Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #121
a_ahmed
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
uhm 225 is not wide... wrong thread

I would fit it on an 8... 7 ur maybe talking 215... imho... to really benefit from the full thread...

Edit: my dad runs 225/50/16 on a 16x6 lol.. sure itll work but yea it won't really be solid... he bought new 16x7.5 wheels though (2lbs lighter than stock too :P).. and its for a non nissan car but whatever..
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #122
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
Could I fit a 225/45/17 on a 17x7.5 wheel or would it be too wide?
A 7.5" wide wheel is about right for a 225 width tire... a quick trip to tirerack.com shows that the wheel width should be somewhere between 7-8.5".
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #123
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's a joke right...?

Because if it isnt, then you obviously have the reading comprehension of a house cat. There are guys on here running 9-10" wide wheels with way more rubber than a 225 on stock fenders and youre asking if a 7.5 on 225s is too wide??
Old 01-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #124
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoZ8myCow View Post
That's a joke right...?

Because if it isnt, then you obviously have the reading comprehension of a house cat. There are guys on here running 9-10" wide wheels with way more rubber than a 225 on stock fenders and youre asking if a 7.5 on 225s is too wide??
I think he is asking more along the lines of if the tire will work on the rim. Not if the rim/tire combo will fit.

Unless you have some crazy offset rims that setup will work just fine. I ran a 225 on S13 SE rims
Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #125
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
a 225 tire will be pretty much perfectly square on a 7.5" wide wheel, meaning your sidewalls will be pretty much vertical, no bulge nor stretch.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #126
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoZ8myCow View Post
That's a joke right...?

MEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-T_240 View Post
I think he is asking more along the lines of if the tire will work on the rim. Not if the rim/tire combo will fit.

Unless you have some crazy offset rims that setup will work just fine. I ran a 225 on S13 SE rims
Correct, I was asking if the tire would fit the rim, not the rim/tire the car.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #127
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Monty - looks good, you gonna lower any more? With a bit of a pull, you could go at least an inch lower and still have all the travel I assume you want.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #128
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
Monty - looks good, you gonna lower any more? With a bit of a pull, you could go at least an inch lower and still have all the travel I assume you want.
Thanks! I'm not going any lower just yet. If you look at my tire/spring perch picture back a few posts you'll see that I'll need spacers (10mm minimum) if I drop the car even 1/4". If I do that then I'm sure I'll have issues with the tires clearing the fenders, and I'm not ready to purchase wide fenders yet. Funds are currently going towards finishing the rear 86XX suspension/Z32 uprights and some safety equipment. I'll be coming back to getting wider fenders once I verify (first few track days of 08) that a 275/40 RA-1 is the tire I want to stick with and go lower then.

Another issue I have is that I live in an area that is very hilly, driveways and alot of the local businesses have steep entrances that cause low cars issues with scraping entering/exiting.

I do have an Eastwood fender roller in the garage and will be using that and whatever else it will take to roll/pull the fenders to fit what I have now. I'm sure with the spring rates that I'm running that it probably isn't needed unless I have an off at high speeds... which is more than possible with my local track and lack of ABS.

I was able to take a few more pictures from the front and back after finishing up the install this last weekend... to bad there's still snow on the ground here or I'd be out driving it

McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #129
azn_romeox
Zilvia Member

azn_romeox is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had stretched tires and now i'm looking for as maximum amount I can put down.
Sold the te37's
18x9 +10 245/18 Bridgestone re-01r
18x10.5 +15 265/35/18 Bridgestone re-01r

The shine work wheel is what I currently rock on my s14
17x8.5 +44 w/ 25mm slip spacer 245/40/17 (wish I had gone bigger)
17x9.5 +44 w/ 5mm slip on spacer 275/40/17 I have a plently of room for 285. Folded the lip up, that was all the mods

azn_romeox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #130
gawdzilla
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
gawdzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Cool thread! Nothing crazy by any means.. but on my S14, here's MT ET street bias plies 26x11.5x16 on a 16" mustang wheel (sorry don't know the offset.. internet probably has it somewhere. i believe the wheel is 8" wide but don't quote me on that).. fender was unrolled during fitment picture. It clears when the car isn't low but eventually I rolled the lips cuz the car went lower. I share the drag wheels with a friend who has an FC. Fits pretty decent on both.

On the street/turn track I'm running 275/40/17 R and 255/40/17 F, RT-615s on R33 wheels (17x9+30). No spacers. Sorry no good pics of it
gawdzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #131
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
^^Post pics of the car with R33 wheels
Old 01-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #132
azn_romeox
Zilvia Member

Buddy of mine put a setup on his car
s14
275/40/17 Front R33 17x9 +30 Roll the front lips over and liners come off (tein coilovers)
275/40/17 Rear R33 17x9 +30 Roll the Lip and your good to go.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #133
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
any spacers? i find it hard to believe that he could fit 1" more tire on the inside compared to my setup (225 on R32 GTR wheels with c/o). there's barely any room as it is.

Last edited by cdlong; 01-09-2008 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: added "GTR"
cdlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #134
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
R32 GTS wheels are 16x6.5+40 and R32 GTR wheels are 16x8+30... I run GTS wheels on mine... it all depends on coilover/damper housing setup/suspension settings like camber... and banging/no liners :P Also tire/height/sidewall profile etc.. matters when it comes to fitment

*Edit* Double post

Last edited by a_ahmed; 01-09-2008 at 05:43 AM..
Old 01-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #135
a_ahmed
BANNED

*double post*

Last edited by a_ahmed; 01-09-2008 at 05:43 AM..
Old 01-09-2008, 02:48 AM   #136
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
edited. i figured everyone could figure out/assume i was talking about GTR wheels. i left out all the other info because it's superfluous.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #137
gawdzilla
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-T_240 View Post
^^Post pics of the car with R33 wheels

found this image on the internet (credit to whoever's photo it is) of my car (after redline time attack where I was a last minute replacement for my cousin) with said r33s no spacers. rt-615's 255/40/17 F, 275/40/17 R. rear fenders are rolled a bit, fronts are stock, fender liner still in place.

I tried putting the 275s on the front (tein flex coilovers) and had fitting issues. aznromeox says his friend did it, but the inner tire sidewall hit the spring on mine (factory camber settings at the time). Not saying it's not somehow possible but I didn't attempt much further (don't want to use spacers or crazy camber just yet)

With 255s on the front no spacer, the rim itself is maybe 3-5mm away from interfering, and the lettering on the inside of one of my 255s has just barely been rubbed away from the spring. I need to pull the coil towards the inside more before tightening to clearance it, then make camber adjustments up top at the perch. Haven't gotten around to it cuz of time, but the rubbing is very surface (raised lettering only) and has since stopped.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #138
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
maybe with camber bolts in the lower mounts of the tein coilovers and then setting the camber plate to full negative he was able to gain some clearance to the strut around the spring perch for such a wide wheel?

just an idea, I know a lot of guys tinker with using camber bolts in both locations on the knuckle on each side of the car and sometimes at all four corners of the car, STIs do it to gain neg. camber and some do it to gain inside wheel well clearance to the suspension.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #139
azn_romeox
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawdzilla View Post

found this image on the internet (credit to whoever's photo it is) of my car (after redline time attack where I was a last minute replacement for my cousin) with said r33s no spacers. rt-615's 255/40/17 F, 275/40/17 R. rear fenders are rolled a bit, fronts are stock, fender liner still in place.

I tried putting the 275s on the front (tein flex coilovers) and had fitting issues. aznromeox says his friend did it, but the inner tire sidewall hit the spring on mine (factory camber settings at the time). Not saying it's not somehow possible but I didn't attempt much further (don't want to use spacers or crazy camber just yet)

With 255s on the front no spacer, the rim itself is maybe 3-5mm away from interfering, and the lettering on the inside of one of my 255s has just barely been rubbed away from the spring. I need to pull the coil towards the inside more before tightening to clearance it, then make camber adjustments up top at the perch. Haven't gotten around to it cuz of time, but the rubbing is very surface (raised lettering only) and has since stopped.

I'll have to see If I can get pictures of it. Its pretty impressive.
BTW: hes running for tires Fusion ZRI 275/40/17 all the way around. From my experience with this tire, it seems a little bit narrower than some. To note, its damn close to the strut with maybe 1.5 degree of camber up front. Some may have issues with it hitting struts as I have had in the past, it depends on the coilover, some are larger in diameter than others.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #140
gawdzilla
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_romeox View Post
I'll have to see If I can get pictures of it. Its pretty impressive.
BTW: hes running for tires Fusion ZRI 275/40/17 all the way around. From my experience with this tire, it seems a little bit narrower than some. To note, its damn close to the strut with maybe 1.5 degree of camber up front. Some may have issues with it hitting struts as I have had in the past, it depends on the coilover, some are larger in diameter than others.
cool, some pics and exact details on settings would be helpful! not saying it can't be done. just on my particular setup at the time, it wasn't happening/required significant changes to how i wanted to run the car
Old 01-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #141
mmdb
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
mmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymoremmdb is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
285 / 30 / 18 tires on the rear of an s14 with 9.5" width wheel with 30+ offset fits without rubbing with a very good roll (use an eastwood roller or equivalent).
mmdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:56 AM   #142
a_ahmed
BANNED

^
Post pictures not words
Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 AM   #143
a_ahmed
BANNED

My birthday is on the 25th, lol give me fat tires in this thread:P
Old 01-24-2008, 05:22 AM   #144
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
s14

My ca rhas R33 wheels on it w 245/40 17 in tires w 10mm spacers. no fender trim or roll, GPsports coilover all around and big brakes. everything clears just fine, though the car sit rather high..pics to follow
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:47 AM   #145
posdrift240
Zilvia Member

posdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymore
I wanna see a 240 tubbed out with some 15inch wide rubbers on the back!! Any one have any pics?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:00 AM   #146
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by posdrift240 View Post
I wanna see a 240 tubbed out with some 15inch wide rubbers on the back!! Any one have any pics?
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 AM   #147
posdrift240
Zilvia Member

posdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymoreposdrift240 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlervibes View Post

Very nice!! Any more info on that car?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:08 AM   #148
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by posdrift240 View Post
Very nice!! Any more info on that car?
All I can remember is that is has a LSX 6.0L motor.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:10 AM   #149
posdrift240
Zilvia Member

Awesome!! Car looks like a Beast from the rear. I can only imagine the power!! can't go wrong with a LsX motor.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #150
jfandem
Leaky Injector

jfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enough
I just bought Work equips, and am wondering about what tire size I should run and how it would fit, and how much pull/roll I need.

98 s14, stance coilovers
18x9.5 front +8
18x10.5 rear +16

I want to run up to a 305 in rear if I can....what do you recommend? Anyone have pics of a similar setup?
jfandem is offline   Reply With Quote