Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post California to reduce carbon emissions by... banning black cars?!

03-25-2009 01:58 PM

Filed under: Government/Legal, Green

In a move that will likely get California's consumers in a huff, impending legislation may soon restrict the paint color options for Golden State residents looking for their next new vehicle. The specific colors that are currently on the chopping block are all dark hues, with the worst offender seemingly the most innocuous color you could think of: Black. What could California possibly have against these colors, you ask? Apparently, the California Air Resources Board figures that the climate control systems of dark colored cars need to work harder than their lighter siblings - especially after sitting in the sun for a few hours. Anyone living in a hot, sunny climate will tell you that this assumption is accurate, of course. In fact, legislation already exists for buildings that has proven successful at reducing the energy consumption of skyscrapers.

So, what's the crux of the problem... can't paint suppliers just come up with new, less heat-absorbent dark paints? According to Ward's, suppliers have reportedly been testing their pigments and processes to see if it's possible to meet CARB's proposed mandate of 20% solar reflectivity by 2016 with a phase-in period starting in 2012, and things aren't looking good. Apparently, when the proper pigments and chemicals are added to black paint, the resulting color is currently being referred to as "mud-puddle brown." That doesn't sound very attractive, now does it? Windshields, backlights and sunroofs are also slated to get reflective coatings starting in 2012.

When we first heard of this issue, an internal debate immediately began as to whether this might be an elaborate early April Fool's joke, but it isn't. Read through CARB's complete Cool Cars Standards and Test Procedures here (PDF link) for more. Thanks for the tip, Joaquin!

[Source: CARB (PDF link); Wards | Photo: 7mary3]California to reduce carbon emissions by... banning black cars?! originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

ReadÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Fuck california....
Old 03-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
That's automobile racism!
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
sleepy_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to beholdsleepy_s13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
fucking retarded
Old 03-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
that is so lame

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #6
s13boy89
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
s13boy89 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13boy89
aww damn better not if not they pay to aint my car and i want only lead paint lol
Old 03-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #7
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
That's why everyone should drive a car the same color. Make them all Pink.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
wont ever pass.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
no it will pass...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

texas here i come!

lol

seriously though, its just like fucking legislators to come up with stupid shit.. ooohh black cars are a problem... FUCK NO IT ISN'T! its the fact that automotive companies can't come up with more efficient motors because the oil cartels have them in their pockets! FUCK THAT! How about legislators pass laws that help people and not do stupid shit! pretty soon they will make it against the law to be a home owner because you might fall into predatory lending and be at fault with your loan, and cause another economic fall! Fuck you might as well make it a law so all cars from now on have to get 100mpg, run cleaner than boiling water, must be a very light pastel color, and must be able to fit 5 people so you can car pool even though you will always be driving by your self to work.....
Old 03-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
That's automobile racism!
LMAO

but it is kinda true that black color car absorb more heat and so on
i want to repaint my car white...LOL
Old 03-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
no it will pass...

texas here i come!

lol

seriously though, its just like fucking legislators to come up with stupid shit.. ooohh black cars are a problem... FUCK NO IT ISN'T! its the fact that automotive companies can't come up with more efficient motors because the oil cartels have them in their pockets! FUCK THAT! How about legislators pass laws that help people and not do stupid shit! pretty soon they will make it against the law to be a home owner because you might fall into predatory lending and be at fault with your loan, and cause another economic fall! Fuck you might as well make it a law so all cars from now on have to get 100mpg, run cleaner than boiling water, must be a very light pastel color, and must be able to fit 5 people so you can car pool even though you will always be driving by your self to work.....
Go IB Go. LOL but yeah I could not agree with you more.

I flamed Matej last night, for bringing this up in a thread, before I saw what was written above.

Sorry Matej. Its like the boy who cried wolf, you have cried wolf so many times, its just a for granted you're spouting bullshit.

But wait it is bullshit, because its one of those proposals that will never pass. Though the media wants to have a field day with it. Which is actually a good thing because that will guarantee it will not pass.

Oh and people like Matej will take it to the cleaners. So he can spout his anti American bullshit as well. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
you have got to be kidding!!!! I dreamed of having black (or close to it painted) car for so long and i finally have it, and now its all going to go to waste. I hate my life. lol
Old 03-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Go IB Go. LOL but yeah I could not agree with you more.

I flamed Matej last night, for bringing this up in a thread, before I saw what was written above.

Sorry Matej. Its like the boy who cried wolf, you have cried wolf so many times, its just a for granted you're spouting bullshit.

But wait it is bullshit, because its one of those proposals that will never pass. Though the media wants to have a field day with it. Which is actually a good thing because that will guarantee it will not pass.

Oh and people like Matej will take it to the cleaners. So he can spout his anti American bullshit as well. LOL
On the contrary, I hope this will pass, and I thank America and mainly California for taking up the reins and fighting the good fight. Take that, global warming!
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
What the flying fuck!! I love Cali but damn they do some strange shit over there. Opressin' my people and their black cars..
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
This is total Bullshit, they keep blaming cars for our air pollution but fail to put blame on all the chemical companies in this state who release far more green house gasses, and the jet airplanes that fly in and out of our cities, and to take it a step further if you look at china, most of their smog travels over the ocean to the golden state.
Its not like they are keeping developers from cutting down all our trees to build new realestate, plant more damn trees
handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Cool

Ernie, you can paint yours hot pink first, and if you can get me some hot pink tires let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC SUPERSTAR View Post
That's why everyone should drive a car the same color. Make them all Pink.
handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #17
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
sure blame china, but they are only part of the problem

what about the rain forests in brazil? natural life like trees, and plants remove Co and Co2 from our atmosphere naturally. I think the real answer isn't taxation, but plant some mother fucking trees and gardens.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #18
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
sure blame china, but they are only part of the problem

what about the rain forests in brazil? natural life like trees, and plants remove Co and Co2 from our atmosphere naturally. I think the real answer isn't taxation, but plant some mother fucking trees and gardens.
I 2nd that motion

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:15 AM   #19
zorak
Zilvia Member

zorak is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to zorak
Quote:
no it will pass...

texas here i come!

lol

I agree with your rant.

ETA: Why aren't the firemen putting out the fire?
zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #20
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
CARB is like the SS of nazi California. I love living here but I can't stand this kind of legislation. Why can't they focus on industry and agriculture instead of gasoline powered cars?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #21
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
First they ban gay marriage with proposition 8, now trying to ban black cars.... next they will try to ban mexicans.... seriously though California legislators are seriously either really retarded or way too board. Or they do some heavy drugs. How about they target industrial areas or corporations that do more harm then any black cars combined. How about they enforce ways to recycle, conserve more power, not take away peoples freedom of choice.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #22
gotspins13
Zilvia Addict

gotspins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gotspins13
this is frickn stupid! wow some one is really going to get offended and get alot of people to follow and sew the state of cali, this is the worst thing i have ever heard of, i bet that if this passes if you have a black car your going to get a ticket, and thats how they will make money haha

perfectly said! FJ20ET 16 valve - the holy grail of Nissan engines
gotspins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:43 AM   #23
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
so if they said color black absorbs more heat which is true.

black cars are banned. where is this heading to next? black people absorb more heat?

this is fucking stupid. jst another bs where they can start making money.

and i support to plant more trees. stop flattening them hills just plant more trees.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #24
hahajoey

hahajoey is an unknown quantity at this point
tahts stupid.. cop cars are halfblack.. why dont they just paint them all hot pink then so we can see them better
hahajoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #25
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It won't happen. It's just funny that such an idea has even been introduced/considered, haha.

Plus black paint is the cheapest to manufacture.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #26
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

unlegendary is a well-known jackass
not going to happen, period. i didn't even read the article.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #27
Ricks15
Nissanaholic!

Ricks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud ofRicks15 has much to be proud of
FUCK california!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #28
buku_points
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
buku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
wow im glad i got rid of my black s14 oh well wont be too much longer now.
buku_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #29
qt_240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
qt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
w0w... seriously? damn.. thats just crazy..

whats goin to happen to the VIP scene in cali! lol =x
Old 03-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #30
BC S14
Zilvia Member

BC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choicesBC S14 has made poor choices
Thumbs up

I came on zilvia warning you guys about this leadership you are electing. But everyone was like obama is my homeboy!! Everybody!! Looks like most of you retards pissed the bed. now sleep in it. You voted for em.

Formally girl's n sil's
BC S14 is offline   Reply With Quote