Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 09-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post First Drive: 2011 Nissan Juke

08-26-2010 10:57 AM

Remember the Nissan NX of the mid-'90s? The tiny, econobox-based sportster was as cute as a bug and spent its brief lifespan mixing it up with other long-gone, sporty front-wheel drive affordables like the Mazda MX-3, Honda Civic CRX, Toyota Paseo and even the Hyundai Scoupe. While there were a lot of inexpensive, racy looking coupes back then, most automakers just don't see any money in that segment anymore. Instead, when they look to spin something off of their entry-level B-class chassis, most veer toward the white-hot crossover segment.

Consider the latest example, Nissan's 2011 Juke. Come to think of it, this in-your-face city slicker has some startling similarities to the NX. For one, at 162.8 inches long, it's deceptively small – just 0.4 inches longer than the '90s coupe. Further, both the Juke and the NX1600 rely on 1.6-liter four-cylinder power. And like the Sentra-based NX, the more emotional Juke is based on the same humble underpinnings that give structure to Nissan's workaday offerings, in this case, the Versa and Cube. And while the Juke may not be cute as a bug, there's something downright insectian about its Predator-like mug.

Despite not being a traditional sporty car, Nissan has been talking up its controversially styled mini-ute with many of the same descriptors, so we hopped a plane to Vancouver to see if the Juke could bob and weave its way into our hearts. Follow the jump to find out how it fared.

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
sephiroth99
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
sephiroth99 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoblog
Nissan says it also expects car-conscious young people who might otherwise consider modding a used BMW 3 Series or Nissan 240SX to consider a Juke [...]
Interesting... it's true that the Juke would be in my list if I were looking for a new car.
sephiroth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:30 AM   #3
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
... fugly

Nissan Juke | Video Features | Videos | Auto Express
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point

this is the one for sale
Old 10-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I can see a whole segment going after it because it looks weird. LOL Oh and its quite possibly another case of the Nissan that looks better in person than it does in pictures. Which seems to happen quite often of late. I.E. 370Z , Cube, New Maxima etc...

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
a lot of reviewers seems to like it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziSeglouyWk
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
misdeismo

misdeismo is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a funky video. at least it comes in stick.
misdeismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
the way the lights are layed out doesn't appeal to me personally, but other than that it's a cool car. what's not to like about a car that comes with a turbo from the factory? i wouldn't be surprised if the engine starts popping up in other nissan vehicles.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If you're looking for a smaller size cross-over that's fuel efficient & reasonably fun to drive, yeah I guess it's a decent buy.
It does some like a better value than the rogue.
Come to think of it, i don't know why the hell nissan needs so many crossovers/suvs.

Now it's definitely a stretch to say it would appeal to those who want another 240sx.
I would not buy this, and even if I were to want to get something similar, Id opt for a truck.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
If you're looking for a smaller size cross-over that's fuel efficient & reasonably fun to drive, yeah I guess it's a decent buy.
It does some like a better value than the rogue.
Come to think of it, i don't know why the hell nissan needs so many crossovers/suvs.

Now it's definitely a stretch to say it would appeal to those who want another 240sx.
I would not buy this, and even if I were to want to get something similar, Id opt for a truck.
I pretty much agree with all of this.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:14 AM   #11
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
When I saw this at the dealership I was dissapointed. The salesman told me nissan was coming out with a new sporty turbo car. Then I saw this and was ultimately dissapointed. Looks like a suzuki. Its the nissan tracker. Of course its going to appeal to a certain segment but I think it will just be the segment that is currently interested in rogue, cube, scion and the likes. It just isn't cheap enough to reel in anyone else.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #12
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There's not enough gold in china to make me drive that thing. I'd honestly rather drive a turbo pt loser.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
i still think if they put this drivetrain (AWD Turbo) in the cube it would be awesome.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #14
upsdude
Post Whore!

a turbo cube would be sweet
Old 10-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #15
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
New name:

The Nissan Puke?

The Nissan Joke?
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #16
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
a turbo cube would be sweet
A turbo Cube would be sick as fuck. Damn that funny looking box just made me look like shit. LOL

It would a FU kia Soul. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #17
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
yeah AWD turbo cube would be a big FU to the Soul and pretty much stick a fork in the Scion XB.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #18
voodoo_child
Zilvia Junkie

voodoo_child is an unknown quantity at this point
you wont feel the turbo that much but driving this juke is fun you can switch from normal to sport, or to economy mode.
voodoo_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #19
upsdude
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_child View Post
you wont feel the turbo that much but driving this juke is fun you can switch from normal to sport, or to economy mode.
well yeah it's not gonna be a monster out the box but the fact that it's comes stock with a turbo just gives it more potential for power.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 AM   #20
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
While the design is the most polarizing aspect, we reached agreement on performance. The 2011 Nissan Juke's turbocharged 1.6-liter inline-four produces an eager 188 horsepower and 177 pound-feet of torque. With the continuously variable automatic buzzing the engine's top speed incessantly, the front-drive Juke we tested accelerated to 60 mph in 6.8 seconds, and through the quarter mile in 15.2 seconds at 91.9 mph, which is right on par with the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T, mind you. Stopping distance is equally impressive, at a best of 124 feet from 60 mph

Read more: 2011 Nissan Juke SV First Test - Motor Trend

....................har har har
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #21
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Thought the Genesis accelerated slower than that, maybe in the mid sevens iirc.

6.8 is good though, very close to the Forester Turbo.
Certainly one of the quicker vehicles in it's segment.
The thing is probably pretty damn light, or so I'd guess.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #22
RacerX1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
RacerX1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Looks like a murano/versa cross, Im not a fan..

& the headlights looks like theyre gonna shoot laser beams at the Death Star
Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #23
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
I'd buy this over Scion...
However, I do not have mask like someone so, I won't buy it !

But I am digging the specs...

MR16DDT – 1.6-liter Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG™) DOHC 16-valve turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
Horsepower – 188 hp @ 5,600 rpm
Torque – 177 lb-ft @ 2,000 – 5,200 rpm
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Why couldnt they make the headlights square instead of being circles? I bet that would make the car look alot better...who ever designed it need to get punched, then stabbed with a rusty screwdriver in the face.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #25
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I think it actually looks fun, and I'm glad Nissan took some risks here.
Nissan's other designs like the Altima, Rogue, Maxima, Versa, Senta etc are boring as hell (if not also flat out ugly).
Come to think of it, the vast majority of designs todays are very derivative of existing stuff.
Almost everyone is trying to play it safe.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #26
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

I would agree with the fact that its better to take chances with designs, rather than stagnate with derivative's. About the only derivative design I felt was on point for them was the Altima coupe. Had it been a rwd setup it would have been perfect.
Both the Juke and the Cube stand out because of the out of the box thinking. No pun intended.
Like it or not its a lot better than mundane look a likes.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #27
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
I'm sorry but once you own a car or two. Keywords like "Direct Injected" and "CVT" equal "Crazy Expensive dealer only parts and service" to me. I picture someone telling my the kanoodler is broke in the gearbox at 100k and a new one is $2600 plus $1200 labor because it must be vin coded with the ECU.

If you get the stick. You get only FWD which replaces the rear multilink with some torsen beam shit. It just costs to much for what it does. Looks like it's good at everything but nothing fits in it.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #28
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i get that they are supposed to be quirky, but it looks awkward as fuck.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #29
upsdude
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
the only derivative design I felt was on point for them was the Altima coupe. Had it been a rwd setup it would have been perfect.
yeah the rear on the coupes are
they come with a v6 don't they? maybe they kept it fwd so it wouldn't interfere w/the Z sales...or not i dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
I'm sorry but once you own a car or two. Keywords like "Direct Injected" and "CVT" equal "Crazy Expensive dealer only parts and service" to me.
isn't that the case with any new car? lol
Old 10-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #30
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post
yeah the rear on the coupes are
they come with a v6 don't they? maybe they kept it fwd so it wouldn't interfere w/the Z sales...or not i dunno

isn't that the case with any new car? lol
ya they do come with a V6. They made it FWD because it was aimed directly at Scion TC sales.

The thing is Scion aka Toyota has based the marketing of the Scions on towards younger people. Nissan just marketed the Altima Coupe lol

I digress though.

Yes all new cars have unserviceable parts for the end user. TheWolf has just not realized that, yet.
LOL

We no longer can buy cars you can do all the work yourself on.

Unless you are a master mechanic schooled in all the latest and greatest and even they have problems sometimes. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!