Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #31
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man I hate to burst all your bubbles but Nissan stopped making great cars in 1998 and I do not want anyone to say the 350Z is as great a car as the 300zx was. The 300zx is way better in almost every category. I love Nissan's older cars. I have owned a pulsar NX, NX2000, 2 240sxs and a 96 300zx. They made cars that had a lot of neat features and would go for ever. When they canceled the 300zx and killed the s series 240 the Nissan that had been around for 30 years or so effectively died. Renault is a crap company and Nissan is not doing well with them at all. I bought my first Dodge product which was a Hemi Charger and with the Challenger coming back that makes Dodge and Chrysler very competitive. Dodge combining with Nissan would be nothing but a WIN/ WIN for Nissan and Dodge. Period...
HemiCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #32
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ i think its Nissan North America that blows.. I loved nissan since i was a kid, i grew up around Zs and the lil pick up Hard bodys... but like you that was in the 90s as well.. I dont really like Nissans current line up. They didnt go balls out on the 350z *but from my understanding, the 300ZX died because of sales in the US, not many people would pay $40k for it, so they didnt want to go that route again since the late 90s they where doing bad* Yah the GTR is cool but it seems like its going to be out of reach for most of us common folks.

Crysler had some cool cars in teh past, nothing though to the outside world that is noticible in history though *I have a few hardback books on sports cars and historical cars and not really anything from crysler*
Old 01-29-2008, 01:18 AM   #33
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCharger View Post
Man I hate to burst all your bubbles but Nissan stopped making great cars in 1998 and I do not want anyone to say the 350Z is as great a car as the 300zx was. The 300zx is way better in almost every category. I love Nissan's older cars. I have owned a pulsar NX, NX2000, 2 240sxs and a 96 300zx. They made cars that had a lot of neat features and would go for ever. When they canceled the 300zx and killed the s series 240 the Nissan that had been around for 30 years or so effectively died. Renault is a crap company and Nissan is not doing well with them at all. I bought my first Dodge product which was a Hemi Charger and with the Challenger coming back that makes Dodge and Chrysler very competitive. Dodge combining with Nissan would be nothing but a WIN/ WIN for Nissan and Dodge. Period...
Ya keep on smoking that crack coming out of your tailpipe. Mr I own a ugly 4 door with a Hemi posing as a Charger. Fuck, modern Dodge and Chrysler is a joke. You think Renault is shit? Hmmm who has won F1 Championships in both Drivers and Constructors? Not Chrysler or Dodge? No wait, a company named Renault, that actually brought the poorly mismanaged Nissan of the 90's back from the brink of bankruptcy.
Your clueless if you think that Nissan has not done well under the steward ship of Renault and Ghosn. The company is profitable again and fuck your 300zx bloated ass excuse for a sports car. It was a Sports GT and did not live up to the legacy of 240Z .
The 350Z on the other hand is a fucking deal for entry level sports car of its caliber and is a lot of bang for the buck. You obviously know nothing about sports cars, or you would at least see that! Even if you did not like the car. Keep on driving that 4 door ugly excuse for a Charger. Real Chargers were always 2 doors.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 01-29-2008 at 01:46 AM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #34
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
I'll have to agree with the other people on this one. I think he just joined this forum to post the above.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #35
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

HemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymoreHemiCharger is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
I'll have to agree with the other people on this one. I think he just joined this forum to post the above.
NO fools -- I do own a 2007 Hemi Charger along with a 96 240sx Zenki. Dodge does not race in Formula series. They race in a little national known racing circuit called NASCAR. The Mopar SRT8 drift charger is badass and even if you do not like them then something should be said for a 4000 lb car that goes 0-60 in under 6 secs or the SRT8 which does it in under 5 secs.

Renault wins in formula racing well that is just great. So does Honda but one still builds sh@t boxes for cars and that is not the company from Japan. Dodge and Chrysler sell 100,000 plus Chargers a year probably more than three lines of cars from Nissan. The Charger might not be JDM tight but it is a nice well made car that gets great gas mileage for what it is.

The 350z may be molded after the original z but the best Z ever made was the early to mid 90s one and I am sorry but it is not a GT car. That was the z31 not the z32.

If you fear a Nissan / Dodge collaboration then think about how it worked for Mitsubishi they gain market in the US while having an avenue for distribution. Again, Nissan North America would benefit from such a partnership, not so much in other parts of the world.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #36
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
NO fools -- I do own a 2007 Hemi Charger along with a 96 240sx Zenki. Dodge does not race in Formula series. They race in a little national known racing circuit called NASCAR. The Mopar SRT8 drift charger is badass and even if you do not like them then something should be said for a 4000 lb car that goes 0-60 in under 6 secs or the SRT8 which does it in under 5 secs.

Renault wins in formula racing well that is just great. So does Honda but one still builds sh@t boxes for cars and that is not the company from Japan. Dodge and Chrysler sell 100,000 plus Chargers a year probably more than three lines of cars from Nissan. The Charger might not be JDM tight but it is a nice well made car that gets great gas mileage for what it is.

The 350z may be molded after the original z but the best Z ever made was the early to mid 90s one and I am sorry but it is not a GT car. That was the z31 not the z32.

If you fear a Nissan / Dodge collaboration then think about how it worked for Mitsubishi they gain market in the US while having an avenue for distribution. Again, Nissan North America would benefit from such a partnership, not so much in other parts of the world.
are you fucking retarded? seriously?

how badass can the mopar charger be since it didnt even finish in the TOP 3 in fomula D.

nascar? who fucking cars? F1 takes waaaaaaaaaaay more engineering then slapping a carb'd V8 in a race chassis and going in circles.

the z32 is the best? the overweight POS? CMON. clearly you must have been typing out of your ass on that one, or have no knowledge of what the fuck a 240/260/280Z is.
AND HOW THE FUCK IS A Z31 A GT CAR?! are you seriously that stupid? i mean...really?

everything chrysler has invested or been apart of HAS FUCKING FAILED!!!! look at mercedes! THEY WERE LOSING MONEY WHEN THEY OWNED CHRYSLER.
look at the abomonation that was the DSM partnership!!! that failed pretty fast too!!!

and if chrysler sells sooooooooooo many chargers, then why the fuck arent they in the big 3 in sale in north america? oh thats right, because toyota, GM, and honda fucking PWN them.

you call Renault pieces of shit?
they are waaaaay ahead of chrysler in the global market in sales. yes. the GLOBAL market. some you clearly cannot wrap your fucking mind around, probably cause its shoved so far up your ass. and just because they arent in the US (yet) doesnt mean they make pos cars. and how the fuck would you know if they are shitty or not? you dont even live in europe! if you actually read up on them, renault has had some of the best selling cars in europe.

and i would take a V6 renault clio over that bloated piece of dried cum you call a charger.

and as far as mitsu goes, look where the fuck they are now. in the red, on the line of bankruptcy. yeh chrysler did SOOOOOO much them.

oh and if you knew how to actually drive a car, you'd know there's more to a car than a fucking 0-60 time. my 240 won't out excellerate an srt8, but itll out fucking handle one.

and srt8s ain't shit. i'll take a fucking corvette or a last gen trans am over one of those any day of the week.

so lets review.

F1>going in circles (nascar)
reneault>chrysler
mitsu=fail even with chrysler's poor attempt.
240z/260z/280z>Z32
you=fail
your car=fail
corvette/trans am/camaro>SRT8
god i love it when close minded rednecks get a hold of the internet, a keyboard, and a zilvia account.

i hope you do 0-60 into a fucking pole 6 seconds.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #37
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

It is NICE to know that everyone on Zilvia is so open minded as yourself. The s13 that you drive since I am sure it is a slow POS, probably would not even be close to a 4000 lb Hemi Charger or SRT8. I did not bash any of your cars so why the hate on mine. I was making a point but since you think Euros are the greatest why not go over there to live? then you could drive all the jdm euro tight 4 bangers you want. In Japan the Ford Mustang is very very popular so are most American muscle cars. It is funny to see a board like this bash cars that are so beloved and respected especially in countries that love those cars more so than their home market cars. The same that you are bashing.

I did not come here to start an internet e-thug fight-- unlike most of your trolling fools -- I work a job that does not involve flipping burgers or living with my parents. This concludes my posting into this thread and I wish all you closed minded idiots good luck. Oh yeah you feel sooo brave then go out and race a few Hemi powered vehicles, trucks or cars and let me know how it works out for your JDM tight s13...

The End...
Old 01-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #38
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
lol such an intelligent comeback. for your fucking information, im a subaru factory technician, and i live on own. hey guess what? i also buid my own cars.

and i am not closed minded. i love a slew of different cars, i was just pointing out how much chrysler sucks, which you have yet to prove me wrong on.

you're the fucking hypocrite who's calling everyone closed minded, when you're the one who has his dick stuck in the tailpipe of his charger.

don't come on here and piss and moan, when you don't even have a decent or semi intelligent rebuttal that involves actual facts.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #39
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
lol such an intelligent comeback. for your fucking information, im a subaru factory technician, and i live on own. hey guess what? i also buid my own cars.

and i am not closed minded. i love a slew of different cars, i was just pointing out how much chrysler sucks, which you have yet to prove me wrong on.

you're the fucking hypocrite who's calling everyone closed minded, when you're the one who has his dick stuck in the tailpipe of his charger.

don't come on here and piss and moan, when you don't even have a decent or semi intelligent rebuttal that involves actual facts.
you are talking Formula 1 so lets break some facts off for you Yamamoto

The 5.7 liter hemi engine has made wards top ten best engine list for 5 years running.

It is a LEGEND.. unlike your scobby rally racing flavor of the month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Hemi_engine

www.allpar.com

tells you everything that you need to know.

You say Chrysler and Dodge suck but other than some formula one crap which besides the Indy 500 no one over here cares about, you show no facts for your bias opinion on Chrysler. Granted the verdict is still out on the build quality of the vehicle but I have had no issues with it at 15,000 miles so far. Formula 1 racing is impression and the technology in it is more impressive but you talking about Dodge and the legendary performance of their cars like you are ignorant and know nothing about them. Every heard of Carol Shelby on dodge cars in the 80s or how about the 426 street hemi which can make over 1000 whp. How about you learn what real cars are about and stop watching the Fast and The Furious ....
Old 01-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #40
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
Uhm the VQ has been in the ward's top ten for 13 years now
Its won every year since 1995

that has nothing to do with F1.

It seems that Nissan is more legendary than Chrysler

Heres the VQ making reliable 1800HP more than POS 1000HP

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzppLAocnEA[/ame]

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=159347
Old 01-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #41
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
If you want proof that Dodge/Chrysler sucks look at Sam Hubbinet. He was dominant if FD in his factory backed Viper. Than Dodge thought they could use him to sell the drift crowd their Charger knockoff. Even after sinking hundreds of thousands of dollars into it it was mediocre at best while his old Viper did pretty well considering its unheard of driver. GM putting Millen in the Soltice was genius on the other hand. I hate the driver but you can't deny how good the car is.

As a small aside, both the Z31 and 32 were gt cars. They went very far from what a Z was and is supposed to be. If they continued using the S chassis as the Z's platform and put the VG or RB(more fitting with the Z heritage) in it they would have had a dominant car, especially for the sub thirty thousand price tag it would have had.
The Z32 should have been a new Infiniti flagship as well as having a different name if you ask me. The new GT-R is proof that you can have more that one sports car in your line up and still be competitive in the market.

With every sentence I type I think of three more I want say but I will end it with this; A Cummins diesel in a Titan/Armada is a good idea no mater how you look at it.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #42
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Quote:
you are talking Formula 1 so lets break some facts off for you Yamamoto

The 5.7 liter hemi engine has made wards top ten best engine list for 5 years running.

It is a LEGEND.. unlike your scobby rally racing flavor of the month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Hemi_engine

www.allpar.com

tells you everything that you need to know.

You say Chrysler and Dodge suck but other than some formula one crap which besides the Indy 500 no one over here cares about, you show no facts for your bias opinion on Chrysler. Granted the verdict is still out on the build quality of the vehicle but I have had no issues with it at 15,000 miles so far. Formula 1 racing is impression and the technology in it is more impressive but you talking about Dodge and the legendary performance of their cars like you are ignorant and know nothing about them. Every heard of Carol Shelby on dodge cars in the 80s or how about the 426 street hemi which can make over 1000 whp. How about you learn what real cars are about and stop watching the Fast and The Furious ....
HAHAHAHAHAH OH WHERE TO BEGIN!!!!!!!

the indy 500 isnt F1 racing you dumb fuck.

ok nascar boy, put down your budweiser, and get off of your cousin for a second.

you say the 426 can make 1000hp? ok so? so can a RB26DETT. oh but guess what NOT MUCH OF IT IS STOCK AT 1000HP. i highly doubt anything but the block is still dodge made by the time it hits that power.

fast and the furious reference? oh cmon. just because im into imports, doesnt mean im a F&F fan. nice try though. reaaaaaal creative. or not.

on to the shelby cars.
of course they were badass...CAROL SHELBY WAS INVOLVED! without the shelby mods, they were wothless POS vehicles. case in point? the Omni GLH. badass. regular ol' Omni? WEAK SAUCE.

have i lost you yet? ok good. let's continue.
just because YOU dont clearly understand F1, or like it, doesnt mean everyone else hates it.

you keep talkingf about the hemi. ok the old hemi's were good motors. ill give you that. and yes the 60's and 70's chrysler muscle was awesome.

but what about their other engines? their V6s are a joke, the 4cyl. engines are even worse! the first generation neon 4 bangers had more headgasket issues than most subarus ever will!!!!

and as far as car of the moment....the Sti will outperform your fucking tank of a wannabe musclecar any day of the week, and has a loyal fanbase AROUND THE WORLD. does the charger? hmm.....nope!

did you know dodge tried to rally like subaru does? yeah. it did. it entered the neon against the likes of the STi and got OWNED.

dodge cant do anything but drive in fucking circles.

wanna go deeper? ok. has renault ever filed for bankruptcy? no. has chrysler?
WHY YES IT HAS!! without reagan giving them money to develop the epic fail that was the K car in the 80's there would be no chrysler today.

ill stop for now, and im sure youll respond with some more ignorant shit, so ill come back later.

oh one last thing.

you keep calling me biased against chrysler, but yet you seemed to be biased towards chrysler. isnt that a bit hypocritical? indeed it is.

and i grew up around muscle cars. dont fucking tell me because i like imports i dont know anything about them, because that's assuming, and assuming=ignorance, which you seem to have in droves on your end.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #43
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Dude who really cares? I did not join Zilvia to talk about Hemi Chargers or specifically to get into this thread.

I like imports. I dropped a H22a JDM motor into my 95 prelude with a 8 lb flywheel. It would fly. I really did not know much of anything about cars when I started now I am comfortable with pretty much about anything I want to work on.

I basically joined into this because everyone is bashing Dodge. They tried to make a competitive drift mopar car and failed. SO what at least they put something out there. I am now the proud owner of a clean s14 Zenki which more than likely will be getting a sr20det 5 speed swapped into it soon. I like japan cars a lot more than domestics, but Dodge is not building junk any longer and they might just suprise you all.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #44
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
haha *awesome* dodge srt4...correction neon uses a mitsu motor.
ask my friend who owns one my sr pwnes him all day

rb26 will make a grand on a stock block case in point

the Veilside R34 was dynoed at 1460bhp stock block

once nissan tested the RB26 and found that 1600bhp was the absolute limit before the engine block started to crack itself, and it was impossible to get much more out of it.

as far as nascar goes. I personally don't like it. "c'mon boys lets go fast and turn left"
although fast and in that respect dangerous, it lacks skill so nascar effectively fails against all motorsports including autocross and cart racing
imagine the budweiser 24 hour?
nascar in the rain/snow
i'm done

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #45
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Every one needs to cool their jets, stand back, and look at what your doing. You guys bash nico for being to juvenile and being full of noobs but you refuse to discuss or argue intelligently and respectfully. You clearly can't agree so why not just stop. You both look like idiots.

Other than the fact that the Charger shouldn't have been named as such there isn't really any thing wrong with it or most other new Chrysler vehicles. I would never own one but that is just personal preference.

It doesn't make much sense to compare imports and domestics as far as racing is concerned. They don't compete head to head in any big events. The closest they compete is in touring car racing, but I'm sure neither of you watch that. In that venue it isn't uncommon for a TSX to beat Vipers and GTOs but any thing can happen.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #46
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
did u mention nico? ban.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #47
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
It is NICE to know that everyone on Zilvia is so open minded as yourself. The s13 that you drive since I am sure it is a slow POS, probably would not even be close to a 4000 lb Hemi Charger or SRT8. I did not bash any of your cars so why the hate on mine. I was making a point but since you think Euros are the greatest why not go over there to live? then you could drive all the jdm euro tight 4 bangers you want. In Japan the Ford Mustang is very very popular so are most American muscle cars. It is funny to see a board like this bash cars that are so beloved and respected especially in countries that love those cars more so than their home market cars. The same that you are bashing.

I did not come here to start an internet e-thug fight-- unlike most of your trolling fools -- I work a job that does not involve flipping burgers or living with my parents. This concludes my posting into this thread and I wish all you closed minded idiots good luck. Oh yeah you feel sooo brave then go out and race a few Hemi powered vehicles, trucks or cars and let me know how it works out for your JDM tight s13...

The End...
Hmmm where do I start. Let me see I am going to take you apart bit by bit.

First off on your earlier asinine comments. F1 is so much more technologically advanced than Nascar that Pruett who got to test a F1 car said it took more out of him than he thought possible.

Hmmm Carlos Montoya fails in F1 and goes to Nascar where he actually succeeds. Sounds like you do not need as much driving skill to go around in circles turning left at 200 mph vs going around a complicated road course at speeds in excess of 200 mph turning left and right.

Lets move on to the Renault comments , hmmm Renault builds shit cars. Thats why the Renault R5 Turbo dominated the unlimited classes(Group 4 and 5) of Pro Rally in the late 80's and early 90's. Hmm the launch control and the 6 speed dual clutch semi automatic with the lightening fast paddle shifter in the new GTR comes straight out of the Renault F1 car.
The same launch control that allowed the GTR to spank the Corvette Z06 and the Porsche 911 in a quarter mile run in Japan.

Oh and your comment about the Hemi Charger and the S13 hmmm I spanked one on the I5 in the central valley with a otherwise stock S13 with a RB25DET under the hood. How do you like them apples? I also have friends with S13 and S14 RB25DET powered cars that will willing spank your ass any day of the week.

Oh did I tell you how much the Japanese love Porsches and BMW's? Hmm you think they only like American cars? Well they do like American cars. VINTAGE Muscle cars from the 60's not most of the modern crap coming out of Detriot these days.

Ya New Mustangs are ok and New Corvettes are nice. Though in general their build quality is no where near a Japanese or European car. Nor is Chrysler or Dodge.

Now the funniest part for last . You say your not trying to start an internet fight but your first statement came right out of the gate in e thug internet fight style. You say you did not attack our cars? There are members on this forum that are 350Z owners your statements attacked their cars. There are other members running 350Z engines in their S chassis, thats attacking their cars.
A modern 350Z's engine and suspension owns a Z32. The car handles an performs like a sports car not a Sports GT. It also retails at the exact same price if not somewhat cheaper than a 1990 300zx.
Hmmm factoring in Inflation thats incrediable. Equal power as a 300zxTT out of a NA engine and a better engine at that. similiar weight yet handles like its 700lbs lighter. A much tighter nicer body design .
Hmmm no wonder Nissan has sold so damn many of them. Failure you say Nissan under Renault is a failure? The car is already being considered a future classic in Japan and this is straight from my friends in Tokyo.

In conclusion, you fail here and you fail hard and you started it. Now try being a man and eat a slice of humble pie and shut the fuck up.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #48
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Hmmm where do I start. Let me see I am going to take you apart bit by bit.

First off on your earlier asinine comments. F1 is so much more technologically advanced than Nascar that Pruett who got to test a F1 car said it took more out of him than he thought possible.

Hmmm Carlos Montoya fails in F1 and goes to Nascar where he actually succeeds. Sounds like you do not need as much driving skill to go around in circles turning left at 200 mph vs going around a complicated road course at speeds in excess of 200 mph turning left and right.

Lets move on to the Renault comments , hmmm Renault builds shit cars. Thats why the Renault R5 Turbo dominated the unlimited classes(Group 4 and 5) of Pro Rally in the late 80's and early 90's. Hmm the launch control and the 6 speed dual clutch semi automatic with the lightening fast paddle shifter in the new GTR comes straight out of the Renault F1 car.
The same launch control that allowed the GTR to spank the Corvette Z06 and the Porsche 911 in a quarter mile run in Japan.

Oh and your comment about the Hemi Charger and the S13 hmmm I spanked one on the I5 in the central valley with a otherwise stock S13 with a RB25DET under the hood. How do you like them apples? I also have friends with S13 and S14 RB25DET powered cars that will willing spank your ass any day of the week.

Oh did I tell you how much the Japanese love Porsches and BMW's? Hmm you think they only like American cars? Well they do like American cars. VINTAGE Muscle cars from the 60's not most of the modern crap coming out of Detriot these days.

Ya New Mustangs are ok and New Corvettes are nice. Though in general their build quality is no where near a Japanese or European car. Nor is Chrysler or Dodge.

Now the funniest part for last . You say your not trying to start an internet fight but your first statement came right out of the gate in e thug internet fight style. You say you did not attack our cars? There are members on this forum that are 350Z owners your statements attacked their cars. There are other members running 350Z engines in their S chassis, thats attacking their cars.
A modern 350Z's engine and suspension owns a Z32. The car handles an performs like a sports car not a Sports GT. It also retails at the exact same price if not somewhat cheaper than a 1990 300zx.
Hmmm factoring in Inflation thats incrediable. Equal power as a 300zxTT out of a NA engine and a better engine at that. similiar weight yet handles like its 700lbs lighter. A much tighter nicer body design .
Hmmm no wonder Nissan has sold so damn many of them. Failure you say Nissan under Renault is a failure? The car is already being considered a future classic in Japan and this is straight from my friends in Tokyo.

In conclusion, you fail here and you fail hard and you started it. Now try being a man and eat a slice of humble pie and shut the fuck up.
Renault built the Le Car. That is enough for me and since you can not buy Renaults here why does anything you say matter.

Formula 1 is great racing - I like watching Indy lights and such. Maybe I am old skool but I loved my 96 300zx t-tops and styling a lot better than the new Nissan 350z/ g35 -- I test drove one before I bought the Charger and they were too small for me, but some I could see some really liking them. The question was would Dodge and Nissan coming together be of benefit to both companies and I would say YES. Nissan could give Dodge great 4 cylinder engines and Dodge could provide great engines for Nissan .. Imagine a Hemi powered 350z that would be something. Dodge is releasing the new Challenger SRT8 this year and I would imagine it will come stock with almost 500hosepower. That should be good enough to give the GTR a run for its money and the Challenger costs half the price.

