Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:07 PM   #1
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
vdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Decent Daily S13 Build

Welcome to my S13 build thread!
Intro: I have owned S chassis since about 2014, not too long of time but I've had fun over the years. Ill start out showcasing my S14 and the E36 I owned before diving into the S13 I have now.

The S14: owned from 2014 - 2020
Started off in the cool maroon color and painted later on to the metallic black from newer BMW/Dodge

Yes, those are vordovens. They were very cheap at the time.
IMG_0765 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Move on to when it was painted early 2017, looked very nice for a backyard paint job. Learned quite a bit while doing the prep, which I should be able to apply to the S13.
IMG_2671 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I switched some things up a few months later. Took the cheap gt mirrors off and added some accord Ganador reps that I have been holding onto forever. Also added a kouki spoiler and dialed the fitment in a bit better.
IMG_3345 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Later on in the year, the aero took quite the beating and I switched to a Navan/270R aero setup. Totally enjoyed this look, was way more simpler.
IMG_1790 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I also used this car for drifting pretty often, cool gas station pic too.
IMG_1682 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_0005 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

One event all of my friends decided to go. I hopped in for a tandem, and I noticed my front tires were kind of washing out. I kept driving after I told myself I needed to stop. Mistakes were made and I crashed, was devastating, but I moved on. This picture is from the rear post wreck showing all the Model 6 on it.
IMG_2056 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

The actual damage, not the worst. But I decided to not continue with the chassis.
IMG_2152 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I did a part out, and sold the car. I think its still used for drifting or something. Someone wanted to sell it for $7,000 which is crazy but I guess these cars have high value.

Later on, I bought an E36 to quickly put together to flip. I like the chassis, they are just not an S chassis. I fell in love with S chassis and knew I needed to own one again.
IMG_3580 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Put it together with rather nice parts, and sold it for a good chunk of change. I knew it would make a great car for someone, but not me.

Fast forward to late 2020, I was out celebrating my friends birthday. One of our buddies mentioned selling his S13 hatch shell, it was nice but really stripped because it was going to be a racecar or something like that. I gave him $300 and I had an S chassis again.
IMG_8292 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Had an S14 SR in it, but I opted to not purchase that. I had no history on it and preferred to have a prior running engine that I saw firsthand in the car.
I initially bought the car, but was rather busy with work and losing my dog to a cancerous tumor. So I really didn't care about the car, but I regained my motivation to work on the car in early 2021. Had the car towed to my friends newly acquired shop and got to working quick.
IMG_4859 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

One of the first things I wanted to take care of was putting full interior back in. Who doesn't want full interior in their S13?
IMG_4857 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_4866 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_4865 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Also, the car had a chassis harness tuck which deleted everything I wanted with the car in the first place. Ran a full base model chassis harness through the car.
IMG_4862 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Sometime in the process I ordered some cool braces for the rear. Rash Facture C pillar bar and Cusco strut bar.
IMG_5343 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I was also searching in like a 300 mile radius for a well priced SR motorset. I found a lot of stuff that was not worth the price. But one day, I got a message from some buddies of a longblock and running swap for sale. Paid the guys and took both home.
57E8EE0B-63A1-4BF0-908A-BDD023486A65 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_4858 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Quickly threw it on the stand to go through it, needed some gaskets pretty bad and stud replacement. Plan is to keep this engine as stock as possible with only bolt ons. In the meantime I stocked up on some more parts, fmic and some other parts for the swap. My room was getting pretty full with wheels and stuffs.
IMG_4806 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_4807 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_4802 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_4845 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_4700 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_5172 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
63277034889__FCBF5019-6481-4971-AF7D-6BA29DA9ADE2 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
63781806726__84F99A4E-60D6-4F6B-A3BB-0F5886399741 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I got to installing suspension eventually. Went with BC coilovers and GKtech rear arms, and for the front I did pbm knuckles and extended lca.
IMG_4861 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

At one point, I got hardcore into gaming and took a small break from the car. Sold my Zieg 2 thats in the pictures to fund a gaming PC. When im not doing car stuff im usually gaming so I built the best I could.
IMG_5331 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Its a nice setup, if anyone plays lemme know.
After putting that together the race to get the car running started.
IMG_5221 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Then I kept bolting more things on
63909698006__40F8294D-6908-4847-BA63-BE38C304AAFA by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Yes, the bay is kind of messy. But im working on the fly
I also got word of some cool wheels that were up for sale
AVS Model T6 in 17x9 +22 and 18x9 +22, so I got them immediately
37E2F9A4-02E2-4DF1-BFB8-BD7860AD0DBD by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Fast forward sometime, and the car was just about ready to be started. Had a few issues my E5 ecu had a circuit burnt out and the wrong chassis plug wired in.
IMG_5350 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_5347 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I got it running, and it had a couple issues. Mainly the idle, but its almost perfect now. This picture was after the first drive home.
IMG_5524 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

After I got it home, I decided to start dressing my interior up and adding my aero. I added a bride vios 1 and some apexi gauges. Also got fineline hot road aero. And some bomex mirrors
IMG_5522 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_5525 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_5546 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_5509 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

That about sums the beginning of this build. The next step is to get it ready for body work, get the engine running at 100%. And to eventually do a cross country trip in it. Updates will definitely be slow, but I hope to make sure updates come as stuff happens.

Here is the whole parts list:

S13 Build

1992 240sx SE

Engine
Early 180sx blacktop Sr20det
Rev9 intercooler
Pbm downpipe
Pbm inlet
Magnaflow hi flow
Buddyclub spec2 exhaust
Exedy oem clutch
Gktech fan
Gktech shifter bushing
Gktech catch can

Interior
Bride zeta 1 with head pad and back cover
S14 passenger seat
Nardi 330 with fabulous horn
Pivot open shift knob
Apexi EL gauges Oil press, coolant temp, boost

Suspension
Bc br coils extreme low 8/6
25mm extended front lca
Pbm front knuckle
Cusco rear strut bar
Hippo sleek front strut bar
Rash facture c pillar bar
Godspeed tension rods
Gktech camber/ toe and lockout kit

Exterior
180 kouki lights with Kevlar center garnish
Fineline hot road replica aero
180 bumper eventually
Ganador rep mirror

Wheels
17x9 +22 Avs T6 215/40 falken rt615k+
18x9 +22 Avs T6 225/40
Nismo lug nuts
vdubkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #2
struka
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
struka is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to struka
Looks good, looking forward to more!
Old 06-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #3
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

vdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the rough
Trying to make progress.
I sold the fineline skirts and got some GP rep skirts. Dont mind them being reps as I am not really looking to spend too much on aero.
Did a quick test fit.

IMG_5621 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_5620 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I just received my 180 front bumper. Waiting on brackets and extensions to come in so I can mount that along with the front lip.
Also managed to find a rep 180 spoiler in the meantime. Pricing for oem stuff is just a bit outrageous right now.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:00 AM   #4
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Good selections on the parts and I like the direction of the car. I'm digging how "180sx Kouki Aero Thread" people are gearing their cars towards still, I don't get tired of AVS wheels and Pivot knobs.

Curious on the fitment of the Fineline HR pieces. From everyone I've asked it seems the skirts fit well but the rear valence is subpar. Looks pretty good on your car I'd say.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #5
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Good selections on the parts and I like the direction of the car. I'm digging how "180sx Kouki Aero Thread" people are gearing their cars towards still, I don't get tired of AVS wheels and Pivot knobs.

Curious on the fitment of the Fineline HR pieces. From everyone I've asked it seems the skirts fit well but the rear valence is subpar. Looks pretty good on your car I'd say.

The fitment of the Fineline pieces really depends on how Alex prepares the pieces. I have a lot of extra glass around the edges that I had to knock off which is no big issue. But other than that the parts almost fit pretty good right out of the box.

