Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Nissan and Chrysler may build cars and trucks together

Filed under: Chrysler, Nissan
Citing inside sources, Bloomberg reports today that Chrysler and Nissan are in talks to develop cars, trucks and engines together. Both companies happen to be the third largest automakers in their home market and both are used to collaborative efforts in car making. Chrysler is working with Volkswagen on minivans and Chinese automaker Chery on a small car, for instance, while Nissan-Renault continues to seek a partner in the U.S. after a proposed partnership with General Motors fell through. Chrysler and Nissan, however, are reportedly not considering acquiring any type of ownership in each other. The co-development would be limited to truck development for Nissan, small car development for Chrysler and joint development of new engines. Nissan is likely hoping that tapping into a U.S. automakers' expertise on full-size trucks will lead to changes that make its Titan pickup more competitive. Chrysler, meanwhile, is still without a car smaller than the Caliber and could benefit from Nissan's experience selling small cars in Japan and Europe. Again, the talks are private so neither company has confirmed they're in discussions, but collaboration on this scale seems to becoming more common in the industry, especially for automakers that aren't the biggest, but aren't the smallest, either.

[Source: Bloomberg]Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Bot your wrong Nissan is Japan's #2 Automaker not number 3.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:57 PM   #3
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
ugh fuck that. chrysler hasnt made a decent fucking car in YEARS.

so what now, it can't do it on its own, and mitsu and mercedes arent part the plan anymore, so it has to cross breed with nissan? fuck that.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
nissan should team up with BMW just because of the fact that the M3 is ballin and their cars look a whole lot better then nissan... we need a 325i at a altima price...
Old 12-16-2007, 12:13 AM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
nissan should team up with BMW just because of the fact that the M3 is ballin and their cars look a whole lot better then nissan... we need a 325i at a altima price...
Hahaha that would be pretty funny since the G37 just out BMW'd the 335 in a head to head test. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
xcusememisswyn
Zilvia Addict

xcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Hahaha that would be pretty funny since the G37 just out BMW'd the 335 in a head to head test. LOL
Link?!?!

I want to see that haha
Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #7
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
^^ i honestly don't care which won.. i think the e46 bmw's are the best looking cars to ever touch the road.. but hey thats my opinion.. so i guess it really doesnt matter.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcusememisswyn View Post
Link?!?!

I want to see that haha
I believe it was Road and Track or Car and Driver about a month back. I remember seeing it and reading it. Plus the LA Times did a reprint of it in their car section special they run once a week.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
xcusememisswyn
Zilvia Addict

xcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfection
The 335 won in the one i read, thats why im wondering where it was different.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
^^ i honestly don't care which won.. i think the e46 bmw's are the best looking cars to ever touch the road.. but hey thats my opinion.. so i guess it really doesnt matter.
no it doesn't hahahhahahhahhaha j/k.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:32 AM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcusememisswyn View Post
The 335 won in the one i read, thats why im wondering where it was different.
If you look at the overall the G37 comes up as the winner overall even though the 335 edged it out in a few area's. Basically they said overall the G matched in some areas came close in others and exceeded in enough over the 335( not in those exact same words but that was the gist of the summary) thereby giving it the top score.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:36 AM   #12
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
no it doesn't hahahhahahhahhaha j/k.
lol... but seriously...

i mean seriously just look.

but hey lets get this on topic... so is the titan gonna get bigger and maybe a turbo diesel.. yay for the economy more BIG trucks... wat happened to the small 4cylinder trucks that everybody loved...

come on car companys.. think!!!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #13
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
If nissan gets a GOOD, diesel in there stuff it would be sweet. Not any of that shit like they tried in the liberty.

Titan+Cummins TDI= New toy
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 AM   #14
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
ugh fuck that. chrysler hasnt made a decent fucking car in YEARS.

so what now, it can't do it on its own, and mitsu and mercedes arent part the plan anymore, so it has to cross breed with nissan? fuck that.
^ what he said. Chrysler has been slowly dying for years, they need to merge with gm and get it over with. Nissan needs to stay as far away from Chrysler's epic fail as possible.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #15
justaKAiswear
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
justaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chrysler has new ownership now, they are supposedly tryin to turn it around... I dont see where the benefit for Nissan would be with the notorious reputation of build quality and longevity of Chrysler. Benz learned its lesson the hard way!
justaKAiswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #16
h23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
h23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymoreh23 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98s14inaz View Post
^ what he said. Chrysler has been slowly dying for years, they need to merge with gm and get it over with. Nissan needs to stay as far away from Chrysler's epic fail as possible.
I agree 100%.. Chrysler vehicles are a dying breed and don't need to drag Nissan down with it (whom I think has the best line up of cars this year they've ever had)
h23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #17
remety
Leaky Injector

remety is on a distinguished road
Chrysler = Failure!

Hope Nissan steers clear of them....
remety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #18
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
with the decline in quality and reliability in mercs lately, im sure nissan cars will follow the same downfall as merc if this merge does go through.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #19
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
chry-ssan

yee haw.
I want to see a factory srt-8 into a nissan frame.

BUT WAIT

the srt-8 doesn't even come in a 5 speed manual.
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #20
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto View Post
chry-ssan
christ son!!!! lol
Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #21
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
What is up with all the bloody collaborations lately? Make your own dang engines!

It all started with DSM's.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #22
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Gross. I hope Nissan doesn't go through with this. If anything, Chrysler should be taken over by GM instead. Or better yet, Chrysler just needs to die. They suck. Nissan needs to stay the fuck away from them. Chrysler's been making rolling pieces of shit for years now. I don't see how Nissan (or any other company for that matter) will do anything for them.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #23
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddafakka View Post
Gross. I hope Nissan doesn't go through with this. If anything, Chrysler should be taken over by GM instead. Or better yet, Chrysler just needs to die. They suck. Nissan needs to stay the fuck away from them. Chrysler's been making rolling pieces of shit for years now. I don't see how Nissan (or any other company for that matter) will do anything for them.
you are fuckin stupid sir, Jeep 4X4's are bad ass. they are just straight bad ass for off road. 2nd of all my car is a chrisler its a Talon. and its a great fuckin car. might not be JDM drifter tight. but it does have a turbo. and a bullet proof bottom end. leather ac, and the cops can't give me shit about having a big ass turbo just chilling in my engine bay.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #24
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Yeah I'm stupid because I gave my opinion...give me a fucking break dude.

For the record, I was talking about Chrysler itself. Not Jeep or Dodge. I wouldn't shit talk Jeeps because we have one and it's been good to us for years.

I was thinking about Chrysler only when I typed that, not Chrysler LLC. I should have been more specific but whatever.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #25
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
2nd of all my car is a chrisler its a Talon. and its a great fuckin car. might not be JDM drifter tight. but it does have a turbo. and a bullet proof bottom end. leather ac, and the cops can't give me shit about having a big ass turbo just chilling in my engine bay.

really now? i didnt realize having a bulletproof bottom end meant being prone to crank walk.

chrysler didnt build that car. they helped fund it. the body and drivertrain were done by mitsu. you car isn't a chrysler. its a DSM. Diamond Star Motors. a shit venture between Chrysler, Mitsu, and Hyundai.

its like saying a ponitac vibe wasn't built by toyota. but by GM, when in fact everything is pretty much the same as the toyota matrix is cloned from.

and just because it has a turbo doesn't make it awesome.

every chrysler venture past the last 60s and early 70s has been AWFUL.

jeep is the ONLY chrylser owned company i would ever consider buying a vehicle from....and im not talking about the new pussifed ones (minus the SRT8 cherokee), im talking about the cherokee classics and shit.

/semi rant
Old 01-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #26
98GM6rd
Leaky Injector

98GM6rd is on the path to ruin98GM6rd is on the path to ruin
the only thing good to come from chrysler are the srt8s, the magnum, 300c, and the charger. we can drift those and the srt8 come minimum 400hp. i think if chrys and niss were to merge. we should get a s13/14/15 with minimum 400hp in the US only...just my opinion
98GM6rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #27
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
really now? i didnt realize having a bulletproof bottom end meant being prone to crank walk.

chrysler didnt build that car. they helped fund it. the body and drivertrain were done by mitsu. you car isn't a chrysler. its a DSM. Diamond Star Motors. a shit venture between Chrysler, Mitsu, and Hyundai.

its like saying a ponitac vibe wasn't built by toyota. but by GM, when in fact everything is pretty much the same as the toyota matrix is cloned from.

and just because it has a turbo doesn't make it awesome.

every chrysler venture past the last 60s and early 70s has been AWFUL.

jeep is the ONLY chrylser owned company i would ever consider buying a vehicle from....and im not talking about the new pussifed ones (minus the SRT8 cherokee), im talking about the cherokee classics and shit.

/semi rant
preach bruddah

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #28
swpdwgn
Leaky Injector

swpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to swpdwgn
are you kidding me? fuck that shit chrysler is a bunch of dumb fucking idiot american cluster fucking piece of shit dumb ass's that dont know how to fucking engineer a god damn car.

that is all.
swpdwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #29
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GM6rd View Post
the only thing good to come from chrysler are the srt8s, the magnum, 300c, and the charger. we can drift those and the srt8 come minimum 400hp. i think if chrys and niss were to merge. we should get a s13/14/15 with minimum 400hp in the US only...just my opinion

viper???????????????
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #30
Jordan-S13-Silvia
Zilvia Member

Jordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the rough
I dont believe it.
Jordan-S13-Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote