Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
Dcocci

Trader Rating: (0)
Dcocci is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EBC yellow brake pads??

Just picked up a 2014 370z base. Looking to do track days and some auto-x with MAYBE 100 miles/week of true street driving (minus any canyon runs/rallies etc.). Wondering how people like the EBC yellows, and if they would recommend any other pads. I'd like to have ONE pad for everything. No interest in swapping out pads. Thanks!
Dcocci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
cespana
Leaky Injector

cespana is an unknown quantity at this point
I preffer hawk HP+ for track days and HP for daily/occasional abuse ....you can try project miu...that ones are even better than the Hawk hp+ for imo...

Enviado desde mi U9200 usando Tapatalk 2
cespana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
Lr308
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Lr308 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Track day my 350z a lot. Good luck finding the sweet spot for all around pads. EBC Blue stuff initial bit was on low side (good for street), held up to speed and heat very well 135mph 20 min sessions 6 runs. After major track day the NOISE was crazy loud. Dust collects in the v-grooves. Changing out brake fluid during seasons. Have two sets OEM and big track days also get yourself a Motive power bleeder. When your brembo change colors you have done a good job.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #4
Dcocci

Dcocci is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lr308 View Post
Track day my 350z a lot. Good luck finding the sweet spot for all around pads. EBC Blue stuff initial bit was on low side (good for street), held up to speed and heat very well 135mph 20 min sessions 6 runs. After major track day the NOISE was crazy loud. Dust collects in the v-grooves. Changing out brake fluid during seasons. Have two sets OEM and big track days also get yourself a Motive power bleeder. When your brembo change colors you have done a good job.

EBC and Hawk advertise the yellows and HP+ as pads you can track and daily drive. I don't care about squeal at all, and dust doesn't bother me too much unless if it's collecting in places it shouldn't (in the caliper, around the piston etc). I'm OCD with my cars and I clean them up after every event. I'm really concerned with the car being a BASE too. It's doesn't have the trick Akebono brakes the sport has, so I might need whichever pad is better when you get heat in them. They will be stressed with an otherwise stock weight 370z and I definitely don't want fade lol.
Dcocci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
HypnoFish
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HypnoFish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I run EBC yellows on my SC300 and I really like them.

They make a lot of dust just like the HP+, but they are much quieter for driving around the street.
HypnoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
Andy621

Andy621 is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 for hp+'s but they are very dusty!
Andy621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #7
n33sanz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
n33sanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How about EBC reds?
n33sanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #8
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
I love my EBC yellows. Awesome cold bite, and hold up when warm as well. They lock the rears up cold 70-80 in a straight with stock rear calipers with ease. They dust very badly though, but most "race" pads I've run have done that as well. Haven't run the hawks on this car so can't say much there, but even on the street, the yellows have been great and very minimal noise.
D-Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:16 AM   #9
JTunedMotorsports
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Trader Rating: (65)
JTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enoughJTunedMotorsports will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 65 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JTunedMotorsports
I have them on my trailblazer SS truck with Cryo power slot rotors and I have not issues and I drive hard. Only thing like above is the dust is bad...I have not had not issues with nose, just on the break in.
JTunedMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #10
lookatme

lookatme is an unknown quantity at this point
I am running the EBC yellowstuff pads right now because the rears on my car were not available for the bluestuff pads (rx7). The yellowstuff pads are ok for street driving and not so much high speed stuff. I would get brake fade pretty quick when doing 130-150mph braking. They also feel much weaker at high speeds during braking. the bluestuff pads are MUCH better for high speed braking. I will continue to use the yellowstuff till they wear out and throw on the bluestuff when they are done. I think they are good, but not great. Bluestuff makes some annoying noises when driving around slow. they sometimes make a screeching noise when the pad gets knocked back, the yellowstuff doesn't do this. both dust a lot. It looks like both of these pads (yellow and blue) are very rotor friendly.

These are on the stock rotor sized rotors and also the 99 spec larger 13" rotors.
lookatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #11
Sleepiedaze
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Sleepiedaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
instead of going straight for a track pad have you thought about changing the brake fluid to a higher temp / racing fluid. im on a stock OEM pad with high temp brake fuild. haven't had issues at the track.
Sleepiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #12
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Winmax W4 and Project Mu G-Four 335 fluid. End thread.
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #13
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I have them and they did their job at the track. My car is only a weekend car and they do good on the street but they do make a very small squeal on the streets

I only went with them cause they are cheap and somewhat okay on track. But I mention chaparral cause I play on a Akebono upgrade on my Z and will be going with a far more aggressive pad
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #14
rod.osburn

rod.osburn is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been through them all and I find there's nothing better than the Hawks. I run my baby hard at NOLA and the only pads that hold up are the HP+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rod.osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #15
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Can't be running that hard if you're not murdering street pads on track :-X
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #16
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
EBC is trash. Try Carbotech
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #17
rod.osburn

rod.osburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Hawk Pads

HPS is for street. HP+ are track pads. Just saying.......
rod.osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #18
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
No, HP+ is still an aggressive street pad.

DTC-60 is for the track.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:33 PM   #19
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
As long as you get yourself a nice warranty on those bad
Boys. Otherwise you're wasting your money. lol
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:58 AM   #20
qwer010203

qwer010203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

Nice! Thanks for the information!
qwer010203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #21
illest_s15

illest_s15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cespana View Post
I preffer hawk HP+ for track days and HP for daily/occasional abuse ....you can try project miu...that ones are even better than the Hawk hp+ for imo...

Enviado desde mi U9200 usando Tapatalk 2
I loved my HP+ pads they are pretty squeaky though under city driving conditions, really gotta get them warmed up.
illest_s15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #22
GoodShow

GoodShow is an unknown quantity at this point
Reading up on brakes and cant believe anyone is actually using EBC. Its like buying duralast and thinking it is a performance pad.
GoodShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #23
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Bruh, the new Duralast GT are the official brake pads of nascar!!
Old 10-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #24
GoodShow

GoodShow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Bruh, the new Duralast GT are the official brake pads of nascar!!

They do lots of braking in Nascar, also, what toothpaste does Dale Jr use?
lol.
GoodShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:17 PM   #25
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Stoptech (Centric) Sport Performance pads can take light duty track usage, and won’t smear on rotors if you do over temp then like HP+ and crappy EBC yellow stuff.

They’re probably the highest max operating temp “streetable” pads I’ve experienced. They dust, but it’s not corrosive, pretty rotor friendly, and no noise. A little soft when cold, but not as much as like a DTC-60 which can feel like the brakes almost aren’t there on an ice cold rotor.

If you have to bomb around for 25+ mins over braking everywhere, you need to toss something like a DTC 60 up front.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #26
jimcfl

jimcfl is an unknown quantity at this point
I hated Hawk HP+ on the street and the track. They squealed worse than a garbage truck on the street, and smeared on rotors at the track. I never found the EBC stuff to work that well either.

The best street/track combo pad I ever used was the Ferodo DS2500 on my turbo BMW. They worked great on the street and while not as good as a race pad on the track, they handled it very well (no smearing or crumbling).
jimcfl is offline   Reply With Quote