Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Another Cheap FR Sports Car? Nissan joins the fray

Filed under: Sports/GTs, Japan, Nissan

Japan's top two auto makers have a long and sordid history of ripping off each other's successful designs. No sooner had the Nissan Cube become a run away success in its home market than Toyota came up with the similarly boxy bB (Scion xB). Many years earlier, after the Toyota HiLux Surf (4Runner) proved a hit with, well, surfers, Nissan restyled their Terrano with nigh on identical lines, hoping to ride on the coattails of the Toyota. And let's not get in to the Supra vs. Z and Celica vs. Skyline wars.

Now, just weeks after confirming that Toyota does indeed have a successor to the lauded AE86 in the pipeline, Best Car magazine claims to have evidence that Nissan has got a team working on building a new Silvia. Like the final 2002 S15 Spec R Silvia the new car is reckoned to be powered by a turbocharged two-liter good for 247 HP, but will just be 10 kgs heavier at one and a quarter metric tons (2450lbs).

The new range should sell for between 2.5 and 2.8 million Yen ($21,000 - $23,700), but not until 2010. Best Car's scoop ties in nicely with photographs of a shortened Z, most likely a mule testing a new, smaller FR drive train, taken at the ring earlier in the summer. If the new Silvia is indeed to be based on a modified Z/Skyline LM platform, expect a similar wheelbase of 8' 6", but smaller overall dimensions, around 14' 4" long by 5' 8" wide.
Chances of Nissan bringing a concept car, possibly derived from the URGE shown in Detroit last year, to October's Tokyo Motor Show? 60-percet according to the magazine.
[Source: Best Car]

Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
First one to post in the new section!! WOOT!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This section is taking away from my established RWD thread. REPOST!

http://www.zilvia.net/f//showthread.php?t=127041&page=9

Lock.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
Curse you! You beat me to the news! Granted I had to setup the feed and and all that stuff.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That's cause I'm top of this stuff like a prostitute on a Sat night.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #6
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

I will agree, you posted that news within 3 minutes of it being released!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I try to keep threads going like that. I know if I don't like seeing multiple threads of the same thing posted I'm sure you don't.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
The roof line looks like a 1st gen eclipse, the ass looks like a civic, and the heads look kind of like that from a celica. The worst of all worlds??? WTF is going on?! Thank god these are only concept photos, haha...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I saw that pic in a Japanese mag two years ago, this is old news.

woohoo 6500 posts. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM   #10
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiI40sx View Post
First one to post in the new section!! WOOT!!
What thats cool.
Firts to post ftw.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #11
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

The picture is old, yes. However the news might be legit. Only time will tell.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #12
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
that new hach is going to how much?? Nuts. Can't wait for the FR cars.

Like the new section. I love keeping out with the FRnews.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
Old 08-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #13
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST View Post
The picture is old, yes. However the news might be legit. Only time will tell.
The news is new. People can deny that these cars are coming, but it's true. There are a half dozen cars that have been confirmed that the manufactures are working on in the RWD coupe segment.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
yes im digging the new hatch too. ha ha =) makes me wanna sell my coupe and make myself a little Type X. ohhhhhhhhh yeah *drool*

Review Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #15
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

Im just stoked as all hell to see some buzz around affordable RWD cars these days. It will give me a nice option between the Fuji/Toyota or this new Nissan, dont think Id buy the Hyundai tho will be interesting.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #16
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
i'll be in line to buy one of these. it should complement the Z nicely if I even have it by then.

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
Old 08-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #17
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
they build a 247 HP, rwd car that weights less than 2500lbs for less than $25k, they got me sold!!!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #18
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
but will just be 10 kgs heavier at one and a quarter metric tons (2450lbs)
they screwed up the conversion 1.25 metric tons = 1250kg = 2756lbs which is still pretty light but its not under 2500lbs

whoever did that seemed to have mixed up US tons(2000lbs) and metric tons(1000kg)
Old 08-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #19
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
2400 lbs would be wayy light. If they make a coup version, I'm buying one. No question.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:45 AM   #20
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
I want something less super futuristic.

They should just remake an S15
Old 08-14-2007, 04:49 AM   #21
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i posted it first in the premie chat but got no responses
Old 08-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #22
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
that car looks nasty
Old 08-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #23
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
^^^^^ I tend to agree, something that looks along the lines of the Altima coupe would be better. Given these choices I would take a 350z any day of the week instead.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #24
SiI40sx
BANNED

SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
For being a prototype I love it. It has massive potential. The bodystyle looks good to me so far. They just need to fix the rear and rooflines a little.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #25
h23
Zilvia Member

h23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymore
It IS just a concept car so if it goes into production it will be toned down quite a bit. And if it is going to keep the silvia name, it would probably be more based off the s15, than that ugly thing up top.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #26
bboyt3nsk
Zilvia Member

bboyt3nsk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bboyt3nsk
I must say...I probably get rid of the miata for one of these 2 cars for sure!

Id also like to say im glad that toyota wised up and remembered theres a whole bunch of people who like sports cars!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #27
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST View Post
Curse you! You beat me to the news! Granted I had to setup the feed and and all that stuff.
Actually I was the first to say something about the new silvia on here with pics... So hurray for me!

Post 700!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #28
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by h23 View Post
It IS just a concept car so if it goes into production it will be toned down quite a bit. And if it is going to keep the silvia name, it would probably be more based off the s15, than that ugly thing up top.
You would hope. Though you fail to realize that the S chassis series is dead. The new Silvia will be based off a current modern chassis series that Nissan builds now. The S chassis series is old tech. Yup face it our cars chassis's are no longer modern in the car world. In fact though its heavier the current Z chassis is a pretty damn amazing chassis. It handles like a chassis 600-700lbs lighter than it is. This is in part due to the amazing stiffness of it.
This is why a new Silvia would most likely be based off a shortened version of the same chassis series.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #29
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
the new silvia is based off the 350z since thats called Fairlady
I think this new ugly Zilvia should be called Ladyboy....
Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #30
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
As long as it isn't TOO futuristic, I'd be down.

Might even have to put getting a rex on hold
Closed Thread