean, even with overs or wide fenders they will still hit the inner fender...

i'll try to get a pic up later...
Old 07-10-2008, 04:16 AM   #555
Mr.James
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Mr.James is making a name for him/her selfMr.James is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
proly has to do with the offset of the wheel.
Mr.James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:19 AM   #556
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

well, if i go with higher offsets, the wheels/tires will rub the coilovers.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #557
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
well, if i go with higher offsets, the wheels/tires will rub the coilovers.
got it backwards, he was saying that it has to do with the fact that your offset is a little high. You should probably toss in a small spacer to lower your offset which will give you more inner clearence.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:30 AM   #558
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

if i run a lower offset, my wheels are gonna stick out more... and that is exactly the problem...

nevermind, i'll post a picture later.

edit: here's the pic i promised.

as you can see, i have about 5 millimeters of space till the tire hits the plastic inner fender thingy.
i have most of the plastic removed already, but i left the rear side of it on because otherwise the dirt that gets kicked up by the front tires will get behind my fenders and doors and all that. if i have to, i'll remove it of course, but it will only give me few millimeters more.

castor is set right btw.

maybe a 245 will fit with no problems at all but i'm always concerned about things like that

Last edited by Firestorm; 07-10-2008 at 09:34 AM..
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #559
bloodangels13
Zilvia Junkie

bloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of lightbloodangels13 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to bloodangels13
in order to run a 255 in the front of a s13 chassis in my experince means goin with wide fenders or a very agro roll and pull

i have wide fenders on my front with a 18x8.5 with an effect offset of +20 and running a 255 azenis rt615 Im not running loads of camber either.
the thing is i had to hammer the lip on the top of the wheel well, cut lip on the framerail and weld it shut, and also hammer the wells in spots the tire rubbed at full lock ( Im ganna do custom fender tubs this winter)

most of my rubbing issues tho are because im running 18's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
This post was brought to you by the number: Rum
And by the letter: Go Fuck Yourself
And also by viewers like you.
bloodangels13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #560
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
castor is set right btw.
What is "right" stock doesn't mean right, more caster will help you with that.

or just take the plastic out.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #561
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
a ahmed lets see a pic of your car.....

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #562
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
take the plastic garbage out from under your fender.
put a spacer on.
8.5" wheels shouldn't rub unless you offset sucks.

try a 10mm spacer after u take the garbage out if that doesn't work.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #563
canuckster240
BANNED

canuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncanuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncanuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncanuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncanuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
dori: he posted his tire/wheel but did not post his current setup, he is rebuilding his car. Will be running 255s front and rear
canuckster240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #564
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
YOUR CHASSIS:
s13

WHEELS:
Fabulous Expand
- 18x9+8 (+3 w/ 5mm spacer in pics) front
- 18x10.5+18 rear

TIRES:
- Federal 595RS 265/35R18 front
- Hankook RS-2 265/35R18 back

MISC DETAILS:
Originally started out w/ 235 front, 265 rear combo, then wanted to see how much I could fit in front. 265 is a little too much for s13 front w/o significant wheel well destruction/modding.

For my car, I have the +20 front fenders & pulled the rear. The front seams (to top & rear) have been pounded in & out of the way.

Has tein tie rods w/ the spacer (this may have affected some stuff)

Needed to run full camber (somewhere between 3-4 negative, not sure on exact number) on the coilovers to keep from rubbing the fenders too much (with the spacer - to help problem below - rubbed even more during track/autox)

At more than 1 full turn of the steering wheel to either left or right, the left/right tire would touch or be very close to the rear firewall (driver side hits the grommet). I alleviated this a bit on the driver side by tucking the rubber grommet inside the car & duct taped the outside. I also added a spacer, which helped - however the spacer caused more rubbing w/ the fender. I ended up removing the spacer.

Adding caster was not an option (currently running approximately 6 - 6.5 positive caster, from last alignment, which hasn't changed too drastically) - turning the wheel to the right, tire touches the s15 side mount intercooler outlet pipe - I need to push the intercooler forward a bit by modding the brackets.

The tire also touches to the top of the wheel well on softer settings - setting the coilovers to stiff (megans w/ swift springs) helps a bit but makes the car a lot more twitchy during hard cornering than I care for. I have raised the car a bit, but I'm feeling I need to raise it a little more in interest of saving tire.

The rear has plenty of room to grow (currently -1.5 camber more or less in back). Can fit 285's on the current setup w/ ease & just a small increase in camber (needed to match the fronts better anyway) and/or slightly raising the car (again, needed to help match w/ the front).

A good sizing for my particular setup would probably 255/35R18 & 275/35(30 if available)R18 or 285/30R18 in back.

Overall diameter seems to be the issue for s13 front - where the owner doesn't want to tub their wheels and/or can't run bigger front fenders than +20. For 17's, most tires don't have the proper sidewall profile for s13's past 255/40R17. Even 18's, it gets difficult.

PURPOSE OF CAR:
both

PICTURES:
Last pics I took were @ lone pine, no pictures really showing the width of the tire & how close it gets to suspension components, etc - but this should give you an idea:

Old 07-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #565
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
i would like to run bigger rears, like 275
but these front 235 and rear 265 are sticky enough..... re-01r ftw

Old 07-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #566
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
235's do not belong in this thread. Not "maximum" and they look to be a bit stretched!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #567
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeAs240sx View Post
YOUR CHASSIS:
holy sidewall batman
Old 07-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #568
YOSITAIYO
BANNED

YOSITAIYO is a well-known jackass
Anyone have pics of super sex size tires on jlines?
YOSITAIYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #569
Adam496
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
Adam496 is making a name for him/her selfAdam496 is making a name for him/her selfAdam496 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
YOUR CHASSIS: S14

WHEELS: WORK MEISTER S1 2pc. 18x10 +5

TIRES: Pirelli Pzero Rosso 285/30/18

Suspension:
STANCE Coilovers 8K/6K springs

Brakes: 300zx setup with hawk pads

Engine Mods: redtop swap in progress

PURPOSE OF CAR: street + track (HPDE)

PICTURES:

Adam496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:14 AM   #570
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
235's do not belong in this thread. Not "maximum" and they look to be a bit stretched!
How are wide tires entertaining if they're snowtires?

CHECK OUT THESE 335/40/18 KUHMO 712S I BOUGHT

fantastic, totally has less grip than a 215 RE01R
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote