Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Rumormill: Nissan's new RWD sports coupe could be hybrid-powered

Filed under: Coupes, Hybrids/Alternative, Green, Nissan, Rumormill We've been obsessively following the developments surrounding Nissan's rumored re-entry into the compact, RWD market, and up until now, it's been assumed that a small-displacement engine would be mounted up front, possibly fitted with a turbocharger. But according to a report by Drive.com.au, Nissan is actively considering a hybrid drivetrain to power its Silvia replacement. The Aussie automotive news outlet spoke with Junichi Endo, Nissan's senior vice president of global marketing, who said that the automaker is trying to...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

More...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 01:32 AM   #2
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

ghey.

as someone who used to work at toyota, i can honestly say....hybrids are a fucking waste of money.

why? you can get almost the same gas mileage from a fucking corolla AND they make the same emissions.

if they make it hybrid, its going to be a waste.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i hope to god this isnt so.. it would make ZERO sense to bring back a well in demand car with a big following but as a hybrid. Hyundai finally got their head on straight, so i thought Nissan would have to whip out something equal to the Genesis to compete in the sales, but if theyre gonna do this..
Old 05-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
God damn it, will someone Japanese buy Nissan back from that french pussy already so we can get some good cars. Hybrid!!!!???? WTF???!!!! Silvia Hybrid = EPIC FAILURE
Old 05-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98s14inaz View Post
God damn it, will someone Japanese buy Nissan back from that french pussy already so we can get some good cars. Hybrid!!!!???? WTF???!!!! Silvia Hybrid = EPIC FAILURE
Good call. Cause the GTR is a total failure.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #6
Tulok
Zilvia Member

Tulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really nice
I hope this isnt true, hybrids are soooo lame!
I am seriously gonna be mad if this comes through.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Good call. Cause the GTR is a total failure.
Exception to every rule, you got me though lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by random French person too scared to leave his name
some ppl on here are french and live there
Sorry man, the french are good at a lot of things...wine, cheese, whine, surrendering, etc. Designing "Japanese" cars is not one of them...except for the GTR...thanks for the correction exitspeed ;-)

Tell the French that we want our cars to have snails, not the designers eating snails. A hybrid "silvia" or "240" will be an epic failure.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
it'll never happen. you guys are getting worked up for no reason.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 05-18-2008, 02:33 AM   #9
Slam
Zilvia Member

Slam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura aboutSlam has a spectacular aura about
I bet it's not going to be a hybrid. Hybrid powertrain are sometimes mentioned to create buzz with the press and general public. This grows awareness for the company and the vehicle. And you know the deal, being green nowadays is the hot topic.

Another reason why its probably not a hybrid, look at Nissan's hybrid options, only one...Altima Hybrid. So if something else is getting a hybrid, it'll be the Sentra or the Rogue.

Ghosn and 'the french' turned Nissan around, but they also f things up by moving the company to Tennessee. Most of the talent in he LA HQ went elsewhere. When Nissan was run by the japanese, there was alot of loyalty within its operations and things were not cut even if the business case didn't pan out. When Ghosn stepped in, he basically cut out the fat. Another example were some the suppliers to the company, they use to be given the business because of old times sake, but that changed right away when Ghosn stepped in, he basically made them compete with other suppliers for the business of supplying to nissan, this automatically lowered Nissan costs.

this is only a bit of it..there is so much more detail...
Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Exception to every rule, you got me though lol

Sorry man, the french are good at a lot of things...wine, cheese, whine, surrendering, etc. Designing "Japanese" cars is not one of them...except for the GTR...thanks for the correction exitspeed ;-)
Actually Nissan has a very strong line-up of vehicles. The Altima Sedan and Coupe are both attractive cars with great powerplants and chassis. The Altima is the number one selling vehicle for Nissan. The Versa is a very good car as well in it's class.

Look at Infiniti. The G35 Sedan and 37 coupe are complete winners inside and out and are quit a bang for your buck compared to the 3 Series. The MB C-class doesn't even compete. The EX is a great CUV and addition to the line-up as well.

Sure the new headlight design on the Maxima and 370Z is kinda nasty, but I hardly think that's Renaults fault.

Before the Renault partnership Nissan was on the Brink of Bankruptcy (think Ford right now) and really had a pretty shitty line-up of vehicles on both the Nissan and Infiniti side of things. The partnership has really been nothing but positive for the company and consumers on both sides of the pond.

Bu, we've already been discussing all this in the RWD thread in OT.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #11
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Sure the new headlight design on the Maxima and 370Z is kinda nasty, but I hardly think that's Renaults fault.
I saw a new maxima in person out here in AZ. They had everything covered up/michigan plates but I knew what it was. The pics don't do the car justice, it looks very aggressive in person. I'm a convert.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #12
kyoru
Zilvia Addict

kyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfection
i don't see the big deal, as long as its unobtrusive it seems like a win win situation for everyone.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
they wont be do it.............hopefully
Old 05-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #14
frosti108
Zilvia Member

frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
Quote:
Tell the French that we want our cars to have snails, not the designers eating snails.

haaaahahahahaha

hybrids are ghey and a waste. supposedly the batteries do wayyyy more damage than anything a regular internal combustion engine can cause. but then again this is just another rumor ive heard
Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #15
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
i saw a maxima with nothing covering it up at all. i really kinda liked it.. its just something u have to see in person..
Old 05-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
IStop4NoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
IStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosti108 View Post
haaaahahahahaha

hybrids are ghey and a waste. supposedly the batteries do wayyyy more damage than anything a regular internal combustion engine can cause. but then again this is just another rumor ive heard
i have also heard the batteries are worse for the environment. something about the plant they are made at has killed the entire habitat for like 10 miles around. rumors are great.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #17
Champster
Leaky Injector

Champster is making a name for him/her selfChampster is making a name for him/her self
Say thanks to Al Gore for the bullshit global warming hysteria.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:32 AM   #18
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
as long as it is still fun to drive and i can still modify it to make babies cry i'll like it
Old 05-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #19
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
as long as it is still fun to drive and i can still modify it to make babies cry i'll like it
I think that is the biggest point. How the hell are you going to modify a hybrid? At least with a turbo car you can up the boost etc. What are you going to do with the hybrid? Bigger batteries? Bigger smug cell? Neons? It sounds like it is going to have a bunch of Nissan Nanny crap in it to prevent you from doing much anyway.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #20
devnull
Zilvia Member

devnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymore
What are you going to do with a hybrid? First you pull the batteries before you take the car off the lot. Tell the manager he can have them. Then you tow it home and rip out the magical planet-saving motor along with all the electronics.

Then you drop in a monster with a whistle.

done
Old 05-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #21
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Quote:
I think that is the biggest point. How the hell are you going to modify a hybrid? At least with a turbo car you can up the boost etc. What are you going to do with the hybrid? Bigger batteries? Bigger smug cell? Neons? It sounds like it is going to have a bunch of Nissan Nanny crap in it to prevent you from doing much anyway.
I really doubt that. Just because you don't know how to modify a hybrid doesn't mean they are not modifiable.

Besides I really meant slammed to the ground, loud scraping exhaust and being super flush.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:00 AM   #22
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
What are you going to do with a hybrid? First you pull the batteries before you take the car off the lot. Tell the manager he can have them. Then you tow it home and rip out the magical planet-saving motor along with all the electronics.

Then you drop in a monster with a whistle.

done
LoL. Quoted for truth and accuracy.

Quote:
I really doubt that. Just because you don't know how to modify a hybrid doesn't mean they are not modifiable.

Besides I really meant slammed to the ground, loud scraping exhaust and being super flush.
Any monkey can do lowering and new wheels. I'm talking about performance. You can always do what devnull said.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #23
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
LoL. Quoted for truth and accuracy.
Any jack ass elephant can quote some one because they believe what they say, doesn't make it true or accurate.

w/e I'll take Handling performance over Excessive Acceleration any day of the week. You don't need high hp to go drifting or down grade mountain carving.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #24
devnull
Zilvia Member

devnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymore
To mod a hybrid, you would definitely need to chip the computers and possibly modify the drivetrain and battery controllers to handle the bigger output. You'd also have two motors to tear down and modify. The IC engine would need custom made parts and the electric motor would have to go to an electric shop to have the windings re-wound.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #25
Dr.Doom
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Dr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud ofDr.Doom has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dont knock a car just because its a hybrid. One thing you need to consider is what the car is designed for, economy or performance. Also you need to consider how much torque an electric motor has. Disable the traction control on a toyota highlander hybrid and you'll smoke the tires. So take a decently powered engine and combine it with an electric motor and you'll have one quick ass car, as long as its engineered that way.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #26
irax
Post Whore!

DID EVERYONE FUCKING FORGET ABOUT THE LEXUS HYBRIDS? The L and the G hybrids have 0-60 in less than 5.5 seconds. The L has 485 HP and the G has 375

AND THEY BOTH GET 30 MPG!

FUCK ALL OF YOU!

Who wants 485 hp and 30mpg on a understated EPA average AND STILL HANDLES REALLY GOOD?

I do

neg rep for everyone thats talking shit about hybrids

kthnxbye
Old 05-23-2008, 01:35 AM   #27
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Ghosn and 'the french' turned Nissan around, but they also f things up by moving the company to Tennessee. Most of the talent in he LA HQ went elsewhere. When Nissan was run by the japanese, there was alot of loyalty within its operations and things were not cut even if the business case didn't pan out. When Ghosn stepped in, he basically cut out the fat. Another example were some the suppliers to the company, they use to be given the business because of old times sake, but that changed right away when Ghosn stepped in, he basically made them compete with other suppliers for the business of supplying to nissan, this automatically lowered Nissan costs.

this is only a bit of it..there is so much more detail...

I'm sorry but are you SURE you're from San Diego? because the Nissan/Infinity design team is IN LA JOLLA! I've been there. Nissan HQ in LA is used for prototypes that are on the last stages before production AND the nissan main overall(sales and logistics) HQ in USA. Moving things to Tenn. Which anyone that was worth while knew about coming since 03, Cost of living there is SO MUCH CHEAPER than California, its a good way to save money by paying a little bit less and getting your employees more(same million dollar house in LA or SD is 300k - 450 in Tenn). And don't tell me you wouldn't move if your pay was going to be cut 3-7% from 70k to 65.1k
Old 05-23-2008, 07:19 AM   #28
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Any jack ass elephant can quote some one because they believe what they say, doesn't make it true or accurate.

w/e I'll take Handling performance over Excessive Acceleration any day of the week. You don't need high hp to go drifting or down grade mountain carving.
I'll tell you what. The drag prius doesn't have anything close to the stock power train in it. Show me some hybrids that are fast besides the over priced lexus offerings. Just because I have an opinion different than yours doesn't mean it's wrong. What makes you such an expert? Google? JDM drift videos? Lived in Japan for a couple of years on a military base? lol Give me a break. Let's talk hybrid sportscars under $27k that the average tuner joe can afford. I'm not buying into this hybrid crap. Make the econo-toy cars for the hippies and give the rest of use small displacement and turbos.

Quote:
...Moving things to Tenn. Which anyone that was worth while knew about coming since 03, Cost of living there is SO MUCH CHEAPER than California, its a good way to save money by paying a little bit less and getting your employees more(same million dollar house in LA or SD is 300k - 450 in Tenn). And don't tell me you wouldn't move if your pay was going to be cut 3-7% from 70k to 65.1k
This you're right about. I've lived there, beautiful state and cheap to live there. Thinking of moving back some day.

Last edited by 98s14inaz; 05-23-2008 at 07:45 AM..
Old 05-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #29
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Ah you guys are arguing over speculation at best. There is a rumor that the new Silvia or Silvia replacement might be hybrid. There are lots of rumors. There were rumors the 350z was going to be V8 there were rumors that the GTR was originally going to be a V8. Whether or not its done, we will see when it bows. Arguing over this point though has just gotten nuts though.
Ib has points that you don't like or agree with S14inAZ . You state a lot of things I don't always agree with. So why don't you guys just agree to disagree because this topic is straying under the press of the argument.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #30
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ah you guys are arguing over speculation at best. There is a rumor that the new Silvia or Silvia replacement might be hybrid. There are lots of rumors. There were rumors the 350z was going to be V8 there were rumors that the GTR was originally going to be a V8. Whether or not its done, we will see when it bows. Arguing over this point though has just gotten nuts though.
Ib has points that you don't like or agree with S14inAZ . You state a lot of things I don't always agree with. So why don't you guys just agree to disagree because this topic is straying under the press of the argument.
True, but I don't insult you and completely write off what you say as false. You're right though...we'll agree to disagree