Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #61
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Ohh I thought those Hyper tune intake manifolds run in $2200 AUD range lol my bad.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #62
STR8E180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
STR8E180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Ohh I thought those Hyper tune intake manifolds run in $2200 AUD range lol my bad.
if you get the hypertune billet throttle body and fuel rail kit then yeah it can go int othe $2000 range
STR8E180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #63
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8E180 View Post
if you get the hypertune billet throttle body and fuel rail kit then yeah it can go int othe $2000 range
Well, what is the point of buying an intake manifold made by one company and trying to make a fuel rail made by another company work with it? My logic is to buy the rail that was designed to work with the manifold in the first place. What throttle body is the flange for?

I'll take your suggestion, however I have a different IM than your local guys do.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #64
conwest
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
conwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow nice and clean
conwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #65
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Love it. All of it.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #66
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice love it all.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #67
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Well, what is the point of buying an intake manifold made by one company and trying to make a fuel rail made by another company work with it? My logic is to buy the rail that was designed to work with the manifold in the first place. What throttle body is the flange for?

I'll take your suggestion, however I have a different IM than your local guys do.
I don't know of a rail besides Hypertune that works with their manifold.

Nice setup so far.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #68
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru5 View Post
Man, this is a badass build. Can't wait to see it finished.
Thank you sir! I can't wait to see it completed either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
I love the engine bay color, and I am not a guy that favors the color red but you pulled it off with flair.

Props, Kudos, and all other great things to say about this build!

my only question is, why did you opt to mount the oil filter upside down ? I understand to hide the lines a little but would it work to run along the frame rail and have it underneath and the lines just slightly above the rail ? less mess during a oil change and still hidden enough ?
I'm extremely happy with how it turned out, now it's just getting the exterior as fresh as the bay.

I've had it mounted like that since my last swap and decided to leave it as is. I really couldn't find a better location without having extremely long lines. It made running the oil reloc/cooler lines and obviously oil filter access much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies! View Post
amazing attention to detail, the cleanses bay I've seen
I wouldn't say cleanest, but thanks for the kind words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinggg View Post
Couldnt have said it any better, it's alot cleaner then most but still gets the job done.
Thanks Ping.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #69
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I don't know of a rail besides Hypertune that works with their manifold.

Nice setup so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Love it. All of it.
Thank you gentlemen...

Tonight I got a chance to finish up my oil cooler lines. My buddy had some -10an Black Nylon hose laying around that he wasn't using, so I snatched it to finish up my stuff. Before I could get to working on making the remaining lines I had to pull the radiator out to enlarge the hole I initially made for the lines to pass through. Once the hole was enlarged, I put some vacuum tubing on the edges to keep it from chaffing through the cooler lines and ran everything to it's corresponding location. Enough gum flapping, pictures below.

Oil cooler from the engine side...

Shot from the driver's side headlight area...

The lines coming through the hole in the radiator shroud and terminating at the thermostat...

Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #70
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
blockedwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The quality of this build is unbelievable!!! This oil cooler set up seems very well thought out
blockedwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #71
Kriskouki
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (199)
Kriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really niceKriskouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 199 reviews
subscribed.......
Kriskouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #72
blo0d
Zilvia Member

blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
could you give me an overview on how you plan to do your exh manifold vacuum source for your catch can? y is it better than venting to atmosphere?
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #73
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blo0d View Post
could you give me an overview on how you plan to do your exh manifold vacuum source for your catch can? y is it better than venting to atmosphere?
I welded in a venturi into the down pipe, put a check valve inline and ran that line to my catch can. I have two fittings welded to my VC that connect to my catch can, once air starts flowing through the exhaust it will pull a vacuum on the can and VC.

It has been proven to make gains on a dyno vs just venting to atmosphere, that is why I did it.

Friday, I swung by the local race supply shop and picked up the fittings I needed to finish my oil feed line, two 90*'s and 3ft of -4AN SS hose. Yesterday, I recieved a few packages in the mail consisting of the last fuel line fitting, a 90* coupler I was waiting on to finish my cold pipe and my new K&N air element. I'll try to get the cold pipe finished up tonight. There are still some small things to do in the engine bay and I have my wiring to finish up, which includes removing the dash to run my harness over there.

On Friday, I also ordered my ChaseBays CM2 harness and a Haltech P2000 from them. Hopefully, they'll be in before the end of NOV.

On to the pictures....!

Overview of the engine bay as it currently sits...

As usual thank you for looking...
Old 09-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #74
first_choice
Leaky Injector

first_choice is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome build!
first_choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #75
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking great man, where'd you get those plates from the towers back to the firewall?

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #76
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looks great. Any plan B if your turbo starts to cook the brake fluid?
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #77
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by first_choice View Post
awesome build!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaBS View Post
Looking great man, where'd you get those plates from the towers back to the firewall?
Thanks mate. I picked them up from an online vendor. Here are a few that have them;

More-japan.com
Frsport.com
rhd-japan.com

I believe I purchased mine through more-japan.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy204 View Post
Looks great. Any plan B if your turbo starts to cook the brake fluid?
It shouldn't be an issue. I had this top mount manifold on my last setup( w/ a 3071r) without a turbo blanket and it never even hinted at boiling/melting the resevoir. I would think it's safe to say with the turbo blanket, I won't have an issue.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #78
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Thank you

Thanks mate. I picked them up from an online vendor. Here are a few that have them;

More-japan.com
Frsport.com
rhd-japan.com

I believe I purchased mine through more-japan.com.
What are they called?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #79
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Found them

Nagisa Auto XNS0070 Shakitto Shock Tower Plate S13

Cheers =)

Old 09-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #80
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Making Florida look good man. Proof everything down here isn't a hack job. This man does it right!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #81
TallguyBoost

TallguyBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Just stumbled across this build and I am impressed! Much respect for choosing to do things (everything) with excellence and intentional planning. Great work!
TallguyBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #82
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Did you use a Vibrant venturi in your exhaust or did you make your own? I'm kind of caught between intake and exhaust as far as plumbing my catch can goes.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #83
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Making Florida look good man. Proof everything down here isn't a hack job. This man does it right!!!!
Thank you sir! We need to get together one weekend and bullshit... No one has any decently built cars around me and you're only an hour away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallguyBoost View Post
Just stumbled across this build and I am impressed! Much respect for choosing to do things (everything) with excellence and intentional planning. Great work!
Thanks for the kind words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Did you use a Vibrant venturi in your exhaust or did you make your own? I'm kind of caught between intake and exhaust as far as plumbing my catch can goes.
Yes, I used the Vibrant venturi and check valve for my evac system. The check valve requires very low pressure to pull open as the exhaust flow would have to do.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #84
ultimateforce
Zilvia Member

ultimateforce is an unknown quantity at this point
I might have missed it, but when did you buy that intake manifold?
ultimateforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #85
jr_ss
Post Whore!

I bought the IM approaching 2 years ago, any reason you ask?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #86
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Thank you sir! We need to get together one weekend and bullshit... No one has any decently built cars around me and you're only an hour away.
Can I join in too?
Old 09-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #87
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Not worried about dropping something in the spark plug holes
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #88
ultimateforce
Zilvia Member

ultimateforce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I bought the IM approaching 2 years ago, any reason you ask?
That's the old old design, just wondering. Carry on!
ultimateforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #89
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Can I join in too?
Absolutely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Not worried about dropping something in the spark plug holes
Spark plugs are in... Shouldn't be an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateforce View Post
That's the old old design, just wondering. Carry on!
Well thanks for pointing out the obvious... I do believe I mentioned it was their prototype manifold for the VVL conversion they now sell in the first post.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #90
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
i like how clean the CAS replacement from Mazworks is, however, how do you adjust it? is the ring that goes on the cam adjustable?

Just curious

Great work
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote