Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Three flavors of Nissan GT-R, orders began in Japan yesterday

It cometh. Dealers in Japan opened the sluices on GT-R orders as of yesterday. Pre-ordering will be possible until October 24, when the car is revealed at the Tokyo Auto Show. Caveat emptor: anyone who signs his or her name on an order form will not be allowed to cancel that order. You sign, you buy.
And the three varieties of GT-R are again confirmed, with dealers actually having sales material in hand listing models and specs. The rundown we know of is the standard model at 480 HP and $57,000, a V-Spec for $67,000, and an EVO-spec with 530 HP, 200 fewer pounds and a $94,000 tag. The home team -- Japan, that is -- begins receiving deliveries in December.
[Source: 7tune]
Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
530hp AWD...so cool. I can't wait til next month. I don't know why, it's not like I'm getting one. But sure is cool.

Can you image how much shit traffic Nissan dealers are gonna get from fanboys (like me) walking in expecting to see a GTR.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
530hp AWD...so cool. I can't wait til next month. I don't know why, it's not like I'm getting one. But sure is cool.

Can you image how much shit traffic Nissan dealers are gonna get from fanboys (like me) walking in expecting to see a GTR.
+1 man. i cant wait to see it! I hope we are offered the same options as Japan is
Old 09-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
WYT R1CE
Zilvia Junkie

WYT R1CE is making a name for him/her selfWYT R1CE is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to WYT R1CE
that shit is bad ass, i hope its not a total let down.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
SNC240SX
Zilvia Junkie

SNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfectionSNC240SX is close to perfection
Thats awesome. Ill wait 20 years till its used and old then ill get one.
SNC240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
kdashy
Zilvia FREAK!

kdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfectionkdashy is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kdashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNC240SX View Post
Thats awesome. Ill wait 20 years till its used and old then ill get one.
And Ill have my 600HP 2027 Z-VTEC Civic.

That flies.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
New GTR Info, including colors!http://jalopnik.com/cars/tokyo-auto-...nfo-303566.php

Other news:
The official Chassis code will be R35 if anyone was wondering.
Engine is VR38.
No manual transmission option, at least for Japan.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
No manual option is just stupid. Plain and simple.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
marn
Leaky Injector

marn is making a name for him/her selfmarn is making a name for him/her self
nice ride. can only dream

Last edited by marn; 04-21-2008 at 06:39 PM..
marn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #10
street240
Zilvia Junkie

street240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nice
I jsut cant wait to see one actually on the road. I will probably hit the car in front of me.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 PM   #11
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
No manual transmission option, at least for Japan.
whoever made that decision needs to fall on a knife
Old 10-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #12
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
No manual is the fuckin downfall of the automotive performance market. First it was Mercedes who didnt make their performance models in Manual,Mitsu Evo X doesnt come in manual, and now this, whats next the apocolypse?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 PM   #13
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
im sure the tranny on the gtr will be super advanced and shift faster than any human could blah blah. i still wish it came manual lol
Old 10-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #14
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
im sure the tranny on the gtr will be super advanced and shift faster than any human could blah blah. i still wish it came manual lol

exactly, thats all fine and dandy but i want to feel like I'M driving the car... and shifting has something to do w/ that... i dont like the fact of spending 90K$ and then telling me i cant shift too... if i was in the market this would be one of the reasons i wouldnt buy one...

it wierd people always look at me funny when they as the infamous "what would u drive if u could buy anything" question... and its never any exotic or european car... shit like this is the reason why.. now the japanese companies are doing it too... blah
Old 10-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #15
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
The new GTR will change gears in .2 seconds. Which is way faster than anything i'd ever hope to do with a clutch and a gear box. And you will be in total control of the gear changes, if you want to peg the rev limiter in a gear, the tranny will allow it. It employs the same shifter style at the F1 Ferrari gearboxes.

However, i agree with all of you, i want a clutch and a gear box to play with. Its part of driving that i enjoy the most
Old 10-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #16
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I am sick of people who really don't understand semi automatic trans with paddle shifters ala F1, ragging on them.
You all need to go out and study these transmissions . These things are bad ass and shift like a manual without a clutch pedal.
Tap the paddle forward or upward gear up tap it downward or back gear down. Thats just sick and much the way motorcycle shifters work. Now If your that stuck in the past, as to not realize the beauty and dopeness of a system like that, then you don't deserve the right to own or drive a super car. As nearly all of them are coming setup up this way these days.
As far as I am concerned I would love nothing more than to have the shifter at my fingertips as I am driving to make the shifting that much quicker and the driving experience that much more concentrated.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 10-19-2007 at 10:29 AM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:22 AM   #17
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

i wasnt bagging on it .. i could give two shits...like black zenki said i like the whole clutch/shift deal... its a part of driving imo... sure its fine that my leg doesnt have to get tired in traffic, or my shifting will be quicker and i can be more focused or "concentrated" as you put it when im doing laps around nurburgring (or however the hell you spell it)... hell maybe it'll be even HARDER for me to miss a gear and jack my head/vavletrain up which is why my car is down at the moment

