Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-19-2005, 11:12 PM   #61
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
dammmm, that red is HOT!!!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2005, 02:03 AM   #62
bing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
bing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
fukk, those ARE megans...

excuse me, i'm going to go run a hot bath and dig out the razor blades.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:38 AM   #63
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
why not look at it the other way? megans are apex?
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:55 AM   #64
JKim0901
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
JKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
those are real, i was at the apex garage sale and they had those for the s13 on display. I was disapointed to see the sticker stating that they were made in taiwan, looks to be almost identical to the megan ones....
JKim0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:26 AM   #65
bing
Post Whore!

bing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enough
i think Apexi will lose some brand equity with this move.

but it does go to show where the market is headed, people are price-conscious more than they are quality conscious.

not that these are bad, it is just interesting that Apexi has decided to release lower quality products because they are losing sales to companies like Megan.

i would have thought it smarter to just start up their own company like Megan but have it be backed by Apexi, that would make the new company more appealing than Megan being backed by the big-boys. this has the reverse affect. Megan now looks better and Apexi looks worse.

but then again, here i am riding around on busted D2's... so i guess i am just helping to perpetuate the cycle.

i do have Apexi products on my car however, and i did pay full retail for them so...
Old 03-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #66
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
i got apex'i products on my 240 as well and i couldnt be any happier with them! excellent quality!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:32 AM   #67
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
BMW is releasing the 1-series. Does that make the M4 somehow worse?

The release of lower tier product should HELP build the rep, because after people are ready to graduate from ExV's to a better coilover, what will they think of? Apexi'...N1 Pro's.

Theoretically.

These do look freakin' hot, if they were within $50 of MR, i'd jump
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:35 PM   #68
95zilvia
Nissanaholic!

95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light95zilvia is a glorious beacon of light
I just looked at the pictures, I think they didn't even bother repainting the frony camber plate.

Damnit, I used to have the Apexi WS coilovers, and I went to Megan Racing. Looks like I got Apexi again, or actually, looks like, I got MR, or actually, ahh, I dunno.

At least I can say my coilovers are the same as the Apexi.
95zilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #69
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
maybe the internals are different?
yudalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:51 AM   #70
Juujai
Zilvia Member

Juujai will become famous soon enoughJuujai will become famous soon enoughJuujai will become famous soon enough
it's not really apexis fault. japans exchange rate is getting higher and higher. It's just adding another product to their line up by allowing other countries to make it for em. it's not like the apexi n1s are made in taiwan. i'd stop buyin gany of their products if even their high end stuff is made by cheaper labor countrys. it's true about you get what you pay for though. just because megans and apexi are similar theyre both still made in taiwan. I think it'd be better to wait a while as some of the guys on the forums use it for a while and give us a longer term feedback.

screw ohlins its all about quantum =)
Juujai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:10 PM   #71
MikeFD3S
Zilvia Member

MikeFD3S is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MikeFD3S
D2, Ksport, Megan Racing, Apex, Buddy Club...all the same junk....aiya.. a lot of people had some very serious problems with those D2's and Ksports....someone do some extended testing on these MRs! Go on a fairly bumpy road or something. I'm really curious why A'pexi would choose to go with such a company.

Can TDM parts hang with JDM? Hehe I really doubt it. Company's like KYB Japan have been making shocks since the 1920's and they're used on millions of cars and even aircraft landing gear...if its safe enough for the lives of millions, it has to be reliable and will really do its job. 85 yr experience vs 5 yr experience? I'll go with the former

Internals "should" be different from the MR's but i wouldnt be surprised if they were the same. Since they are using the same casings and same internal valves, the reliability will be the same between the two.

Apex will take a big hit on their credibility with things like these. Although their products aren't expensive as parts from HKS, they are still pretty expensive for what they are. Their N1 catbacks aren't even full stainless (aluminized steel) yet they retail for over $650. Dissapointing, really.

looks and reliability are two very seperate things. A lot of times things are made to look bling to make up for quality.
'90 240SX Hatch

'89 240SX Coupe [dead]
'91 Geo Storm [dead]
'86 FC3S GXL [gone]
MikeFD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #72
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
the day i lose faith is when GP sports and OBX come out with the same coilovers lol

then i will buy OBX coilovers...and for reference, i rock MR coilovers now...and they're nice

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:39 PM   #73
TK
Zilvia Junkie

TK is an unknown quantity at this point
well i installed mine today, ride isn't too bad... once i get the car insured (hopefully weds) i'll take the car out on a drive.

mike, apexi does make a full stainless n1 catback and has been for the last year.. its called the N1 EVO
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:23 PM   #74
Juujai
Zilvia Member

Juujai will become famous soon enoughJuujai will become famous soon enoughJuujai will become famous soon enough
after lots of complaint and problems with things, then they start forking out some more money to their third world countries to use better materials... i hate it when exhausts rust. i think id rather just work hard even though i get paid a pretty low wage id rather buy a better quality product instead of just buying whats cheap. atleast i have a sense of peace in my mind.
Juujai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #75
Catalan
Zilvia Member

Catalan is an unknown quantity at this point
So when the MR's blow you have to send them to Taiwan to fix? If that's the case I'd rather buy Apexi.
Catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #76
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Per Apex'i, they now have EXV applications for the S14 as well as the Evolution 8.

As far as pricing, the price is the same as the S13 application.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:54 AM   #77
bing
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero
BMW is releasing the 1-series. Does that make the M4 somehow worse?

The release of lower tier product should HELP build the rep, because after people are ready to graduate from ExV's to a better coilover, what will they think of? Apexi'...N1 Pro's.

Theoretically.

These do look freakin' hot, if they were within $50 of MR, i'd jump
BMW is making the 1-series because Kia is the fastest growing automaker in the world.

and Kia is owned by one of the big-three american comapnies arent they.

buy a kia, export your future
shop at wal-mart, export your future