Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #31
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine harness all cleaned up and back where it belongs.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #32
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Just finished up the front 3rd of the chassis harness.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #33
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Coming along nicely Eric. The wiring harness looks top notch.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #34
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

spending far to much time wiring these days, here's a pic from the Buddy Club Thailand DC5 i just finished up.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #35
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Dope build! I was just given a e30 (barely running) and was wondering if you are running custom mounts? I am thinking of throwing my KA into it as it was leftover from my ls1 swap.

I was looking at these sr20 ebay mounts for the e30 but they look pretty shoddy.
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #36
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
dam that is great stuff man! keep up the good work!!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #37
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Ya custom mounts, shoot me a pm I could easily whip up another set of nice tig welded mounts.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #38
g00se
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
g00se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Down thanks! How are you planning on wiring it? are you keeping the stock gauges?
g00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #39
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

My dash will just consist on an aem serial gauge and possibly a couple shift/rpm reference lights. I will throw a tach in if I stumble upon the right one.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #40
mpact1981
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
mpact1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just seeing the word "Thailand" in the title instantly brought back memories... lol

Nice build! Be careful driving on those streets though. Craziest drivers I've ever seen in my life around there
mpact1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #41
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Memories

*Grabs testicles*

in for more...
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #42
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Subscribed. Missing Bangkok so much!
1gr8bar10der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #43
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

haha yes Thailand is a damn fun place to be.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #44
Kriskouki
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (199)
Kriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 199 reviews
Wow......I am subscribed to this build.......
Kriskouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:09 AM   #45
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

update will be coming soon, i need to get my slide on! Been crazy busy with the DC5 circuit car just pulled a 24 hour track prep day, corner balanced, bit more wiring of accessories and new gadgets, fuel system, aero, fallowed by some dyno tuning. On the way to the track now for the real testing
Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #46
eldine30
Leaky Injector

eldine30 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is awesome man, i wish i could finish my e30 sr20 project. :/

i have a e30 sr20 FOR SALE ready custom Chasebay wiring harness e30 to sr20det READY! plug and play they did a great job.

also have custom motor mounts, tranny mounts and driveshaft and a redtop sr20 complete swap with a 2door shell FS
eldine30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #47
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Tie rod spacers almost finished up.

using E46 lower control arms, e36 rack and tie rods (inner and outer)

Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #48
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice!

and pardon the noob question, what brings you to thailand? stationed?
Old 11-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #49
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

I wanted to live here and build race cars so here I am haha.
(note i am not refering to my e30, my e30 is NO race car)
Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #50
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Removed a good portion of the front chassis, looking forward to taking delivery of my Ar. gas this week to get my weld on!

Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #51
cxlumpy
Leaky Injector

cxlumpy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to cxlumpy
i want to see this thing run now!
cxlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #52
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Base for the seat

Old 12-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #53
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

recently had some time to add some strength and caster adjustment to the front strut mounts.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #54
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

deleted sh*ty iphone picture, better pics next post

Last edited by tunermt; 01-12-2014 at 01:45 AM..
tunermt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #55
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

More metal...

Front strut towers
Tubes to front frame rail
Tubes to lower frame rail under drivers/passengers feet. *still need to add gussets to a few places on these*
Repair/re-enforce/replace frame rails
Added "sub frame connectors (these basically run wheel to wheel (front to back) along the pinch welds and have a few cross bars) *will be incorporating trans mount and drive shaft hoop in the cross bars*
Sheet metal patch/re-enforcement **as you can see in the pictures rear of the front wheel wells still need some sheet metallove**

Old 01-01-2015, 02:14 AM   #56
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

this one shows how the tubes are set up for the front strut towers, sheet metal is not quite done yet though.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #57
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

E34 complete subframe swapped in along with rear coilover set up.

I also had some time to start on the cooling system, still have to add a few breather fittings/lines before she's complete

Old 10-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #58
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Almost play time!

Old 07-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #59
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

So the Velocity Element Sr20det Intake manifold on my car was an early prototype, looks like its finally available to public.
https://brewedmotors.com/velocity-el...ntake-manifold
Old 09-25-2018, 05:23 AM   #60
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie