Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #211
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
If you needed a dose of fail for your Monday, I got you. I bought this brand new @cxracing JZ to SR20 radiator pipe and it didn’t fit my modified coolant swirl pot setup. Had I not been an idiot and actually measured before buying the pipe, I would have noticed that a straight 12” pipe (that isn’t a chrome sink drain) and a pair of couplers would have been perfect.

Anyone looking for a coolant pipe, hit me up! As you can see, it’s new and has only been fitted...to one side. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #212
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Popped the subframe back in today with the help of my eldest daughter. I’m trying desperately to get parts off of the floor of my garage so I bolted the rear wheels up for the first time. They’re dirty but it’s giving me a lot of motivation. I took some time to fire up the air compressor and blow out the fuel lines, which was something I had forgotten to do the last time I was working on the car. After that was done I did the final install of the turbo and put the P/S reservoir back in. Not much else was done because I needed to clean the garage floor and we were having a yard sale today as well. Made some cash while working on the car, so I can’t really complain. [emoji857]

Old 11-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #213
Mister.E
Post Whore!

It isn’t much, but I finally got off my ass and ordered a straight piece of pipe to finish off this part of the cooling system. I originally bought a 240sx w/JZ swap crossover pipe, but it didn’t fit because of my mods. The straight piece fits perfectly so if anyone needs the bent pipe holla at ya boy.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:04 AM   #214
Mister.E
Post Whore!

A lot of people ask me for updates on my S14, many more than I thought would. I often don’t have any and it’s quite disappointing to be brutally honest. There is hope, though. I didn’t squander all of my time on just back pain and depression. I’ve been putting in some serious overtime for the past 2-3 years and saving it all for a very special purpose. I present to you my newly acquired 1997 JZX100 Toyota Chaser. I’m so happy that everything came together so well and that I was able to find a car I really liked. I did all of this with the intentions of keeping my S14 and having two rad street cars, so don’t worry, I’m not selling my baby. In fact, now that I’ve bought this and can’t import it for another three years, the S14 will be my main focus again.

Huge thanks to my long time brother @pinkustyle for arranging the purchase and storage of the vehicle until he can ship it for me. If you are serious about buying a vehicle, his business provides services that make it an absolute breeze.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #215
Mister.E
Post Whore!

My dude @mr_eric_lee stopped by to help me trim and loosely fit this front end. My current bash bar doesn’t fit with this bumper, so forgive the headlight gap. I’m happy with the tiny amount of progress we made.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #216
Mister.E
Post Whore!

It’s been a while since I’ve even considered touching my car, but I finally got some fire under my ass and got some things done. One thing that was bugging me for a long time was the stuck shaft on my steering column. After relocating my rack forward I was no longer able to connect the shaft to the rack. Someone here on Zilvia told me that the smaller shaft is supposed to slide, but mine was seized. I let it sit in the sun today and occasionally sprayed penetrating lube on it while working on other parts of the car. A few hours later and some whacks with the hammer and it finally moves. I had been putting off doing anything on the front end because I honestly thought i would mess something up (cut tie rods too short). I decided to just buckle down, lower the @fealsuspension 441’s and go for it. The alignment is way out of whack but I’m so glad the entire front suspension setup is bolted together properly now. The @gktech_official tie rods were a breeze to cut through. Those combined with @splparts tie rod ends, @gktech_official LCAs, and drop knuckles make for some seriously divine suspension alignment when lowered. Until next time [emoji1308]

Old 11-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #217
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hey boss, images dont work!
Old 11-25-2019, 08:03 AM   #218
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The images work fine.

Great update.

Rivnuts FTW.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:58 AM   #219
SlmdCpe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
SlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enoughSlmdCpe will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
My dude @mr_eric_lee stopped by to help me trim and loosely fit this front end. My current bash bar doesn’t fit with this bumper, so forgive the headlight gap. I’m happy with the tiny amount of progress we made.

Car is coming out amazing!

+1 on the PSD kit, super under rated. Love mine!
SlmdCpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:16 AM   #220
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Thanks guys.

The body has a LONG way to go, but I'm going to leave it to someone who is a little more skilled in that area. The fenders need to be fit better and the headlight mounts may need to be cut off and welded in a better spot. Gotta handle that nasty bumper gap too.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:38 PM   #221
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This thread has potential....liken what im seeing here.....
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:09 PM   #222
Mister.E
Post Whore!

I decided that I needed wider front fenders for a few reasons. I want to utilize the extendable LCA portion of the GKTech arms, run slightly wider tires, and run a little less camber. It only made sense to snatch up the Origin Type IIIs to match the rear. Thankfully a local guy had them in stock. Shoutout to him because not too many people keep zenki specific parts on-hand.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #223
Mister.E
Post Whore!