I too and most of my family only drives Hondas and Nissans but go drive a Hemi powered Charger or Challenger and tell me that it would not get to you......
Old 01-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #49
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves View Post
Heres the VQ making reliable 1800HP more than POS 1000HP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzppLAocnEA

^Why does the announcer say its a straight 6 turbo?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #50
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Renault built the Le Car. That is enough for me and since you can not buy Renaults here why does anything you say matter.

Formula 1 is great racing - I like watching Indy lights and such. Maybe I am old skool but I loved my 96 300zx t-tops and styling a lot better than the new Nissan 350z/ g35 -- I test drove one before I bought the Charger and they were too small for me, but some I could see some really liking them. The question was would Dodge and Nissan coming together be of benefit to both companies and I would say YES. Nissan could give Dodge great 4 cylinder engines and Dodge could provide great engines for Nissan .. Imagine a Hemi powered 350z that would be something. Dodge is releasing the new Challenger SRT8 this year and I would imagine it will come stock with almost 500hosepower. That should be good enough to give the GTR a run for its money and the Challenger costs half the price.

I too and most of my family only drives Hondas and Nissans but go drive a Hemi powered Charger or Challenger and tell me that it would not get to you......
Hmm anything I say matter? Facts, I state facts, thats what matters. You use the Renault Le Car as a your only example of Renault lol. They did there job. Heh and the R5 Turbo rally car was based on them and it was badass.

You speak of Formula one and in the same sentence you speak of Indy lights as if they are the same type of cars? Far from it. Beyond being single seater open wheeled cars they share no other similarities. Indy lights are childs play compared to F1 One cars.

Dodge give Nissan engines? Why would Japan's Premier sports type vehicle manufacturer number 2 car maker even need them. Nissan's Engines have been earning accolades and proving themselves to the automotive world for over 20 years.

Your statement about the New 500 HP Challenger giving a New GTR a run for its money? Keep on smoking that crack.
For being such a so called fan of Japanese cars you know little about the history and engines.
Dodge would be a extremely bad idea for Nissan. period.

Oh and I don't think I would like driving a big sled of car (The Challenger you so cherish). Some of us prefers cars that really handle and don't just go in a straight line fast.

Once again I will say this. You started this. Do your research or shut up because your losing here.

P.S. I guess you love being a glutton for punishment because you suck in the debate department.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:46 AM   #51
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by k's_silvia2.0 View Post
^Why does the announcer say its a straight 6 turbo?
Cuz announcers are ignorant.

Or was one step behind, maybe they just found out about the Japanese I6 and thought thats the only thing from Japan that can make insane amounts of power. Too bad its a V6.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:08 AM   #52
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Hmm anything I say matter? Facts, I state facts, thats what matters. You use the Renault Le Car as a your only example of Renault lol. They did there job. Heh and the R5 Turbo rally car was based on them and it was badass.

You speak of Formula one and in the same sentence you speak of Indy lights as if they are the same type of cars? Far from it. Beyond being single seater open wheeled cars they share no other similarities. Indy lights are childs play compared to F1 One cars.

Dodge give Nissan engines? Why would Japan's Premier sports type vehicle manufacturer number 2 car maker even need them. Nissan's Engines have been earning accolades and proving themselves to the automotive world for over 20 years.

Your statement about the New 500 HP Challenger giving a New GTR a run for its money? Keep on smoking that crack.
For being such a so called fan of Japanese cars you know little about the history and engines.
Dodge would be a extremely bad idea for Nissan. period.

Oh and I don't think I would like driving a big sled of car (The Challenger you so cherish). Some of us prefers cars that really handle and don't just go in a straight line fast.

Once again I will say this. You started this. Do your research or shut up because your losing here.

P.S. I guess you love being a glutton for punishment because you suck in the debate department.
Dave u really let some angry knowlege out on this guy didn't you.... Funny shit... Don't argue with dave u will lose...
Old 01-30-2008, 05:41 AM   #53
HemiCharger
Zilvia Member

Again by looking at some of the sig lines none of you all live in europe or france. Besides the Z/ G35 cars what other Nissan is made that you would drive? Surely not the Maxima, Altima Coupe, Versa, Rouge or what? They may bring back the Silvia but it will not be what it once was. I like Nissan and always have. I was driving Nissans while most of you were in grade school so I do not want to hear about how I do not know anything about Nissan.

Lets look at it on a model basis, They once had the pulsar GTIr, NX200/2000, 240sx/ Silvia, Skyline (different models not just GTR), 300zx/ fairlady Z, bluebird, sunny, sentra se-r......

Hell the 1993 Nissan NX2000, I bought new in 1993 only had 140 hp but could out corner vettes, porsches, and vipers back in its day and it was about 1/3 the money of those cars. You want facts then here you go. Nissan lost its soul when it went to Renault, they no longer make cars focused on young people (beside the Z). I knew when they aligned themselves with Renault that Nissan would never be the same.

It kills me how people always think the grass is greener on the other side only to find out that this is not always the case.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 AM   #54
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
you are fuckin stupid sir, Jeep 4X4's are bad ass. they are just straight bad ass for off road. 2nd of all my car is a chrisler its a Talon. and its a great fuckin car. might not be JDM drifter tight. but it does have a turbo. and a bullet proof bottom end. leather ac, and the cops can't give me shit about having a big ass turbo just chilling in my engine bay.
True statement. Their older stuff is decent, I will not deny that fact. You do need to admit that the quality has gone down significantly over the last decade. The current stuff is crap. How the hell do you ruin a jeep by stretching it and giving it four doors? I'm dying to see one of those high centered on some trail.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #55
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Again by looking at some of the sig lines none of you all live in europe or france. Besides the Z/ G35 cars what other Nissan is made that you would drive? Surely not the Maxima, Altima Coupe, Versa, Rouge or what? They may bring back the Silvia but it will not be what it once was. I like Nissan and always have. I was driving Nissans while most of you were in grade school so I do not want to hear about how I do not know anything about Nissan.

Lets look at it on a model basis, They once had the pulsar GTIr, NX200/2000, 240sx/ Silvia, Skyline (different models not just GTR), 300zx/ fairlady Z, bluebird, sunny, sentra se-r......

Hell the 1993 Nissan NX2000, I bought new in 1993 only had 140 hp but could out corner vettes, porsches, and vipers back in its day and it was about 1/3 the money of those cars. You want facts then here you go. Nissan lost its soul when it went to Renault, they no longer make cars focused on young people (beside the Z). I knew when they aligned themselves with Renault that Nissan would never be the same.

It kills me how people always think the grass is greener on the other side only to find out that this is not always the case.
Are you still spewing shit out your mouth? Seriously?

With all those 'great' cars that you listed, Nissan went into bankruptcy.

Now they're making profit again. That alone shits on your whole argument against Renault.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #56
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:

LOL living in Europe or France WTF. We are talking about whether Chrysler/Dodge would be a good partner for Nissan/Renault. Which most of us feel it would not.
Actually if you want to get down to brass tacks, I know members of this Forum that drive Maxima's and Maxima's are still fucking damn good cars. Altima coupe? The only mistake Nissan made with that car is putting the Altima badge on it here in the states. Otherwise its a great answer to the Scion TC.
Oh and the Versa? Well when it comes down to it. Its a class leader in HP and comfort compared to the Fit and Yaris. Actually I have seen a all Black Versa with blacked out wheels and it looked pretty tough for a subcompact.

Oh you were driving Nissans while most of us were in grade school? Well that argument does not work with me because I was driving Datsun 510's and 240Z's When you were 9 years old. I was modifying them as well. I even had my own Japanese engine and transmission company before the term JDM came into vogue. Ya I am that old.

Now lets move onto to your statement of the oh so glorious days of Nissan in the mid 90s. When they were stumbling towards bankruptcy because of poor marketing decisions, cost overruns and bad management.
Your great NX in the United States was a failure and ugly to boot. Both the 240sx and Sentra SER where terribly mismarketed out of fears and bad decisions. Your bloated and over luxoed Z32 was costing to much to build for the sake of ability to sell in the marketplace besides getting its ass handed to it in the Japanese home market by the 180sx. It just never sold as well as Nissan needed it to. The fear killed the potential sales of the 240sx besides dropping a engine in it that was underpowered for the ability of the chassis.
Now do you know why Nissan dropped the S series Silvia? It had to many cost overruns for the market price segment it was supposed to be in and the company was not able to sell it because it was to expensive in its market segment. Ever wounder why there are so few S14's they were pricey for what they were and did not sell well. The S13 only sold well in the first two years of production(in the U.S.Nissans biggest market) ditto the 300zx.
Thank god the 180sx and the S13 Silvia and was a success in Japan as well as the Skyline GTR.

Funny thing is the cars you lament as no longer being around, they still have. Infiniti is Nissan. Under the Infiniti badge Nissan has some awesome cars, hmmm M45, Q45,G35.
OH wait, in case you did not know the G35 is a Skyline. Oh wait in Japan they have the Cube and they are planning on bringing it here. Oh wait they still have Bluebirds and Sunny's in Japan.