Yeah I spent a lot of time going through those threads. I think AVS wheels may be my favorite, always end up with some.
Appreciate the kind words!
Old 08-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #6
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Was pretty idle for a couple of months. But managed to attend an event and drove a few laps. Was too hot out to try and drive a bit.

cool pic by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Also managed to get a rep Type X spoiler for a steal. Also worked out a deal on 17/18 Enkei RP01 that are the same spec as the T6. Should be good for spares or wheels to ride on to preserve the T6. Im currently looking into a power upgrade, almost set on T28/550cc/Z32 setup, and doing some type of head gasket and stuffs.

image1 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
image0 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
Old 04-21-2022, 10:14 PM   #7
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Finally Zilvia is back, here's a bit of an update.

While it was winter time I started saving to visit my parents' home country of Panama. Was very nice getting some time off.
IMG_6790 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

My car developed an issue with breaking up under boost, tried all kinds of "fixes". The fix ended up being replacing the coils, I ended up swapping over to VQ coils and modding the existing harness. Very easy swap and in the budget

IMG_6594 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

In my last post I mentioned getting a little more power out of the SR, on my casual checks of Facebook I came across a T28.

IMG_7065 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I also needed a clutch, my friend had a ACT HD clutch for sale.

66758691569__D1884DE3-6E3A-49BF-BBB9-E9AB4040DDA7 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I acquired some XT7 from the same friend I got the clutch from.
Specs are 17x9 +28 and 18x9.5 +12

IMG_7082 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Heres the first fit with them on, I barely had to pull the rear which is nice.

66768614858__63649AB8-1FC2-435F-B4B6-9A933275EACD by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I went to an event to hang out for a bit. My car had a few issues which stemmed from having a pre-O2 exhaust leak.

IMG_7119 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Had a cool blurry picture taken on a cruise after the event

IMG_8193 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Here I am posted at the best grocery store in the world. There is no argument, so dont even try.

IMG_7090 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I also have been gaming quite a bit so updated a few peripherals. Razer Huntsman Tourney keyboard and LG G-Pro mouse.

66784619744__AF70BFDC-8FB6-4933-9CEC-268EE22FFDB1 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I got started on the turbo swap, got this "silk" manifold off of Facebook as well. It was too close to the brake lines so I stuck with the stock manifold for the meantime. Id like to get a Spectrum equal length and an S15 turbo later on. Also, I know im missing a fitting for the ps line, its in a bin somewhere.

IMG_7172 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

67019186736__EABEC0B7-CDC8-4647-8A0E-26C336AEC752 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

67019185765__579381D1-4CF8-413A-9B42-560B2A766F99 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

So a funny story, I tried my hardest to be on a budget for this turbo setup. I had the oppurtunity to buy a RS Enthalpy ECU, 740cc injectors, and Z32 Maf. Ended up selling/trading most of it in exchange for 480 S15 injectors and another rs enthalpy ecu and also the tune needed for my setup.

Resized_Resized_20220331_171203 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Also, TF Works mentioned having the Project Mu D1 pads in stock. So had to snag some quick

67078167023__8D1BF809-6FB7-4BCD-8E74-E6C4A5DCB5F0 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Also, I have started to mock up the SOHC AC setup I got from a fellow S chassis owner.

IMG_7208 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I also have been keeping my AVS T6 in the garage since I noticed a front wheel with a crack. Will eventually repair and refinish.

IMG_7248 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

And to conclude was getting the car running on the S14 T28, 480cc Injectors, Z32 MAF. Its running pretty good at 12psi and with old plugs and old 93.

IMG_7278 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I was also getting the car ready to drive an event last second. I ran out of time and was utilizing a stock clutch hoping it would hold up at least one event, it lasted about 2 laps. The car feels great and I dont plan on making many engine changes. This is all I need, and cant wait to drive it more.

IMG_7280 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

FF692DD2-F384-41CA-99A9-4F33009645F3 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

1939CEAB-FBFF-4DA5-A6FF-6C6CA39E46AB by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_7296 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Til next time, maybe next update is car finally being one color. Id like to paint it Midnight Purple 1, and get it sitting on the AVS again. Clutch is getting swapped out this weekend, and should have AC running before Summer.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:50 AM   #8
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This is going to look excellent painted.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:46 AM   #9
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Are SOHC AC parts needed to have AC in an SR S13? I thought it was only the condenser fan.

Looking cool as hell though.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:51 PM   #10
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Are SOHC AC parts needed to have AC in an SR S13? I thought it was only the condenser fan.

Looking cool as hell though.
Its just the only complete setup I could find near me. I think I?ll have to move some lines around. And the oem condenser fan is a plus

Last edited by vdubkidd; 04-26-2022 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Misspelled
Old 04-26-2022, 11:18 PM   #11
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Took the time to assess the damage from the event.

429FCA92-8394-4629-89D6-F5B65B11837A by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I dont think the clutch is supposed to look like this.

E25B6E7C-147A-4690-B407-AC27A78DA273 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

48E5D175-64C1-4154-8225-E6531772B13C by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Didnt take too many pictures just wanted everything finished up as quick as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU243U4IjIY
My friend got a video of some of the process
Old 04-27-2022, 03:58 AM   #12
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
You got every penny out of that clutch...thats for sure.
Old 04-28-2022, 04:33 AM   #13
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Clutch is done
Old 08-06-2022, 09:16 AM   #14
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Update:

Enjoying the last few days with the XT7, ended up selling these to a local.
The rear offset was just not going to work in the long run, with the camber setting I really want.

IMG_7443 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Drove a fun event for memorial day, ended up getting cut short due to a bent tie rod and not a single store in town carrying one. But the T28 setup does really well now.

IMG_7480 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Ended up going to a little cruise in our town, had an impromptu S chassis photo op. Pretty cool seeing more S chassis around town that are either looking cool now or will look cool very shortly.

IMG_7561 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Most of this summer the car has spent sitting just due to high temps and lack of motivation. There was a point where the car would lose power while driving cauing a lean issue. Inspected a bunch of stuff and ended up realizing that my amp had gone bad, and I never disconnected it and it was causing power surging. But with that being fixed, I ended up going to a local car gathering "Import Alliance" they had a cheap drift day at our local track, Nashville Superspeedway. Was a very hot day, but got enough laps in to be content. Once again the simple T28 setup is killer for the price.

IMG_7654 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Homie Tony pulling up with the casual 5 spoke/6 spoke look
IMG_7634 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

And to top it off, on one of my daily checks on the auctions. Found this HPI manifold for $16 Buy now. I dont think ive ever purchased something so fast from the auctions. Has one crack, but should hold up after repairs. I cannot wait to finally have cool sounds instead of stock mani noise.

IMG_7668 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Things that will probably come next, Im not totally sure.
Looked into possibly getting different aero like Ezo Ism, still doing research to see if everything is available. Maybe finally start on some body work and choose a color for paint. Would definitely like to get tuned with Martin in person, this tune is quite a bit rich, not a bad thing but would like to get it cleaned up quite a bit.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:48 AM   #15
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Someone in NY just posted an Ezo-ism kit on facebook like a week or so ago. Find that shit!
Old 08-08-2022, 12:14 PM   #16
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

On marketplace or in a FB group from New York?
Old 01-29-2023, 07:46 PM   #17
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Took a hefty break from the car for a few months. Ended up going to work in Antarctica for about a month, that was such a crazy experience. While gone, I ordered an Ezo Ism rear valence and Shine auto skirts and bumper. I think in that time frame I replaced the Apexi gauges with Defis and finally put my new heater core in. The biggest purchase was 17x9.5 +12 TE37 SL, wasnt intending to run TE37 like ever just cause they are usually out of budget. But found a good deal. Also found some Craft Squares kind of local to me as well.

IMG_8908 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_8598 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_9318 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_9107 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
Old 01-30-2023, 11:05 AM   #18
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubkidd View Post

IMG_8908 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
In for more pictures of Antarctica. This is hella cool.
Old 01-30-2023, 06:43 PM   #19
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

More Antarctica pictures:

DSCN5754 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
DSCN5756 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_8689 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_8729 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_8765 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_8813 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_8840 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_8681 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_8767 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_8851 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
Old 04-10-2023, 09:21 PM   #20
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Kind of an update:

Been pretty idle on any mods or changes to the car as its been feeling very consistent and the weather has been too nice, so just spending time driving around town and events. Doing some parts collecting and selling some off. Looking to possibly move down further south to Houston end of year, so gotta prepare for that.

Got some cool pics from my homie Chico
000031090001 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Got a pair of Grenade GX01, hopefully make for cool spares
IMG_9156 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Finally got my Dmax trunk wing in after a wait, I love the look of it
69939061418__4D0ABBBA-31D0-4009-B9EC-A21AC6D1FF11 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Drove an event, been feeling very good with my driving as of late. These huge fireballs were happening almost every run, my timing was off about 10*. Inspected and fixed, car is running better than ever now.
286D398D-0BB2-41B7-B6D7-AED386C7E035 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Heres a cool pic with the homies after the event
IMG_9190 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Just went to an event called SlushFest, all the drivers left early for some reason. Got some laps in after the guy running it came and asked if we wanted to drive for a bit. Fun video of a lap in the rain
Video by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
Old 05-30-2023, 10:07 PM   #21
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

One day up and decided to get the car ready to be all one color. Seeing it in 4 different colors is pretty annoying. So started taking it all apart. I have no experience in body work so some stuff may not look the best, but the learning experience has been fun. Also in this time I acquired a red zeta 2 and brix 1.5, which im very excited for.

IMG_9400 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_9404 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_9406 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_9422 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_9421 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

This hatch was actually ditched for a better wiperless hatch, not perfect but way better.

IMG_9407 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

IMG_9430 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Had to do a mockup to see the vision, I wish I had better aero but this will do for now.
IMG_9433 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Yes I know the Brix is missing the trim piece. Already have one on order, downside of cheaper parts.
IMG_9435 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

In the car, I love this seat setup so much.
IMG_9436 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

I still have a long way to go, wishing I had a bigger space to work on this thing. The single car garage just cant get the job done for me. The eventual color is going to be a metallic black like my old S14.
Old 05-31-2023, 05:25 AM   #22
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Progress looks great! Antarctica looked cold.
Old 08-31-2023, 09:04 PM   #23
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Took some time off from the car after attempting body work. Initially did it to attend KnuckleUp at Midpond, but ended up not going due to a conflict. I ended up running into the dreaded stripping out the oil feed at the block. Fixed it and did a NPT to 3AN setup.

image2 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

From beginning of July I did quite a few of events and pretty much ruined my aero. So I put an order in on an Msports hood, and later on picked up a Msports Type A kit from Koruworks in Atlanta. Had to get a few good shots with the Sexy Style before getting rid of it.
image5 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
image4 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
image1 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Now with the Msports Type A, I am going to use an Origin 1750mm 3D GT wing with this setup as well. Also this aero fits so nice, this is mounted with no hardware at all. Very stoked to have everything on and hopefully in one color by end of September.
image6 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
image0 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Next update will be car in one color and ready for a special event in Tennessee!
Old 09-01-2023, 08:15 AM   #24
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I don't think I've ever seen one of those kits other than the demo shots on the Msports website. Looks cooler in real life!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:54 PM   #25
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

So... car is one color and fully done up.

image3 (1) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr

Midnight purple, added a 1750mm Origin wing as well
image0 (2) by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
Old 10-11-2023, 05:54 AM   #26
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Yeah so...

WERE GONNA NEED MORE PHOTOS OF THE CAR CAUSE

GOD DAMN.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:01 AM   #27
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Fookin christ dude. Good work. More pics!
Old 10-11-2023, 10:58 AM   #28
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yes, more photos needed indeed! Dark metallic purple on bronze is so good.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:03 PM   #29
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

More pictures coming soon!
Old 10-17-2023, 01:48 PM   #30
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

IMG_0039 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_0067 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_0066 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_0068 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_0069 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr
IMG_0070 by Raymond Gonell, on Flickr