but MOST gtr owners will do none of that (well they'll probly sit in alot of traffic haha)

so as Grand as this F1 paddle shifter type mission may be... they can keep it
Old 10-19-2007, 01:26 AM   #18
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ggalant View Post
i wasnt bagging on it .. i could give two shits...like black zenki said i like the whole clutch/shift deal... its a part of driving imo... sure its fine that my leg doesnt have to get tired in traffic, or my shifting will be quicker and i can be more focused or "concentrated" as you put it when im doing laps around nurburgring (or however the hell you spell it)... hell maybe it'll be even HARDER for me to miss a gear and jack my head/vavletrain up which is why my car is down at the moment

but MOST gtr owners will do none of that (well they'll probly sit in alot of traffic haha)

so as Grand as this F1 paddle shifter type mission may be... they can keep it
you know what you so miss the bigger picture its funny.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:34 AM   #19
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
manual or not, i wouldnt mind owning one. I'd prefer a manual, but hell i wont complain if i owned any car of this caliber
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:39 AM   #20
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Your so high and mighty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
you know what you so miss the bigger picture its funny.
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #21
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
who cares how bad ass the f1 infused paddle shifter design is...it's a matter opinion, and i would personally prefer to have a gearbox and clutch rather than feel like i'm playing gran turismo

you, (drift freaq) are on the contrary....accept that
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #22
mayco_86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
mayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Cant wait to see it in person. The GTR is the sh*t.
mayco_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #23
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothonaleash View Post
who cares how bad ass the f1 infused paddle shifter design is...it's a matter opinion, and i would personally prefer to have a gearbox and clutch rather than feel like i'm playing gran turismo

you, (drift freaq) are on the contrary....accept that
You know what. You don't know what your talking about. I have to accept that I have different opinion? :rolf: Dude I have a different opinion and you know a few people on this forum not liking Paddle shifters does not make the world. lol
If you think I am not comfortable with that lol then you would fail in debate 101.

Oh by the way come back and talk about this when your old enough to drive a car with a full license and the money to own a car of this caliber. lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #24
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
You know what. You don't know what your talking about. I have to accept that I have different opinion? :rolf: Dude I have a different opinion and you know a few people on this forum not liking Paddle shifters does not make the world. lol
If you think I am not comfortable with that lol then you would fail in debate 101.

Oh by the way come back and talk about this when your old enough to drive a car with a full license and the money to own a car of this caliber. lol

To play devil's advocate, you do lose the ability to skip shift and modulate clutch engagement, but 99% of people will lap faster times with the sequential gearbox so I don't know what the complaint is.

The only downside IMHO is that the sequential gearbox will most likely be more expensive than a traditional one.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #25
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothonaleash View Post
and i would personally prefer to have a gearbox and clutch rather than feel like i'm playing gran turismo
t
Which is legally all you've been able to do.

I prefer to row my own too. If I was actually to purchase a GTR, I'd wait til late 08 when it's availible.

But paddle shifters have come a long way and are proven.

Also, you get sliiightly a different feel going at 250mph (I can only assume. The fastest I've ever got a car up to was 150. By judgement, it's a accurate assumption) then you do while playing GT. And by slightly I actually mean COMPLETELY FUCKIN DIFFERENT. Trust me, you wouldn't feel like you are playing a video game.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #26
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Which is legally all you've been able to do.
l o l
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #27
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
The sequential may be better for going fast, and I won't deny its status as a technological marvel, but I would still prefer a traditional manual transmission.
Since I've bought my Jag, I really miss commuting in a manual-equipped car.

There's just something about rowing through the gears that makes my day.
Now of course an clutchless sequential is very different from the autostick setup my Jag has, but I've driven some of the best sequentials currently on the market delivering cars to photoshoots, and while impressive, I quickly grew bored of them and ended up leaving them in full auto.

While driving the new M5 with SMG, I was snicking through the gears, and the only thing I could think was "wow, this has quick gear changes, but it would be more fun to drive with a 6-speed manual."

As the manual transmission dies out in the US, there are those of us who feel almost romantic about them. Anyone can drive an SMG, but being able to drive a stick is a learned skill. This is why most other countries have seperate licensing tests for auto and manual transmissions. (SMG's are grouped with the auto test if you're wondering.)

I'm not missing the big picture. Sure, Sequentials are better at what they do than manuals.
In comparison, almost every motorcycle is better than a Harley Davidson, but that doesn't keep people who know this from buying Harleys.
So I'm going to take the fun of working the clutch and shifting my own gears over the microseconds of shift time a sequential would save me.
Why? I find it more fun. And I'm not the only one.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #28
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Im saving up for my GT-R
Old 10-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #29
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
paddle is fine with me since i dont know how to drive stick.. hehehe
beeracing s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #30
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
bump for a sick car I hope it lives up to the name and I wish it was a six speed manual...if im gonna spend all that $$$ I should atleast have an choice between the two. then again its will be better for people that cant drive stick ^^^^^