Ok, Grass is greener on the other side. Thats a poor metaphor for this debate.

Fact is, Nissan today is profitable, Their cost overruns have been eliminated.
They are bringing out updated models that are nice. They may not float your boat but when it comes right down it they are good cars. Did you know the second gen Infiniti G20 was the second most reliable car ever tested by Consumer Reports? Ya 1999-2003.

Hmmm so you don't like the cars with VQ but you like cars with VG's lol. a fucking boat anchor engine vs a lightweight HP monster, engine.

I am sorry but there were Great Nissans before the 90's and they are and will be Great Nissans now. You base your arguement on your own personel taste and not actual facts about the company.

The company is healthier today than it was ever in the 90's. They did not lose their engine design tech or the their performance tech. They learned to cut out the excess product line that was unprofitable so they could build a profitable product line. The thing you don't know is even though There is Renault tech in Nissans, Nissan's Sports car and Performance tech has eeked into Renault products. Formula Renault is based of Nissan engines. Champ cars run Nissan V8's. Formula 2 uses Nissan engines. Nissan engines were used in other Formula series as well.

Ghosn has done a bang up job of saving the company you so love. So before you go dissing Renault aka biting the hand that feeds. Maybe you should just kill yourself.

Like I said before you seem to just enjoy being a glutton for punishment.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #57
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Wow. Just wow. I missed out on this whole thing. I could go on for days, but like normal, Mr. Drift Freaq sums shit up real nice. So I'll touch on the deal between Nissan and Chrysler,

Chrysler is in SHAMBLES right now. BESIDES the Charger and 300C they have a terrible portfolio. Go search for my "Industry" thread to read further.

Did you know that the Hemi is going bye-bye again? Yea, that's right. It's being replaced by a V6. Co-President Jim Press has declared, "The Hemi is not the powertrain of the future.".

With that being said, Nissan teaming up with Chrysler to build a full-size truck is a brilliant idea. The new Tundra has sold well, but not well enough. And Toyota still hasn't been able to engineer a heavy Duty truck. If this deal goes together Nissan will the first Import brand to be able to offer a real heavy duty full-size truck. It still won't outsell the Tundra, but at least they'll have a valid competitor. The Titan only sold 65,746 units last yea, but a deal like this I can see making a huge impact and maybe even matching that of the Tundra's 196,555 units. It's also smart for Chrysler. They were number 4 last year and the more they can spread the truck out the more profitable it will be.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #58
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Wow. Just wow. I missed out on this whole thing. I could go on for days, but like normal, Mr. Drift Freaq sums shit up real nice. So I'll touch on the deal between Nissan and Chrysler,

Chrysler is in SHAMBLES right now. BESIDES the Charger and 300C they have a terrible portfolio. Go search for my "Industry" thread to read further.

Did you know that the Hemi is going bye-bye again? Yea, that's right. It's being replaced by a V6. Co-President Jim Press has declared, "The Hemi is not the powertrain of the future.".

With that being said, Nissan teaming up with Chrysler to build a full-size truck is a brilliant idea. The new Tundra has sold well, but not well enough. And Toyota still hasn't been able to engineer a heavy Duty truck. If this deal goes together Nissan will the first Import brand to be able to offer a real heavy duty full-size truck. It still won't outsell the Tundra, but at least they'll have a valid competitor. The Titan only sold 65,746 units last yea, but a deal like this I can see making a huge impact and maybe even matching that of the Tundra's 196,555 units. It's also smart for Chrysler. They were number 4 last year and the more they can spread the truck out the more profitable it will be.
Now, this is the first arguement for a Chrysler/Dodge , Nissan/Renault arrangement that has any facts, on the Chrysler side in it and poses decent points.
Maybe if Mr Hemicharger had posted facts, rather than opinions, I might not have had to take him to school repeatedly.

Funny how someone mentioned earlier about how bad things were that even Mercedes could not correct it and Mr HemiCharger ignored it.

Though I will say Mel, the Titan was applauded in the heavy duty truck world for being as good as it is. It was considered a class leader.

P.S. I have nothing against Dodge trucks they have been badass back in the day and still are one of the few shinning star parts of that company.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #59
picho
Leaky Injector

picho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond reputepicho has a reputation beyond repute
haha i got the best of both world a high hpower sr s13 an a bad ass mr e46 to speak for me.
picho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #60
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by picho View Post
haha i got the best of both world a high hpower sr s13 an a bad ass mr e46 to speak for me.
Picho, stop posting off topic stuff, Mr spoiled. LOL

Oh wait don't I hear a RB calling your name in the background?

New Video
Buy my mounts!