Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #121
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Suprareal's S13 FB build (sr20det eventually)

This covid plague has really slowed down business for me like most and instead of going insanely bored I decided to start on my roll cage.
It will be a full cage with interior
Im using typical DOM tubing 1.5 .095 wall

Started with stripping the interior and sound deadening. I will be adding back some new deadening after though.

I built the front boxes outside of the car for a much easier job when they need to be welded in

Harness lap belt bolt on plate. You can simply use one of the stock bolt holes with your harness but I found this centered the bolt allowing the strap to come out of the carpet hole much cleaner

The rear plates counter the chassis nicely to get great coverage

I?m TIG welding the entire cage minus the base plates to chassis. The entire main hoop was built and welded outside of the car

I?ve built a few cages in the past but never with interior. Finding it a lot more difficult to build working around the panels

The rear section I decided to do a little differently than a standard X. Since these are extra added tubes not needed for a standard cage you have more design freedom. This to me was unique and gave me a little less blindspots on the driver seat in comparison to the X design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2020, 12:54 PM   #122
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
Hey sorry for the late reply. The brackets are Defworx I make myself. The mounts themselves are just KA/SR ISR

No worries thanks for the response.

Cage is looking fire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #123
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
After the windshield and A pillar bars were finished it was time to drop the cage down in order to weld the tops. A lot of people will skip this and be left with a unfinished cage
I do this by simply pushing the cage forward till it drops off the boxes.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:37 PM   #124
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

With that finished the dash bar could be made along with the mounting brackets for the steering column and fuse boxes

Before I move onto the door bars it?s easier to trim the dash, carpet, and any other panels now.

I used my spare dash to cut since I can?t see myself using my original Uncracked dash. This dash will be reupholstered and have the top protrusions cleaned up

I?ll still be using the lower half of the s14 rear seat

Old 05-15-2020, 10:31 PM   #125
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Work turned around when everyone got their stimulus checks. The past 2 weeks I was lucky to get a hour a day on my cage
A lot of thinking and changing my mind on the door bar designs and I finally decided on this style because they clear my seat perfectly, required only minor trimming of the door panel, and my legs/elbows won?t hit them when getting tossed around drifting
Vertical bars will be added to them

A pillar gussets nicely contour the chassis

My bride reclinable sat way to high causing my head to hit the a pillar bars ( I?m 6?3?) so I picked up this Bride Cusco XL seat. For the first time I have a authentic seat!

Rear trim was further trimmed to fit. Now is in 3 removable pieces

My buddy from Socal auto image came by to get a part welded. My twin in Silvia form
(My rear fenders are off and changing to type3)

Old 05-23-2020, 01:14 PM   #126
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

With the door bars finished up I was able to prep and mask for paint. The color is a mix of body color and black but turned out straight black

Old 05-28-2020, 07:58 PM   #127
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Suprareal's S13 FB build (sr20det eventually)

Decided to throw a little bit of deadening back in to reduce the tin canning of the sheet metal

Interior is going back in little by little. My dash is being wrapped before it goes back in

Old 07-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #128
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Custom cluster I made and had a friend draw up and cut decals for imitation gauges since none of mine worked anyways

Interior is all back together now
Had my interior guy wrap the dash. It was his first dash so it?s not perfect but I think it turned out great.
New gauge pod for the ac hole and I threw the digital climate control back in. It?s just wired so it lights up.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:28 AM   #129
koukis13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
koukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the roughkoukis13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking good man!
koukis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #130
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thumbs up

That battery box ruin all the effort for me. Did you ever consider getting rid of it and mounting the battery to the bottom where the spare goes?
With all that awesome fabrication available to you it's such an easy and effective change.
Love the cage, congrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprareal View Post
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #131
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Cage came out rad. Nice seeing the progression of it.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #132
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
That battery box ruin all the effort for me. Did you ever consider getting rid of it and mounting the battery to the bottom where the spare goes?
With all that awesome fabrication available to you it's such an easy and effective change.
Love the cage, congrats.

I run a full size battery in that box. It wouldn?t fit where the spare is without making a big bulge in the carpet. To me this plastic box is clean, I personally hate exposed battery?s/ boxes.
I may later make a delete panel to hide the rear section and have it wrapped the same material as the dash though

Old 07-21-2020, 02:14 PM   #133
Avayo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Avayo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This thing is rad, props on all that fab work man!
Avayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:40 PM   #134
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

ASB 2021 was awesome
Have a few small changes coming to this car I?ll update with soon