I picked up this S14 roll cage from Cage Kits and it's absolutely top-notch craftsmanship. All of the bends and cuts are perfect. Every piece came labeled as well so there is no guess work. Parts of the cage are already tacked in place too. I honestly couldn't be happier with the purchase. Customer service was on point as well. I almost didn't buy the kit because they only had options for the large door bars that protrude into the door frames and this is going to be a street car. I decided to email them and ask if there were other options. They got back to me quickly and added an option to the site that allowed me to buy a kit without the door bars cut or bent, they just sent them as straight pipes. Thanks for everything Cage Kits, I can't wait to see it in the car!

Old 06-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #224
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wow.... crazy they make kits fully, bent, cut and notched. Thats awsome. Cars lookn good
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #225
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Yeahhhh refresh dat build

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:50 PM   #226
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
How'd I miss this thread?! Looking good my man! And welcome to the yacht club!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:45 PM   #227
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Got a few things done on the car today, it?s been a LONG time since I?ve had the motivation to do so. I started out by attempting to put in my driveshaft in and then realizing that the shaft to diff bolts are straight up missing. Took notes for a parts order and moved on to changing the OE rear endlinks with some P2M links. The quality of these links is far superior to my clapped out stock ones.

After that I had the pleasure of finding out that the USDM pedal does not work with the Nismo clutch pedal bracket...In lieu of my second failure, I decided to clean up the old bracket, re-grease everything, put in new spring bushings, and reassemble it.

Once that was done I started putting hose barb fittings into the intake manifold and making vacuum lines. I needed to figure out how many ports were going to be left over so that I can buy 1/8BSPT pipe plugs to close them up.

Once I finished that task, I finally got around to installing my PBM steering shaft extension. This little part easily solved the problem of me wondering for so damn long how I was going to make up the extra length of missing steering shaft from my rack-forward modification.

Old 09-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #228
Mister.E
Post Whore!

I also got around to doing some throttle cable work. This is more or less how you get a nice clean throttle cable setup in a USDM S-chassis with a JZ swap. With this swap the intake manifold happens to be closer to the pedals because it?s on the opposing side compared to the KA or SR. This ends up causing the factory throttle cable to be way too damn long. Thanks to a post I found a long time ago here on Zilvia, someone mentioned swapping the cable out with one from a 1986 Toyota Tercel. As you can see in the picture, it?s a whole hell of a lot shorter than the S14 cable.

The only real difference is that the flange mounting holes are a little wider on the S14, which works out fine because it leaves room for modification. I started out by pulling back the rubber grommet on the Tercel cable.

I then used my Dremel to trim the outside of the holes out to match the diameter of the original hole.

This allowed me to stretch the grommet and fit the S14 mounting bracket inside.

The edges of where I cut out land right on top of the screw posts and keep the flange from twisting.

I?m still unsure if I want to use the stretched rubber grommet or take the old ass one off of the S14 cable and use that instead. Once the flange work was done I threw it back in the car to get it mocked up.

The length is damn near perfect, with no excess jacket, and it lands perfectly in the throttle cable bracket. There is a little bit of play in the cable itself so I am either going to have to make modifications to the pedal or the mounting bracket in order to make it fit 100%, but I?m super happy with the results so far.

Old 09-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #229
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks for the info and detailed pics on the cable. I tried a tried a 92 camry cable on my jz setup and it was too short so I think I'll give this a try. Do you know of a source for a new Tercel cable?
Old 09-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #230
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Thanks for the info and detailed pics on the cable. I tried a tried a 92 camry cable on my jz setup and it was too short so I think I'll give this a try. Do you know of a source for a new Tercel cable?
I bought mine quite some time ago, so I did some searching for you. From what I can tell, this is the Toyota part number 78180-16070.

It is discontinued in most places I've checked but THIS site seems to have it.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:58 AM   #231
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks so much. I'm going to try my best to source an OEM one if I can. Keep up the good work on your build!
Old 04-13-2021, 08:07 PM   #232
superdupergeo

Trader Rating: (0)
superdupergeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's up! I was wondering if there are any updates so far? I was deployed a few months ago and I was actually going through your whole post with this build as I am currently doing a 1jz in my s14 as well. I re-read your thread to keep myself occupied back then haha. I hope all is well!
superdupergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:58 AM   #233
Mister.E
Post Whore!

I?ve got a lot of things go on and haven?t made too much progress. Me and my friend just started working on it again and are actually hoping to have it running soon, if all goes well. I?ll be sure to post any significant updates that I have.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #234
ABM423x

ABM423x is an unknown quantity at this point
this thing looks sweet
Old 05-15-2021, 03:19 PM   #235
Mister.E
Post Whore!

E's '95 S14 Build - The true "forever" build

Yesterday my homie and I finished up the majority of the electrical work that was left. Power was delivered to the ECU and we fired it up for the first time. Sensors are reading good so after I scrub over the base map that came with the ECU and adjust some things to reflect the parts I have installed, we should be able to crank the engine over for the first time.

We also finished up the super extra vacuum hose for the brake booster. Fitted it with some AN lines and a brand new check valve.

Old 09-25-2022, 11:12 AM   #236
cole d
Zilvia Member

cole d is an unknown quantity at this point
Updates? Interested how things turned out.
cole d is offline   Reply With Quote